Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2008-05-11, 04:13 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "No. A tornado formed over water is not..."
Well the point is that Myanmar got hit by a tornado (I don't fucking care if it was land based or water based). And WKFF is right, a tornado started in the water is called a water spout in the states.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-12, 07:56 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "No. A tornado formed over water is not..."
Why are you guys even arguing? You all are forgetting to mention Typhoons, which are the Hurricanes over there. You are all right and wrong. Cyclones by definition are anything that spins for the most part, but nobody refers to Tornadoes as Cyclones, hardly ever. Cyclones are only used over in the dead sea area where the one had just hit Myanmar. Cyclones, Typhoons and Hurricanes are all essentially the same things. They all form over water, all have destructive winds and all form and maintain shape in a swirling motion.

Basically, everyone just STFU.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-12, 07:56 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Well the point is that Myanmar got hit..."
Wallow said:
Well the point is that Myanmar got hit by a tornado (I don't fucking care if it was land based or water based). And WKFF is right, a tornado started in the water is called a water spout in the states.
No, it did not get hit by a tornado, it got hit by a cyclone.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-13, 11:06 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "No, it did not get hit by a tornado, it..."
I'm glad to see that Burma is actually allowing some U.S. aid efforts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-13, 12:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Why are you guys even arguing? You all..."
D3V said:
Why are you guys even arguing? You all are forgetting to mention Typhoons, which are the Hurricanes over there. You are all right and wrong. Cyclones by definition are anything that spins for the most part, but nobody refers to Tornadoes as Cyclones, hardly ever. Cyclones are only used over in the dead sea area where the one had just hit Myanmar. Cyclones, Typhoons and Hurricanes are all essentially the same things. They all form over water, all have destructive winds and all form and maintain shape in a swirling motion.

Basically, everyone just STFU.
Open wide WKFF.
Much like a rectangle is a square, while a square is not a rectangle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-13, 01:38 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Open wide WKFF. Much like a rectangle..."
Again, you need to lay off the drugs. You do not make any sense.

Also, technically, Myanmar was most likely hit by things defined as "tornadoes." Hurricanes, typhoons, or what the hell ever you want to call it often times spawn many tornadoes. Also, by most accounts it was a "Cyclone" that hit Myanmar. That's what all the experts are calling it, and is a more south pacific/australian term for hurricanes, cyclones, typhoons, or what have you. There's at least three main terms for the same storm. "Typhoon" is more used in the West Pacific area by say, the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. At least that's what people normally call it over there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-13, 01:41 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Again, you need to lay off the drugs. ..."
Remember playing Diablo 2 as a druid, and that skill Cyclone? You cast it and it spawns off little tornadoes along with the main structual storm.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-13, 01:44 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Again, you need to lay off the drugs. ..."
When did a cyclone become the same thing as a hurricane? If you look online it says cyclones by definition are another term for tornadoes. Typhoons and hurricanes are two different types of hurricanes that occur in different parts of the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-13, 01:45 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "When did a cyclone become the same..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone

Case closed!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-13, 01:49 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone ..."
Curse Wikipedia. I'm tempted to go and edit that info, not that it won't get changed back by some hairy hoochimama in the next second.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-13, 01:53 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Curse Wikipedia. I'm tempted to go and..."
Who cares what it is. They said most of the damage and deaths were caused from the storm surge anyways. Then again, Hurricanes spawn just as many tornadoes as cyclones do, so IDK WTF the big deal is.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V