Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Post Zelda-like ABS system for RPG Maker XP
Posted 2007-05-05, 06:51 PM
I am trying to make a Zelda style game for RPG Maker XP, and so far I have been able to make it so that when I touch an enemy, I lose health, I have a working HP bar, and I have a working sword swinging animation, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do several things:

1.) Make it so that I can swing my sword from anywhere at all without needing to cover the entire map with the event to make the sword swinging animation appear (common event maybe?).
2.) Make it so that when I hit an enemy with my sword (I swing the sword and there is an enemy standing in front of my character when I swing) and causing him to take damage, using X and Y coordinates.

If anyone knows any links to tutorials for this, or has any ideas or anything like that at all, that would be awesome, I've been trying to get this to work for a while now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
General White is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGeneral White is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

General White

Posted 2007-05-07, 03:29 PM in reply to General White's post "Zelda-like ABS system for RPG Maker XP"
Check out mr.mo's ABS scripts. I think they are in the RMXP.org forums. This might help you with just about everything you need to know on ABS for the RMXP. Gonna prolly have to download his demo and check out the script system by taking the demo and opening it up as a project.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frostedsn0

Posted 2007-05-08, 04:46 PM in reply to frostedsn0's post starting "Check out mr.mo's ABS scripts. I think..."
Can you put a link to it please? I could'nt find it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
General White is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGeneral White is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

General White

Posted 2007-05-10, 08:31 AM in reply to General White's post starting "Can you put a link to it please? I..."
Ya gotta join the rmxp.org/forums just like here. After you do this, go here
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11 Look for mr.mo's SBABS for the best version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frostedsn0

Rmxp greeting
Posted 2007-05-16, 12:50 PM in reply to frostedsn0's post starting "Ya gotta join the rmxp.org/forums just..."
Hello every one ! im quite good at rmxp and ive made really good things on it! if you wanna see the screen shots of my menu then ask
lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jyoji01101122 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjyoji01101122 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jyoji01101122

Posted 2007-05-17, 02:39 PM in reply to jyoji01101122's post "Rmxp greeting"
I'm asking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-05-17, 03:36 PM in reply to General White's post "Zelda-like ABS system for RPG Maker XP"
General White said:
I am trying to make a Zelda style game for RPG Maker XP, and so far I have been able to make it so that when I touch an enemy, I lose health, I have a working HP bar, and I have a working sword swinging animation, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do several things:

1.) Make it so that I can swing my sword from anywhere at all without needing to cover the entire map with the event to make the sword swinging animation appear (common event maybe?).
2.) Make it so that when I hit an enemy with my sword (I swing the sword and there is an enemy standing in front of my character when I swing) and causing him to take damage, using X and Y coordinates.

If anyone knows any links to tutorials for this, or has any ideas or anything like that at all, that would be awesome, I've been trying to get this to work for a while now.
ur a crazy man...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OnE131313 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOnE131313 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OnE131313

Posted 2010-02-06, 02:17 PM in reply to General White's post "Zelda-like ABS system for RPG Maker XP"
i don't know much about scripting but i have Sean a few abs games and one thing you could do is make a map call it tools and have an event for the sword slashing then create a script connecting the event id to the sword id so when you swing your sword it plays the event from the map tools.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iw1tei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniw1tei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iw1tei