Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Error 1646 - Crashes Game!
Posted 2009-01-25, 12:57 PM
So I was cleaning out my closet, so to speak, last week, and I stumbled across Diablo II. I figured I was bored and I decided to install it on my laptop and mess around. Well, I was making a Paladin, when all the sudden the game crashes, and I get an Error 1646, something about an internal error, blah blah blah. Well, I now can't play anymore because that keeps happening. I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it, and it worked for like 15-20 minutes, then BAM! It started happening again.

I was checking on Google to see what the problem is, and it seems like a relatively common problem, but I don't really understand computer lingo, so I can't figure out what they're talking about when people try explaining how to fix it? I heard it has something to do with the .mpq files being corrupt, and I need to save over the file directly from the Install disc, but I can't figure out how to do it?

Anyone have this problem before, and if so, can you give a lamen a description on how to fix it??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-25, 02:27 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Error 1646 - Crashes Game!"
Try copying all .mpq files from the game CDs into the Diablo II directory?

If the original MPQ files on the CDs are corrupted, I suppose you would be better off visiting the Blizzard online store. Once there, enter your CD keys and download the game installers for free. That is, if you can spare about 2 GB of bandwidth.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-01-25 at 02:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-01-25, 04:43 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Error 1646 - Crashes Game!"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2009-01-25, 05:32 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Hmmm, alright, thanks. I will certainly try this out. Maybe I shouldn't because I don't want to get readdicted to this game, but I know I'll end up doing it anyway...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-27, 03:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hmmm, alright, thanks. I will..."
Ugh, I'm not getting that error anymore (Thanks!), but now my games keep crashing every 2 minutes or so after I join a game...... I just get the "Your Connection Has Been Interrupted" message, over and over again. Any ideas on what could be happening now? I'm just going to not play for a day or so and hope it goes away. Is this being ignorant of another problem, or hopeful it may work and there is a glitch with BNet and my account?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-27, 04:44 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Ugh, I'm not getting that error anymore..."
Are you running more than one copy at a time? Could it be your firewall causing your connection to time out? What type of internet service do you have?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-28, 02:48 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Are you running more than one copy at a..."
I have Comcast. How can I check to see if my firewall is blocking my connection? Prior to this starting to happen, I was playing for a few hours without a problem?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-28, 11:31 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I have Comcast. How can I check to see..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2009-01-28, 11:58 AM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Being that you were playing for a few hours it's most likely not your firewall. You might need to forward some ports on your router though, check out this link:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...l=true?rhtml=y
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-30, 08:28 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Being that you were playing for a few..."
It's actually working pretty decent now. I just did the full install so I don't need the disc's anymore, and it's been working pretty good now. No problems for a day or two now. I'm making a Zealot and he gets his ass kicked. LOL...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-30, 08:56 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "It's actually working pretty decent..."
Haha that's good to hear! What's your account name?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-30, 10:16 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Haha that's good to hear! What's your..."
Titusfied, very original, I know!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied