Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Posted 2003-09-19, 06:37 PM
I thought this movie was going to kick complete ass, much like Desperado did. It didn't. In fact, without Jonny Depp, I thought I would have been completely robbed of the $7.50 I paid to see it. From what I heard, it was actually like the 4th part in the "Desperado" series. There was the original, El Mariachi, Desperado, the third was skipped, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico is the 4th in the series. I didn't like this very much, as it was like an entire new movie. To add on to the original crapness of the movie, it had that Enrique Gayslice guy in it. The Mariachi's friends were pathetic, one gets smashed all day and the other is a faggot (Enrique Igle... whatever). The parts with Depp were hilarious, in fact, at one of the scenes I laughed for damn near 5 minutes. The entire time I was laughing, I didn't miss anything because the movie sucked that bad.

I'll be nice, and give it 3/10 stars just because Jonny Depp made it worthwhile.
So this baby seal walks into a club.

Last edited by ask_rabber; 2003-09-19 at 06:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-09-19, 07:35 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
I heard almost the exact same review from some friends, they said it was still worth viewing, but we have pwnt movie theaters here, which means we can go to the Cinema $ Draught house anytime.

The best thing about that theater is its like a resturant in a theater, beer... burgers,,ect.. =so like.. any movie is worth seeing.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:03 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
There was a movie before Desperado?
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:10 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Indeed there was, El Mariachi be the name.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:19 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
*wants to watch El Mariachi*

Is Bandana in it?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:24 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Banderas!!! Antonio Banderas!! And no, he's not. It was before the director had enough money for the high grade actors. But, it is still a good flick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:46 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Oh sorry. I didn't mean to insult your boyfriend.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:49 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Well you did, and now my feelings are deeply hurt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:52 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
http://movies.go.com/movies/O/onceup...inmexico_2002/

Quote:
Robert Rodriguez's second sequel to El Mariachi starts up after the events of Desperado. Guitar- and gun-totin' Antonio Banderas is back, but he's lying low after all he's lost.
From what Google tells me, there was no skipped movie. This is just after Desperado.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-20, 11:03 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
should you watch that before you watch Once upon a...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-09-20, 11:06 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
It shouldn't matter.

We all watched Star Wars before we saw Episode 1..
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-20, 11:35 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
so it was cool that way...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-09-20, 12:20 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Well, that's what I've heard, and it makes perfect sense. The beginning of the movie starts out with 0 connections to Desperado, except that it has The Mariachi. Also, he goes to pick up his guitar case from a friend, which he had at the end of Desperado. But, even if it is the 3rd, it sucks and I suggest that you do not see it, unless you want to pay out a few dollars for a laugh here and there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-09-20, 01:57 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Face It. The Movie Is Shit
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-20, 02:18 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
Medieval Bob said:
*wants to watch El Mariachi*

Is Bandana in it?

: dies : That just cracked me up.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-20, 04:43 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
I absolutely loved Desperado and still think it's one of the most badass movies ever. I guess I'll have to see this movie anyway because I can't comprehend how anything that relates to Desperado can suck.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-20, 06:27 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
desperado??? never seen, me=clueless!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-09-20, 08:13 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"
RoboticSilence said:
I absolutely loved Desperado and still think it's one of the most badass movies ever. I guess I'll have to see this movie anyway because I can't comprehend how anything that relates to Desperado can suck.
My thoughts exactly. There isn't even a main character in the movie. They make it out to be about Banderas, but he's in it for less than 1/4 of the entire movie.

P.S.
Slaynish, go see Desperado and be amazed by the badassness of Banderas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber