Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Posted 2012-04-22, 11:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "We had a game? When did we have a game?"
Long ago. I don't even remember what it was called. Mercurial?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-04-23, 12:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Long ago. I don't even remember what..."
Was it before I joined? Was it any good?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-29, 01:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I implemented some of the suggested..."
Nice, we're already popped up on page 3 for Gaming Forums. I'll have someone blast some links to help speed things up a bit when I get some time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-04-29, 02:01 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Nice, we're already popped up on page 3..."
Nice We're getting a bit more active, for instance, I just went to new posts and it wasn't all skurai.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-30, 09:32 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Nice :D We're getting a bit more..."
We need more content. allowing anonymous users is the only viable option at this point.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-04-30, 10:11 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "We need more content. allowing..."
Agreed, we could allow a few posts per IP address then require them to register. Like D3V said in another post, put captchas on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-30, 10:45 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Agreed, we could allow a few posts per..."
We did try guest posts once.

Shit loads of spam.

Turned them off.

Of course, if they can be coupled with a CAPTCHA and a daily post-limit by IP, they may work better.

Edit: 
I've just been going over a few threads in the Staff forum to find the ones about guest posting.

We decided in the beginning that CAPTCHAs and limits by IPs were a pain, because people wouldn't be able to quick sign-up and post - they'd have to wait for all the confirmation e-mails.

After a while, which just so happened to see a huge number of spam posts, it was decided that guest posting was to be stopped, as the vast majority of posts were spam, and we had a tiny ratio of people registering (something like 200:1).

Last edited by Lenny; 2012-04-30 at 11:00 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-04-30, 10:56 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We did try guest posts once. ..."
I was thinking an ever post limit by IP, so they can post like 10 times then they have to register.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-30, 01:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I was thinking an ever post limit by..."
You're missing the fundamental problem. Our problem isn't that guests come here and are too lazy to register. Our problem is that nobody comes here except for people who are already members and spambots. There are occasionally people playing in the arcade but even lately that is rare. On the off chance that we actually get a real guest, they are usually brought here because of some ancient RPGmaker thread or WC3 maphack thread. They are still going to have little to no interest in posting on the main forums, so if they could make guest posts they would just be digging up shitty old irrelevant threads.

Allowing guests to post is going to do nothing for activity, unless you consider a crapton of spam activity.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-04-30 at 01:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-01, 05:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You're missing the fundamental problem...."
In that case, I think we simply need to increase our placement on google for gaming forum. We have an interesting enough name that if someone sees it they are likely to click on it but these days being on the third page for a search means you'll never get clicked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-01, 01:39 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "In that case, I think we simply need to..."
Zelaron needs to turn into 4chan or 9gag to increase stats, IMO.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-05-01, 02:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Zelaron needs to turn into 4chan or..."
But we don't need that shit here too. Then we'll be oldfags, then Zelaron will produce too many memes, and then we'll get cancer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-05-01, 03:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Zelaron needs to turn into 4chan or..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Zelaron needs to turn into 4chan or 9gag to increase stats, IMO.
I take it you are volunteering to pay the team of moderators required to keep our host out of trouble? Because otherwise turning into 4chan will just get Zelaron taken down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-01, 07:57 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I take it you are volunteering to pay..."
Gameplay videos + URL Watermark + Youtube.

Got no time for it myself atm (maybe when d3 comes out ) but just throwing it out there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-05-01, 08:37 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Gameplay videos + URL Watermark +..."
So we should make gameplay videos like Machinima does?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-02, 11:22 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "So we should make gameplay videos like..."
Yep, alot of forums are doing gameplay and how-to videos.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-05-02, 11:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I take it you are volunteering to pay..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I take it you are volunteering to pay the team of moderators required to keep our host out of trouble? Because otherwise turning into 4chan will just get Zelaron taken down.
I'd do it for free.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-02, 11:57 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'd do it for free."
You probably aren't even old enough to legally view such things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-03, 07:48 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "Yep, alot of forums are doing gameplay..."
kaos said: [Goto]
Yep, alot of forums are doing gameplay and how-to videos.
If I had screen recording software and my computer wasn't complete crap I'd do it in a hear beat. But, sadly, I don't have a good computer or the proper programs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-03, 08:43 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If I had screen recording software and..."
I could probably do some gameplay videos, but I don't really want to. I mean, I wouldn't mind recording myself playing games, but narrating myself playing games doesn't sound like much fun and I don't have a radio voice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!