Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2002-11-30, 07:36 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Rurouni Storm
Kenshin is somewhat similar to Ninja Scroll, but there's a lot of humour mixed in.

I assume you're looking for something darker, though. Hmm, try Noir. It's not a ninja type story, but it is quite dark and serious.
when you say kenshin your talking about samurai x right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-11-30, 08:29 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
there soudl be an anima-only channel, omg i would stop using the computer and everyhting, iw oudl be watching 24/7
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NOT-KR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNOT-KR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NOT-KR

Posted 2002-11-30, 10:23 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Quote:
Originally posted by NOT-KR
there soudl be an anima-only channel, omg i would stop using the computer and everyhting, iw oudl be watching 24/7
I don't know if I would be that drastic by anime is kew too kick back and watch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-11-30, 11:00 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Some of the original episodes are referred to as "Kenshin" and not "Samurai X". At least that's what I thought.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-12-01, 09:07 AM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
The Japanese name of the show is "Rurouni Kenshin". Yes, it's the same thing as Samurai X.

NOT-KR - Britain's suposed to get an all-anime channel soon. I'll have to see if it comes in on my satellite.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-01, 09:57 AM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
I have one of the movies and 4 episodes for Samurai X the show is good just not as "dark" as something I wanna see now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-12-01, 04:33 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Then look into Noir or Hellsing. Both are very dark and serious.

One's a story about trained killers, the other one about modern vampires.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-07, 11:43 AM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
HUNter x hunter
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
redcomet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenredcomet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

redcomet

Posted 2002-12-13, 06:48 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Saint Seiya
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-12-13, 06:50 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Dragon Ball Z.... I dont watch it anymore but its still a great anime series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-12-13, 07:51 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Knight-Rider said:
Saint Seiya
I haven't seen it. What's it about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-13, 08:43 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
hate Dragon Ball Z though. its always the same old predictable crap over and over again. bad guy come along for some dumb reasons to destory the world cause they have nothing better to do with their time, good guys loses, becomes tougher, kick the bad dudes ass, end of their life story. corny ass as hell and lack of storylines, unessisary queer gruntings. fells like that they're making it up as they go along. same with those Yu-Gi-Oh stuff.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-13, 09:12 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
you should watch Saint Seiya, it is theebst ever, the storyline is different from all the others , its not like you said.

i think one of the parts of saint seiya had like 109 episodes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-12-14, 01:16 AM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
TRY hunter x hunter
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
redcomet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenredcomet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

redcomet

Posted 2002-12-15, 07:52 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Kenshin,X,akira
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:38 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Strider Fury said:
hate Dragon Ball Z though. its always the same old predictable crap over and over again. bad guy come along for some dumb reasons to destory the world cause they have nothing better to do with their time, good guys loses, becomes tougher, kick the bad dudes ass, end of their life story. corny ass as hell and lack of storylines, unessisary queer gruntings. fells like that they're making it up as they go along. same with those Yu-Gi-Oh stuff.
I couldn't agree more, DBZ is hilariously bad...and poorly drawn. Rurouni Storm, you seem to know all the present anime, do know of a site that i could download them from? I'm a fan of every type of anime. Btw, those of you who like anime would probably also like Invader Zim, it isn't anime, but it is hilarious, and has great art by Jhonen Vasquez
The greatest communist rapper ever... www.Illmitch.com check it out, buy his shirt! P.S my avatar is INSANE!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MelchiaMH is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMelchiaMH is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MelchiaMH

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:46 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Well, I get fansubbed (subtitled) anime from P2P networks when I can't buy it locally.

And Zim is great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:49 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
I see, yeah I have Kazaa (lousy spyware piece of shit that it is), and ill go check out some of these animes, any well-dubbed ones out there?
The greatest communist rapper ever... www.Illmitch.com check it out, buy his shirt! P.S my avatar is INSANE!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MelchiaMH is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMelchiaMH is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MelchiaMH

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:52 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Not much chance of finding dubs, though Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Kenshin have great ones.

Dubs are illegal to distribute, so not many take the risk.

Also, get Kazaa Lite (search for it on google), the spyware free version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:58 PM in reply to Logic's post "Best Anime?"
Spyware free? Yippee! Xupiter and Cydoor are taking over my computer...I can't fight them much longer...And I didn't know dubs were illegal to distribute...why is that? Anyway, people on Kazaa distribute all kinds of shit, I'll find something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MelchiaMH