Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

The next step in space propulsion
Posted 2003-10-23, 10:29 AM
We're still a long way off from the likes of warp drive, but this new propulsion system promises to bring new possibilities and expand the reach of manned space flight. This type of propultion system is used for fighters in some space games...

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/...pl/vasimr.html

Last edited by WetWired; 2003-10-23 at 10:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-23, 10:32 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The next step in space propulsion"
Wow, I thought you never misspelled anything. Thats a new low for you WetWired.

The Dictionary said:
propulsion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-23, 10:48 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The next step in space propulsion"
Let's just say that I actually try to spell things correctly, but rarely do I go so far as to use a spell checker.
In any case, this is the GC forum, not that chat forum, this should have been in a PM, not a post, as it is really of no consequence to this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-23, 02:29 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The next step in space propulsion"
electromagnet propulsion......

tasty
i must not fear. fear is the mind killer. i will face my fears and when they are gone only i will remain.
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
haplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhaplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

haplo

Posted 2003-10-24, 09:52 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The next step in space propulsion"
Recent developments in space travel

There is a substance recently rediscovered, but known through out our history by the Babylonians, Egyptians and written about in the book of Exodus, Told to have the powers of levitation, transmutation and teleportation. It was said to produce brilliant light and deadly rays, while at the same time being a key to active physical longevity.

This substance is a form of gold and when manufactured correctly turns in to a powder form. On its rediscovery scientists found that it was a superconductor which when passing energy loses none of its own momentum, during tests at different temperatures it was able to become weightless with zero gravity, while at this stage it was not visible. What was being said was not simply that the substance could be moved out of perceptual vision, but that it was literally transported into an alternative parallel plane--a fifth dimension of space-time. The proof of this was ascertained by attempting to disturb and scoop the substance with spatulas while it was invisible, so that it would be positioned differently when it returned to a visible state. But this did not happen, and the substance returned to precisely the same position and shape as last seen. Nothing was moved or disturbed in the invisible interim, because it had not been there. In short, it was not invisible: it had actually altered its physical state and had transposed into another dimension.

In the field of quantum mechanics, scientists have recently confirmed that matter can indeed be in two places at once. It is now established that, through quantum entanglement, particles millions of light-years apart can be connected without physical contact. Space-time can now be manipulated, teleportation is becoming a reality, gravity-resistant material is heralded for air transport, and virtual science has led to a greater understanding of hyper-dimensional environments.

Scientists now believe that this could be the first steps into making the fiction of the warp drive into reality.

* More information here http://www.nexusmagazine.com/LostArk.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-10-24, 04:37 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The next step in space propulsion"
i call shotgun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon