Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Windows File-Explorer Working Slowly
Posted 2007-11-10, 02:43 PM
Hi to all!
I've had several problems with my Windows Explorer. The opening or saving a file through several software is not working fast or sometimes not at all. Also the opening of big files (over 200mb) especially .exe files from the explorer freezes the whole explorer. For example: I want to download a file in Firefox from a web page. I click on the file ( coolfile.txt ) with my right mouse button and select "Save as..." then I choose the saving location, which takes a long time just to wonder around in my directories. I've found the place where to save the coolfile.txt. I click on "Save". After releasing the mouse button whole Firefox freezes.

I am in a big need of help! If you know something about this please tell me!

Windows XP Home: SP2
Firefox 2.0.0.6
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

OlldGranny

Posted 2007-11-24, 04:38 PM in reply to OlldGranny's post "Windows File-Explorer Working Slowly"
It could just be a case of the computer needing a good defrag.

Whilst you're at it, it may be worth uninstalling programs you never use and never will use, deleting files you never use and will never use, and basically giving the whole system a spring clean.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-12-04, 03:55 AM in reply to OlldGranny's post "Windows File-Explorer Working Slowly"
OlldGranny said:
Hi to all!
I've had several problems with my Windows Explorer. The opening or saving a file through several software is not working fast or sometimes not at all. Also the opening of big files (over 200mb) especially .exe files from the explorer freezes the whole explorer. For example: I want to download a file in Firefox from a web page. I click on the file ( coolfile.txt ) with my right mouse button and select "Save as..." then I choose the saving location, which takes a long time just to wonder around in my directories. I've found the place where to save the coolfile.txt. I click on "Save". After releasing the mouse button whole Firefox freezes.

I am in a big need of help! If you know something about this please tell me!

Windows XP Home: SP2
Firefox 2.0.0.6

this problem could really be anything, the first thing i would suggest is going to a place like www.download.com and download spybot - search & destroy, and then ad-aware SE, and then Windows Defender, and run them....and then just do a google search for "online virus scan" and then run one ( i recommend bit defender, it runs pretty smooth ) then defrag your hard drive by going to start / all programs / accessories / system tools / defragmenter, and defrag your drive(s), if all of that still doesnt work, theres a problem deeper, but id try that first.....please post whether that works or not, if it doesnt, ill help you further
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
micdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmicdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

micdawg12