Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2012-01-05, 04:21 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Easy A I enjoy the John Hughes..."
"Beavis and Butt-Head Do America"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-01-05, 04:32 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting ""Beavis and Butt-Head Do..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
"Beavis and Butt-Head Do America"
I own (and fucking love) that movie.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-01-06, 09:41 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I own (and fucking love) that movie."
Grown Ups
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2012-01-07, 05:50 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Grown Ups"
Went to see the Hollywood version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night. I saw the original Swedish version a year or so back, and I think I prefer this new one - it's better paced and better filmed (though there are a number of scenes which might as well be shot-for-shot remakes of scenes in the Swedish version) and the fact that it's in English, so has no need for the painfully badly-written subtitles, helps. I don't think it's quite as graphic as the Swedish version, though.

Whether you've read the books or not, or if you've seen the Swedish film, I'd recommend this to anyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-01-07, 11:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Went to see the Hollywood version of..."
Lenny, have you seen Let the Rright one in or let me in. I found it a perfect blend of fucked up and awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-07, 11:55 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Lenny, have you seen Let the Rright one..."
That's the one that was released in English as Let Me In? If so, I have a copy on a hard drive back at Uni, but I've yet to get around to watching it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-01-07, 05:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "That's the one that was released in..."
Two different movies. Let the right one in is the Swedish version . Let me in is the US version starting Dakota fanning
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-07, 05:38 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Two different movies. Let the right..."
The Departed

One of my favorites.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2012-01-07, 05:40 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Two different movies. Let the right..."
Chloe Moretz, actually. Point taken, though - I'll have a lookee for the original.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2012-01-07, 06:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Chloe Moretz, actually. ;) Point taken,..."
Karas (movie version).
It was pretty weird, but cool.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-01-07, 07:09 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Karas (movie version). It was pretty..."
step brothers here ... funny movie
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2012-01-08, 10:14 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Chloe Moretz, actually. ;) Point taken,..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Chloe Moretz, actually. Point taken, though - I'll have a lookee for the original.
Ah fuck they all look the same.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-12, 12:44 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Ah fuck they all look the same."
I watched a pretty cool psychological horror movie called "Pontypool".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-01-12, 03:23 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I watched a pretty cool psychological..."
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Disappointing waste of time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-12, 05:01 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya ..."
Indiana Jones And the Raiders of the Lost Arc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-01-12, 05:10 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Indiana Jones And the Raiders of the..."
Ah, the well known mid-90s educational video in which Indy "Indices" Jones, the famed Mathematician/Explorer, must venture into the depths of the jungle to discover the secrets of geometry in the hope it will help him against the Nazis! One of my favourites.

---

I watched Contagion a few days ago. It wasn't particularly spectacular, but I think the way it depicted the spread of a nasty virus, right from the very first person, was good, and Jude Law's use of social media to which a wide audience as a snake oil merchant was done well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2012-01-12, 10:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah, the well known mid-90s educational..."
American Gangster

A masterpiece.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven