Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post Which car should I get?
Posted 2003-03-10, 11:00 AM
91 Eclipse GS 2.0 Turbo for $3, 500
AD:
"91 ECLIPSE GS 2.0 TURBO 5 SPEED. ABS,A/C, TILT, CRUISE, FACTORY RADIO/CASSETTE WITH FACTORY CD PLAYER, SUNROOF. TINTED BACK WINDOWS, NEW IDLE AIR CONTROL MOTOR & REBUILT ECU WITH LIFETIME WARRANTY. NEW RADIATOR. NEW TIRES ON 16" ALLUMINUM WHEELS. WATER PUMP, TIMING BELT, BALANCE SHAFT BELT, TIMING BELT TENSIONER, BALANCE SHAFT BELT TENSIONER, HYDRAULIC TIMING BELT TENSIONER , FRONT CAM AND CRANK ALONG WITH BALANCE SHAFT SEALS REPLACED AT 158,000 MILES. CLEAN INTERIOR. VIRTUALLY STOCK TO THE BONE NO MODIFICATIONS. NO OTHER MAJOR MAINTENANCE NEEDED JUST PUT GAS AND GO. SMOG CERTIFICATE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST ASKING $3500.00. WILL CONSIDER OFFERS AFTER YOU'VE ROAD TESTED VEHICLE . TRADES ARE WELCOME AS LONG AS ITS A FOUR DOOR MITSUBISHI. FAMILY GROWING NEED A FOUR DOOR CAR."

91 Eclipse GS for $2, 888
AD:
"1991 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE, GS, 4 cyl, at, ac, ps, pb, pw, pdl, pm, cc, tilt, am/fm cass, alloy whls, very clean, exc cond, won't last"

95 Eclipse for $3, 200
AD:
"1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE RS, green, AT, air conditioning, power steering, AM/FM cassette, very clean, smogged, must sell, $3200/OBO PRIVATE SELLER"

I dont know much about cars, and the guy I know that does know a shitload is in school, plus I wanted more opinions.
I am turning 18 in 2 months and am going to college, and need a car that can get me around (which, he says Eclipses are perfect cars, not too big, not too small, fast, good handling, etc) And I have... Like... No money to get a Porsche / BMW / whatever so dont say anything stupid like that. :-|
So, let me know which you think I should get. I wont get any car entirely based on the opinions here, but instead use them to help make my decision.
I think I should get the first one, but I'm not the car expert.
(And please, only post if you know what you're talking about when it comes to Mitsubishis)

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-10, 03:39 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Get a volvo. They are teh pwnt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kickyanads is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkickyanads is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kickyanads

Posted 2003-03-10, 03:44 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Get the one that increases your dick size and muscle girth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-03-10, 04:02 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Get a Ferrari F50 it's only $550,000 not to high.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-03-10, 04:10 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
badboy said:
Get a Ferrari F50 it's only $550,000 not to high.
God, I knew one idiot would come up with a comment like this, which was why I took counter-precautionaries, although I guess it doesnt get through to some people.

DaFrigginDoctah said:
And I have... Like... No money to get a Porsche / BMW / whatever so dont say anything stupid like that. :-|
(And please, only post if you know what you're talking about when it comes to Mitsubishis)

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-10, 05:03 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
You could get a nice Mustang for around $7000 , with cd player, air conditioner, removeable roof, etc . thats what im gonna get
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-03-10, 05:36 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
I hate Mustangs. The only one I would get is a GT500 / Salene. (GT500 was Elenor on Gone in Sixty Seconds)
Plus, my friend says they blow donkey balls. You're probably better off going with a Honda or Mitsubishi.
I was thinking of going with a Honda Civic Si Hatchback (either 91, 94, 95) a while ago, you can find them pretty damn cheap too. Or a supercharged Pontiac Grand Prix.
PS - 7k is about 2k out of my budget range. You're getting a better car for cheaper with an Eclipse my friend says.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-10, 10:27 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
I say the newer the car, the better. Of course, mileage is a huge factor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2003-03-11, 12:48 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Yes although if judging mileage as a major factor you gotta remember that some imports can go 3 times as many miles as american cars (ie Ford Mustangs).
And the newer the car the better isnt always true. They may have more features, maybe even look cooler but that doesnt mean it's better than a 90's car.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-11, 01:42 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Look on ebay, I've seen some great deals on there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-03-11, 12:44 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
1976 Ford Pinto staion wagon, great mileage and plenty of room to get laid in back
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-03-11, 12:56 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Pintos could be fast with some tuning... But fuck no.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-11, 01:18 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
get the 1st one on ur list
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-11, 11:19 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
who the fuck cares about how fast a car goes, unless u wanna race and be a dumbass. 3 of my friends have died from racing, and countless others are in jail/injured/paralyzed from doing shit like racing..

anyway, id go with an eclipse, tight ass cars, my sister got a shitty civic i think, like 1994, red, but its been workin for about 5 years, with only about 1 trip to the mechanic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-13, 02:24 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
DaFrigginDoctah said:
You're probably better off going with a Honda or Mitsubishi.
Your fucking kidding me right?

Oh and was your friends street racing or on legal drags? I got a '69 AMX that I race at the drags.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2003-03-13, 03:13 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
I would take a Honda or Mitsubishi any day over a Ford Mustang (Unless, again, it was a GT500)
And he street races. I dont know if he does "legal drags" or not but I can ask him next time I see him.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-14, 04:32 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
get a supra
C. M. Ngan
Aerospace Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LordZpider

Posted 2003-03-14, 04:37 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
LordZpider, a Toyota Supra is out of my budget range. If you would of bothered to read my post, I said the max I could go is about 5k, but preferably under that.
But yes, they are friggin awesome ass cars.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-14, 07:40 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
get a toyota tureno gt apex they look nice with a body kit on. And I would choose an old stang over a jap car hmm well actuly im not a hater or anything but i dont really have any prefrence jus not a civic or eclipse. too common. Ill probly get a jetta. White with blue tribal flames on it. My big bros friend does airbrushing =)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2003-03-14, 08:50 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Which car should I get?"
Trueno... That's what the guy from Initial-D (anime series) had. It's also called a Hachi-Roku isnt it? I will check into that. It rocked on the series. =P
I was / still am kinda looking into Jettas. Probably 94-ish.

Raziel said:
er er LOL

Last edited by DaFrigginDoctah; 2003-03-14 at 08:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah