Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post building my computer
Posted 2003-07-15, 01:37 AM
hello, my name is deo, new to this forum...i hope i can learn alota things here...
well 4 years ago i built a comptuer with a abit motherboard, 800 mhz, 133fsb, 2x 15gig hd, 512 regular dimm ram.. after 4 years of wonderful time with my computer, some of the components of the motherboard melted...so i build a new computer, my 2nd computer....a 3.0 ghz soyo motherboard, intel pentium 800mhz bus speed...for some of you guys out there, which do you prefer?? 3.06ghz with 533mhz bus speed or 3.0ghz with 800mhz bus speed....??? i think either\or??? or is there such thing as 3.06 with 800 mhz bus speed???
well i bought with it a really nice case with plastic glass on the left side of the computer with 4 fans that light up, installed on the case....the power supply is 420w that has a glow on the bottom of the powersupply....64mb agp nvidia card that went bad on me....the computer just wouldn't go to normal mode, just on safe mode...if i removed the driver, and put it to 16 colors, it would go to normal mode, even on a newly installed operating system....anyone out there heard of that type of problem before?? i gave the card to the manufacturer for diagnosis, never heard from them yet...so right now i am running an ati radeon7000 32mg ddr ram pci card..works great!!!! it looks like this forum likes ati better than nvidia....i think the opposite...i hear that ati is not really reliable and often goes bad ....remember i heard this, not much experience yet.....but to my experience, you guys are right...ati is better, the only thing i don't like is when you install the ati driver, it puts something to the taskbar....i really don't like anything on my task bar...i had to delete lines from registry and some lines from system.ini to remove it from the taskbar.....on the other hand, nvidia, you have the option to install the base driver....the idea of nvidia is better turned around when i started having problems with it...
the computer has a dvd rom and a hp cd writer 9100 series...i plan to get a dvd writer...i saw on a computer convention a pioneer dvd writer for 175....its getting cheaper!!!!
after building this computer....i remembered that i had warranty on the abit motherboard, so they replaced it with a 800mhz soyo mother board.....sweeeet...i have 2 computers now...thats my point in all of this.....warranty is important....i got a new computer just because i paid 43 bucks for warranty..before the abit motherboard went out the sound had problems, now all that changed because warranty....
reply to this thread if anything comes up to mind..
i do not kill because i do not fear...master mold...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
deo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendeo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

deo

Posted 2003-07-15, 02:25 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
It seems everyone that builds a new computer, buys that case, lol. Sry cant help you. I'm a noob at figuring out problems in hardware.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-15, 09:57 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
nice one fag let's go foo %$@#!%^@^!
get's some grub aaaaaarp
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-15, 09:59 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Get the 3.0ghz with the 800mhz FSB (front speed bus). (But it's expensive! $366 minimum, whereas a 2.8ghz 800FBS P4c is $247 minimum! More than $100 difference for an amount that could be easily overclocked!)

If you want a good videocard for about $200, get the Radeon 9600 Pro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-07-15, 10:08 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
deo said:
hello, my name is deo, new to this forum...i hope i can learn alota things here...
so they replaced it with a 800mhz soyo mother board.....sweeeet...i have 2 computers

fag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-15, 10:19 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Go away.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-07-15, 12:03 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
who
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-07-15, 04:03 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
that foo deo can hack into your refrigorator a !!!!!!, freakin computer guy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-15, 05:07 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Intel sucks... You could buy an athlon 2700 for about 90 bucks and overclock it to the same speed as a 3 ghz intel (athlon 2700 = 2700mhz intel). Who needs more than a 400mhz FSB?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-15, 06:15 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Hey J_ice...
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-15, 08:53 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Xenn said:
Intel sucks... You could buy an athlon 2700 for about 90 bucks and overclock it to the same speed as a 3 ghz intel (athlon 2700 = 2700mhz intel). Who needs more than a 400mhz FSB?
i too prefer AMD. I just ordered a new computer from http://cyberpowersystem.com :

AMD 2800+
512 MB PC2700 DDR
80 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Abit NF7-S motherboard
Generic 16x DVD and 52x24x52 Burner

ya like?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2003-07-15, 11:50 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
here is the motherboard i bought
http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=233
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
deo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendeo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

deo

Posted 2003-07-16, 12:11 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
i don't play around with overclocking too much, unless i have a mini refrigerator in my computer like the one made my kryotech
http://www4.tomshardware.com/cpu/199...yotech-01.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

deo

Posted 2003-07-16, 10:08 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
mightychicken said:
Xenn said:
i too prefer AMD. I just ordered a new computer from http://cyberpowersystem.com :

AMD 2800+
512 MB PC2700 DDR
80 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Abit NF7-S motherboard
Generic 16x DVD and 52x24x52 Burner

ya like?
how much for the dvd writer??? i needs to get one of those a
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-16, 10:41 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
no, no, it's just a DVD rom drive. and a separate CD-RW drive. it was 35 dollars for the DVD drive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2003-07-16, 10:57 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
oh i see, but you should also be thinking of adding a dvd writer because everything will be based on it i bet!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-16, 11:17 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Looks good mightychicken, I just hope you got a good price.

Oh btw the 9600 has huge overclocking potential, you could probably turn it into a 9700 if you felt like it (assuming your case has decent airflow)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-16, 11:28 AM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
look at that guy on the top , deo has 4 fans !! all i have is one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-18, 04:21 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
Mightychicken, that looks like a great place to order a computer. Their prices are so much lower. Please tell me how yours is when you get it, I might be getting my dad a new computer for his birthday, and he wants to play all the latest games, so that looks like the place to order.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-18, 05:52 PM in reply to deo's post "building my computer"
The best place is www.newegg.com, they give free express shipping (called fedex saver) on a lot of stuff, and have low prices. Video cards are pretty much the only thing they don't have the lowest prices on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn