Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2007-08-17, 06:37 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
Claymore ep. 20= They took random frames from chapters 54-56 then pulled a story out of their ass to tie them together. They even robbed me of my Claire vs. Flora sparring match.

It's almost like they had the manga author overseeing the first dozen episodes, then he stepped out and they decided to take the story in their own direction...

Last edited by WetWired; 2007-08-17 at 06:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-22, 06:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
Another horrible deviation from the original work this week. In the anime story, Hotdog's concerns apparently don't exist, as Raki watches Priscilla eat a man this week.

At least I can look forward to Clare's rampage next week. If they decide to write that out, I'm quitting the anime and not looking back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-22, 08:41 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Another horrible deviation from the..."
Is clare's rampage the one against the lion dude? I saw some picture of that on a wetsite once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-08-22, 10:41 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Is clare's rampage the one against the..."
Yes, fucking awesome. Yet, I bet they'll manage to fuck it up anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-05, 10:23 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yes, fucking awesome. Yet, I bet..."
This show started out so well but's turned to shit rather quickly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2007-09-05, 05:32 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "This show started out so well but's..."
I agree. What it looks like to me, is that they've decided to end the anime early vs the manga. The first half of the series followed the manga 90% phrase for phrase, the second half has a corellation factor of less than 25%, I think. If the first half excited you, I definately reccomend you pick up the manga; I don't read manga anymore, but for Claymore I make an exception.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-05, 07:22 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I agree. What it looks like to me, is..."
WetWired said:
I agree. What it looks like to me, is that they've decided to end the anime early vs the manga. The first half of the series followed the manga 90% phrase for phrase, the second half has a corellation factor of less than 25%, I think. If the first half excited you, I definately reccomend you pick up the manga; I don't read manga anymore, but for Claymore I make an exception.
There's no way it'll end at 26 is there??!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "There's no way it'll end at 26 is..."
I think it may
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-06, 03:25 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "There's no way it'll end at 26 is..."
This is japan, they can do it and most probably will.

I havn't read that far into the manga or seen the anime, but I can see everyone just walking into the sunset going on to their next mission or some equally cheesy shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-09-06, 06:04 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
Wow, anime Claire didn't need to awaken all four limbs to beat Rigald, but she took like twice as long...
Any case, just further evidence for my swift ending hypothosis. In the manga, Claire never gained full control of her movement using only her legs; she had to awaken her arms and use all four to control her movement. With full control of her limbs at lightning speeds, I think we can expect a real end within 3 episodes, especially since Isley and Priscilla are in town and it seems that the rest of the horde isn't coming back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-06, 06:20 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
Extra 3 translated by 10sigh is out. It's about Isley and Priscilla's first meeting. If Priscilla is as powerful in the anime, even anime Claire has no chance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-06, 07:57 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Extra 3 translated by 10sigh is out. ..."
Maybe Priscilla kills Clare and takes Raki as her man servant . I'm sure Raki will save Clare since Priscilla likes him and then clare or another claymore will lop off priscilla's head.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-08, 12:12 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Maybe Priscilla kills Clare and takes..."
If they somehow continued this series I would be amazed they would need a whole new storyline because it is so fucked up. And a lai style of fighting is worthless unless you can use the sword once its out thus Flora should get raped by someone and I don't care who.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-08, 01:00 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "If they somehow continued this series I..."
Flora's already dead. In both stories.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Flora's already dead. In both stories."
I just started reading the manga since no one subs the anime in english anymore and I like the manga better. So I am not that far in the manga but she looks shitty from this last chapter I read.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 07:42 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I just started reading the manga since..."
Eclipse is still delivering weekly Claymore.
http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/projects/claymore

Relative to where Flora is introduced: In the near future,
Claire and Flora duel. Their overall combat strength is roughly equal. Also, further in the future,
Claire picks up the wind cutter as her main attack when she goes undercover (i.e., no yoki release)

Last edited by WetWired; 2007-09-10 at 07:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Eclipse is still delivering weekly..."
Gotta get my post in before Grav bans me again since I just raped him with a quip.

Say what??? Why couldn't I find it on Veoh or YouLube yesterday its all spanish subbed eps...

Glad I can use torrents without some wierd P2P program like bitcomet now.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 10:19 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Gotta get my post in before Grav bans..."
What's wrong with BitComet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-11, 07:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What's wrong with BitComet?"
Nothing against bitcomet but I meant I don't like the whole people can DL shit from you while you DL it from them thing. I understand that it works even when you exit it so I prefer not to use those P2P things. They scare me a bit.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:41 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Nothing against bitcomet but I meant I..."
Not Bitcommet, or Bittorrent, or Azerus. The way that torrents work, others are downloading from you while you download from them. Only what you are explicitly downloading or seeding is available to others. Since this arrangement greatly increases the total upstream bandwidth for a given file or set of files, it results in cheaper (for the host of the work), faster downloads for an educated download population (you have to forward ports to enable others to request from you to get the maximum possible download, though even without forwarding, your client will try to establish outbound connections). In any case, I think if you read up on it and understood it, you wouldn't be against it. On the other hand, many other P2P systems aren't so clean...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired