Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

pvp faq
Posted 2003-08-03, 06:31 PM
i would like to help start a faq that could be stickied. so me and my friends have come up with a larger list of questions that are asked alot and i honestly cant give someone a good definition or i just dont know so if u have an answer to any of these questions just post the question first then your answer, because i would like to be able to make a large question and answer FAQ. Examples would make some of the answers more understandable.

How does enhanced damage on a weapon modify your damage?

How does enhanced damage on other gear modify your damage?

How does enhanced damage from skills like guided arrow or fury modify your damage?

How does max damage on a weapon modify your damage and is it the same when it is on other gear?

How does strength/dexterity modify damage?

How does increased attack speed on a weapon work?

How does increased attack speed on other gear work?

how does increased attack speed from skills like fury, and fanat work?

How does faster cast rate work?

Is it possible to shorten the cast delay on some spells?

When cold (character is blue) how much is your attack slowed?

What does crushing blow,deadly strike, and open wounds do?

What does faster block rate mean?

What does high % chance to block do?(example is what an eld rune does in a sheild.)

What is the formula to get max block for your level?

What causes block lock?

What hit recovery animation is and what the formula is for it?

How does resist work?

How does Absorb work?

How do they combine?

How does damage reduction work?

Please post any other useful pvp info like

Player Vs Player penalty
Player Vs Merc penalty

some of my miscellanos knowledege

Poison does not stack for example if your have a poison charm that does 290 damage over 10 seconds and your infect someone and your hit them again in 5 seconds your poison restarts at 290 so you will have done 145 damage in the first 5 seconds and then you will do 290 damage for the 10 seconds after the second hit.

Cannot be frozen does not stop a paladins holy freeze aura.

If a paladin gets a wand with Life tap and curses someone with it the paladin will be able to leach life with smite.

Conentration aura increases the damag of a paladins blessed hammers.

Lower resist increases the damage of a necros bone spirits/spears.

Poison Nova can kill you, first it will take your to 1 life then once you are at one life if u get hit by it again it will kill you.

When an assassin cast mind blast on someone as long as the other person has the swirly animated thing above there head, if they take any damage at all they will be put through the hit recovery animation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-08-05, 04:11 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
How does enhanced damage on a weapon modify your damage?

Answer: Enhanced damage goes by the % on the weapon, and it also multiplys your damage each time it goes after 100%

Example:Sword with 20 - 40 damage

if the swrod had :

100% ED it would be 40 - 80 damage
200% ED it would be 60 - 120 damage
300% ED it would be 80 - 160 damage
400% ED it owuld be 100 - 200 damage

and i think 400% is the most you can have.

How does enhanced damage on other gear modify your damage?

ED on other gear modifies your OVER ALL dmg , so if your attack dmg is 200 - 400 and you have 100% ED from other items (not including weapons) it would be 400 - 800
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-08-05, 04:18 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
The formula is
(Base min +1) x (1+ED%)
(Base max+1) x (1+ED%)

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-08-05, 04:23 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
In 1.09 the maximum %ed you can have would be 450% on a three socketed perfect cruel weapon.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-16, 12:37 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
question what does crushing blow,deadly strike and open wounds do.

Answer is crushing blow and deadly strike are chances that you will do double damage but they do not stack with each other so that if u get a deadly strike u cannot also get a crushing blow on the same hit.

open wounds is best described as poison type damage beacause it is damage of time as if u were bleeding.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-16, 12:56 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
Crushing Blow only work on monster.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-09-16, 01:25 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
it works in pvp, just highly reduced (instead of 1/4th total life, 1/10 melee, 1/20th ranged **before dr)

tidus, your thinking of critical strike

Critical strike and Deadly strike do not stack, although they have the same affect
(double physical damage)

critical comes from skill, deadly from gear
claw mastery, and all barbarian masteries regardless of the % they say give 100% chance for critical/deadly
hence asns/barbs don't use headstrike/guillaumes/goreriders/highlords/etc

yes you can have deadly strike and crushing blow in the same strike, but they are calculated seperately (crushing blow is physical but you don't leech from it)

open wounds does damage over time based on character level, the formula is

(Attacker level * 9 + 40)/256 pts of damage per frame over 4 seconds
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-09-19, 08:46 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "pvp faq"
What is the formula to get max block for your level?

Chance to Block formula:

Shield% * (Dex - 15) / (clvl * 2) = 75
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005