Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!
Posted 2003-03-14, 11:39 PM
I was playing D2, and just when I was tryign to get info on this guy who sold my d2 account on ebay from someone who was on the account. Fking Computer froze for 1 minute, and I heard my cdrom spinning like crazy. Next thing I eject the CD and out came the cd with 1.5 inches missing on the Edge. F!!! I can't play D2 from now on! Dammit. Fking CDROM now I have to open it up to get the other piece out. I hate these 48x cdrw!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
XyKo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenXyKo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

XyKo

Posted 2003-03-14, 11:44 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
So...you're saying, you were playing d2, frozed for a while, CDrom started to get weird. You ejected it, out of come came your CD...but broken?
I feel sorry for you. ><''
I don't use CD anyway...I copied the CD to the HD and use daemon tool to simulate~

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-15, 03:25 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
lol can u explain how u did that senesia
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-03-15, 03:39 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
platnum said:
lol can u explain how u did that senesia
Hmm...I used CloneCD (name of the program~) and clone the cd to hard-drive, then use Daemon's tool to simulate it~

So...first go find and download CloneCD...then have your CD in the CD-rom, choose the "read to file" command. (You'll need about ~700MB at least in the HD, shouldn't be a problem~) Then it will start writing from the CD to a New file in HD... Then download Daemon's tool (It's a Virtual CD-rom thing...mount the CD image (the new file) to a virtual CD-rom drive. and there~ you won't need the real CD to play~

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-15, 04:17 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
If you want another cd, Email blizzard about it, they will ask for the broken CD and the case, with CDKey and 10 bucks, and they'll give you a new one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2003-03-15, 07:26 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
where can i get clone cd?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-03-15, 07:45 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
try www.clonecd.net

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-15, 08:10 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
k thx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

platnum

Posted 2003-03-17, 05:17 AM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
i already have clonecd but where can i find the other program??
«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«·´¨*·.¸¸.« ·.................-=Erik=-.............~·».¸¸.·*¨`·»
«·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·»
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Seliggy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSeliggy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Seliggy

Posted 2003-03-17, 05:56 AM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
does anyone knows about a site called GOOGLE ???
open it (www.google.com lol) and make a search on DAEMON TOOLS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
lordofthedread is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenlordofthedread is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

lordofthedread

Posted 2003-03-17, 08:54 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
Negative.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-03-17, 08:57 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
lordofthedread said:
does anyone knows about a site called GOOGLE ???
open it (www.google.com lol) and make a search on DAEMON TOOLS
And...if you can't follow the complicated instructions above, use this link.

Daemon-tools

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-17, 09:06 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
They got some program here at the PX (name escapes me) for like 20 bucks that copies all your CD's to harddrive like Senesia said. I was going to buy it but most games I have the CD for or are cracked and dont need it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SephirothSoul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSephirothSoul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SephirothSoul

Posted 2003-03-17, 09:23 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
the same thing happened to my very first LoD CD i got for my birthday as my only preasant from my mom... i played it for about 2 hrs and it split into my cd rom drive, i only recovered approx 15% of the cd, all in chunks, the wrest of the cd was never found inside my cd rom drive, i then found a chunk after it was humming a while back it just poped out, im guessing the wrest is all micro dust...
oh well futureshop gave me another copy for free...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-03-17, 09:29 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
Aww...the only present and it broke...
I'm not sure about mine...didn't use it for a long time.
Last time after I played for 5 hours, the CD was like burning...and there was some smell too~

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-17, 11:01 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
lol wtf is wrong with ur guys pc,.... they eat cd or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-03-17, 11:11 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
Yes, this happened to me a long time ago with rollercoaster tycoon. It was playing normal then suddenly the bits of cd break out through the top of the cd drive, it hit my leg. I took it to compusa, and they charged me like 40 buxs to tell me that there was still mini bits of the cd that could affect my puter. Then another 20 or something to clean it, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-03-17, 11:19 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
By the way, that was my 48x Samsung (one of the worst I've ever use ><) CD-rom, intel celeron.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-18, 05:03 PM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
One time, i ate this cd, and i got it stuck in my throat, then a babewatch babe had to take it out with a pencil tip.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kickyanads is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkickyanads is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kickyanads

Posted 2003-03-19, 07:45 AM in reply to XyKo's post "Damn CDROM Broke My D2 CD!!"
All right, I got a copy of the cd from a friend. I didn't expect it to work.
"Just want to let the mod know that this is not getting bootleg, I'm getting a copy because mine is broke and it right next to me."

Well I say everyone should just make a copy of the game yourself and use that copy, because maybe yours will get crack and broke like mines.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
XyKo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenXyKo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

XyKo