Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Of the consoles listed below, what is your favorite?
NES 1 7.69%
SNES 6 46.15%
N64 1 7.69%
Sega Genesis 1 7.69%
Sega Dreamcast 1 7.69%
PSX 3 23.08%
Atari 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

What is your favorite old school console?
Posted 2013-01-24, 09:19 PM
My favorite is the SNES.

*Note: Not all old school consoles were included in this installment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-01-24, 09:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "What is your favorite old school..."
My next door neighbor had a Dreamcast. I loved playing games on it. I remember playing a game called... I think it was Rush 2030.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2013-01-25, 06:00 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "My next door neighbor had a Dreamcast...."
The best game that was ever released on the Dreamcast was a game called Evolution
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2013-01-25, 08:12 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "The best game that was ever released on..."
We also played Soul Caliber a lot. Though I remember not being allowed to play that till I was like 12.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2013-01-25, 11:53 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "We also played Soul Caliber a lot...."
My answer is probably already known to about half of you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-01-25, 04:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "My answer is probably already known to..."
I've been playing MK3, Street Fighter II Turbo, and NBA Jam. It's a nice change from Diablo 3 and Halo 4.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-01-26, 12:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I've been playing MK3, Street Fighter..."
I never got to experience anything other than Super Mario Bros. and SMBs3 on the NES. Later, I had Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Earthworm Jim for Sega Genesis, and finally, my PSX, which holds many games and memories for me. So I'll have to go with PSX. I suppose being the youngest here /will/ give me that right, though.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2013-01-26, 07:33 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "What is your favorite old school..."
Might I point out that the "PSX" was actually a DVR that also played PS1 and PS2 games. The original PlayStation was abbreviated as "PS" (or "PS1" when it became clear that there would be more).

My first console was a PlayStation, at Christmas 1998 (I think it was then - came with the original Spyro the Dragon, and I can remember buying the second when it came out in 1999). As such, I never actually played on other consoles. Got a PS2 around 2002, then a PS3 on the EU launch day. The first console I played on that wasn't part of the PlayStation family was an Xbox 360 at a friend's in the run up to the PS3 launch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2013-01-26, 10:11 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Might I point out that the "PSX" was..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Might I point out that the "PSX" was actually a DVR that also played PS1 and PS2 games. The original PlayStation was abbreviated as "PS" (or "PS1" when it became clear that there would be more).
Well excuse me, then. I was never informed of such a thing, or it's existence. It's going to be awkward abbreviating it as PS, now.
My first PS game was A Bug's Life, followed by a demo disc that had Tomba, Gex 2, Tekken 3, and some other games on it. That one really broadened my horizons, I think. Basically a game or two of every genre, other than RPG.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2013-01-26, 10:27 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well excuse me, then. I was never..."
SNES: Too many games to list.
N64: Super Mario 64, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Bros. were the main ones I've played. There's alot more I should've though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2013-01-26, 10:38 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well excuse me, then. I was never..."
Douchebag, whose post did I reply to? Untwist your panties.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2013-01-26, 11:14 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Douchebag, whose post did I reply to?..."
Thanks for the clarification Lenny. I was referring to the PS/PS1 in this case. Feel free to change the poll if you so desire.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-01-26, 06:48 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Thanks for the clarification Lenny. I..."
The PlayStation (Japanese: プレイステーション Hepburn: Pureisutēshon?, officially abbreviated as PS; sometimes referred to as PS1, or unofficially as the PSX[10])
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-01-28, 11:35 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Douchebag, whose post did I reply to?..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Douchebag, whose post did I reply to? Untwist your panties.
Well, I said PSX, too, so it still kinda applied to me. ;_;
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2013-01-28, 12:18 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, I said PSX, too, so it still..."
It's a stupid point for Lenny to make anyway. PSX is more commonly used to describe the PS1 than it is to describe the obscure device he's talking about. While it may not technically be correct, it is colloquially correct and should be properly understood by whoever the information is being communicated to. If someone were actually talking about the PSX device that Lenny referred to, it would likely make perfect sense in the context. In this context, PSX makes perfect sense for referring to the PS1.

tl;dr: Lenny is being a dick
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-01-28, 08:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's a stupid point for Lenny to make..."
It's kind of weird how K_A comes to my rescue a lot of the time. My knight is shinning armor <3
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2013-01-29, 11:05 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "It's kind of weird how K_A comes to my..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2013-01-29, 06:14 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "http://puu.sh/1UtIH.png"
I got a power cord for my NES today; been playing Contra nonstop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-02-08, 12:49 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I got a power cord for my NES today;..."
I'm very surprised to find my Pokemon Red still works, but my Silver does not...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2013-02-21, 07:10 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'm very surprised to find my Pokemon..."
No love for the NES or the N64. I mean the NES arguably revived console/at home gaming. The N64 was also pretty revolutionary for its transition of mainstream gaming to 3D. Both had a pretty large compliment of great games as well.

I ultimately have to say the NES:

SMB 1 & 3, Punch Out, Track and Field, TMNT 1 & 3, Castlevania I,II, & III, Zelda I & II, BattleToads, River City Ransom, Megaman 1-6, Ninja Gaiden I, II, & III, Metroid, Double Dragon I & II, Contra/Super C, Bionic Commando, Final Fantasy I, II, and III.....

Feel free to add more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM