Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Pendulum - Drum and Bass meets Rock
Posted 2008-08-06, 02:42 PM
Anyone else a Pendulum fan? I'm an Indie nutter, but I can't get enough of Pendulum (an Aussie band which seems to be based in England), and their recent cover of Coldplay's Violet Hill in Radio 1's Live Lounge has cemented them as a truly great band in my mind.

Their best known is probably Slam from their first album, Hold Your Colour, and Tarantula (I didn't know it was Pendulum until I heard it on the Motorstorm 2 teaser trailer, and looked it up).

Slam
BORKED

Then there's Blood Sugar which, with Axle Grinder, was added to the re-release of Hold Your Colour.

From their new album, In Silico (which has a completely different sound to their first), are two singles: Propane Nightmares and The Other Side. Those two, along with Mutiny, are, in my mind, the three best tracks on the album, closely followed by Granite and then everything else!

The Other Side
BORKED

Finally, is the one I mentioned at the start of the post - their cover of Violet Hill. If you've heard the song at all, or had it forced down your throat by radio stations that overplay it, you'll love the cover. It takes an awful, bleak song, and makes it fantastic.

Violet Hill Cover
BORKED

EDIT: As a point of reference, here's the Coldplay original. Eugh.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-09-01 at 02:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-06, 04:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Pendulum - Drum and Bass meets Rock"
never herd of them
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-01, 02:26 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Pendulum - Drum and Bass meets Rock"
Bumpage.

Pendulum have a DJ set at my University Freshers' Do at the end of October. I'm so there!

I'm in the process of updating the first post with videos so the lazy people can view them without having to leave Zelaron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny