Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Is key hunting worth it?
Posted 2005-10-22, 08:31 PM
Well, I have trapsin Karatzke (level 66 ATM). Would it be beneficial to hunt for keys from the summoner and the countess? i.e. could I make good trades off of it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-10-22, 10:04 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Is key hunting worth it?"
Keys = hellfires = $$ if they are good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-10-23, 12:11 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Is key hunting worth it?"
keys=alot of time w/out nigma and MH=uber set number1 that is hard to beat=ubers set number two that is god damn near impossible to beat(unless you have smiter buddys)=torchs that are 90% of the time worth like Um-Ist. Plus you've got to drop trade them suckers.
You might as well get 2 or more cdkeys and spend your time grushing mules to hell and doing forges.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-10-23, 12:39 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "keys=alot of time w/out nigma and..."
But killing tristram is fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-10-24, 04:04 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Is key hunting worth it?"
It's not worth it too much unless you have a full set x2-3, those usually sell.
Indivs though, are a pain to sell. Well when I try anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkWarlord is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkWarlord is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkWarlord

Posted 2005-10-24, 09:53 AM in reply to DarkWarlord's post starting "It's not worth it too much unless you..."
Wow, what do keys do now? Just wondering, since I've not touches Diablo II (Devil heathen game!!) in like 18 months.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-10-24, 03:31 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Wow, what do keys do now? Just..."
keys create a portal to an Uber Boss(Uber Andy, Uber Duriel, and uber Izzy) and when you kill one of these bosses each drops an Organ from one of The 3 Brothers (diablos Horn, Baals Eye, Mephs Brain) and when u get all 3 organs u use them in cube to create portal to uber trist where all 3 uber Brothers are.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-10-24, 09:02 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "keys create a portal to an Uber..."
Oh, and then you get this neat item called a Hellfire Torch. It's bitchin' ass sweet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-10-25, 10:00 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Oh, and then you get this neat item..."
What the fuck? I seriously can't tell if that was kidding or serious?? If it's true, I might make a comeback.. Please don't be true..

*Titus runs away with an odd nervouis sensation..*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-10-25, 04:33 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "What the fuck? I seriously can't tell..."
Most definitly true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-10-25, 07:14 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Most definitly true."
it is very much worth it.. there are people Buying Keysets for 1x Hr and in many cases Soj's. sometimes i dont find keys.. takes me 1-2 hours just to find a D key when doing Dkey runs. but it still pays off better than mfing for Wf's etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-10-25, 07:29 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "it is very much worth it.. there are..."
HellFire Torch
25% chance to cast lvl 10 firestorm when striking
+3 to random character class skills
+10-20 to all attributes
+10-20 to all resistances
+8 to light radius
lvl 30 hydra 10 charges

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...re+Torch+Stats
Wow, 4th from top is us! YAY KANEDA!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-10-25, 10:17 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "HellFire Torch 25% chance to cast lvl..."
Wo! lol That kicks ass. I knew that would get us activity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-10-26, 06:22 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Wo! lol That kicks ass. I knew that..."
Hold on, so there are different keys now? Special keys that open shit up and get your into battle with uber crazy niggas that might get you this crazy torch weapon?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2005-10-26, 01:46 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hold on, so there are different keys..."
Ya, you find the keys doing the countess, summoner, and nitholak ( i can never spell his name right sorry.)In Hell. It has taken me up to 2 days to find a key before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slavetothemetal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlavetothemetal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Slavetothemetal

Posted 2005-10-27, 07:22 AM in reply to Slavetothemetal's post starting "Ya, you find the keys doing the..."
Are they regular keys, or are they labeled like a special unique key or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2005-10-27, 04:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Are they regular keys, or are they..."
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37188

They are basically white items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-10-28, 06:51 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?..."
Whoa, thats crazy..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2005-10-29, 11:03 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Whoa, thats crazy.."
Summoner runs for Hate keys are exceptionally useless- since he... won't give you much else... in a million years.
Countess runs are okay for people... who really wanna spend longer(unless use maphack) teleporting there and finding mostly crappy runes from the countess and sometimes keys.
Destruction keys from nithilak(spelling?) are worth twice as much as the other keys though, and maphack isn't needed to get there very fast... but a really good character like a hammerdin with enigma is...
3 Keysets is/was worth around IST... tho any Torch you'd get after doing uber trist would be hard to trade for even a Mal(or for me it is anyway).. so I don't know what will happen to Key prices(though they should go WAY down)
Either way... ATM keys (at least on USEAST) are fluctuating in price. I personally do nithalak runs while trading Lem runes for each Dkey other people bring me.. then Trade 7-8 Dkeys for an Ist rune(and last time I checked... 7-8 Lem runes is NOT worth as much as ist) I made about 5 ists in the last 2 days doing this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dedguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendedguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dedguy

Posted 2005-10-30, 12:41 AM in reply to dedguy's post starting "Summoner runs for Hate keys are..."
nowdays, ppl are buyin keys (single) for tonnes of shit! i saw sum1 buyin d or t key for a hr b4, and another game had c script, so wen i checked it, it had "soj 4 t key" i was shocked! o.O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Blaze_mf is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlaze_mf is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Blaze_mf