Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Gas report!
Posted 2005-08-30, 03:33 PM
Okay, it's not 100% for sure, because gas prices fluctuate constantly. But the projected range on gas prices (here at least, may be more or less in other places) is $4 a gallon. Just a heads up to go get gas while it may be still cheap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-08-30, 04:00 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Gas report!"
KagomJack said:
Okay, it's not 100% for sure, because gas prices fluctuate constantly. But the projected range on gas prices (here at least, may be more or less in other places) is $4 a gallon. Just a heads up to go get gas while it may be still cheap.
If you can call gas nowadays cheap. Damnit, I want an Electric car.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-08-30, 04:02 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "If you can call gas nowadays cheap...."
sue_13 said:
If you can call gas nowadays cheap. Damnit, I want an Electric car.
Comparing 1.79 a gallon to 4.00 a gallon, yeah, gas is cheap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-08-30, 04:42 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Comparing 1.79 a gallon to 4.00 a..."
We already have it at $4.01 a gallon here in Canada... And it will only be going up with the hurricane.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-08-30, 06:05 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "We already have it at $4.01 a gallon..."
Premium ULP gas here is $1.13-$1.26 AUS Per litre...

<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-08-30, 06:09 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "Premium ULP gas here is $1.13-$1.26 AUS..."
PureRebel said:
Premium ULP gas here is $1.13-$1.26 AUS Per litre...

<3
That may as well be in Russian to me cause I have no idea what that equates to here in the states. It doesn't help that i'm just to lazy to look it up too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-08-30, 07:39 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "That may as well be in Russian to me..."
About 3.78 liters = 1 gallon. In doing the math, it comes to $4.27 - $4.76 AUS, whatever that comes to in US Currency.

Gas is fucking isane. One of my friends said she put a few gallons in one town for $2.53/g this morning, and then when she gave me a ride home, I saw signs for $2.81/g and up when she was going to fill up. Fucking insane to jack prices up like that in one day, and they are only going to rise. I was just about to make a thread about gas prices moving up. By the way, this is for the cheap stuff. People are lucky if they have engines that can handle E-85, because that's $2.00/g here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-08-30, 07:41 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "About 3.78 liters = 1 gallon. In doing..."
My car only takes premium and its 3.09 here (cheapest. Up to 3.11). I only have to fill up every 1.5 weeks or so. Not that bad for me.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2005-08-30 at 07:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-08-30, 07:45 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My car only takes premium and its 3.09..."
I'm just thinking that it's quite expensive to fully fill up an SUV or a van. My dad has to commute everyday to a city 30 miles away, 5 days a week. that's 300 miles a week on that alone, not including when he goes to the cities (Minneapolis/St Paul, ~90 miles away) or goes to other cities for stuff. One tank of gas for a Toyota Sienna usually takes ~$50 to fill it full.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-08-30, 08:34 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'm just thinking that it's quite..."
Fuck America. Fuck President Bush. Fuck this hurricane. Fuck using the hurricane for an excuse to raise gas prices.

Armageddon is upon us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-08-30, 09:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Fuck America. Fuck President Bush. Fuck..."
Kind of sucks that the offshore platforms kind of floated away...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-08-30, 09:58 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Kind of sucks that the offshore..."
I just found a station that had for still 2.98 ^.^

$48.25

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-08-30, 10:02 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I just found a station that had for..."
What's funny is the number of Oil contractors from the States over there, and us not seeing any cheaper gas. The thing is, they go over there and whore it for their own profits, our government is not taking any of the oil. I mean if were going to be over there, we might as well just go ahead and get some oil for ourselves, they have like 14 trillion dollars worth in reserves there, jesus..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2005-08-31, 02:30 AM in reply to Afroman's post starting "What's funny is the number of Oil..."
I don't know if this is true, but I heard on the news last night that they're expecting the prices to hit around $7 a gallon in some places.

Edit: 
That now seems to be the case for our petrol if the prices were in USD/US Gallon rather than GBP/litre.

Over here unleaded petrol is now around 90p per litre. Used to be 68p per litre.

So: £0.90/litre * 3.78 = £3.40/US Gallon.

£3.40 = $6

You think you guys have it tough?! Come live over here! Look at what we pay for one US Gallon of petrol!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-31, 07:57 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't know if this is true, but I..."
Who the fuck says petrol!?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-08-31, 09:01 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Who the fuck says petrol!?!"
Penny_Bags said:
Who the fuck says petrol!?!
Fucking British people you useless fucking turd.

Ya, I remember I payed for gas off post once at a German gas station. That cost 50 euro... that's about 70 bucks, and we didn't even fill it up all the way. We're not used to those high gas prices, though Lenny... we're America.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-31, 10:08 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't know if this is true, but I..."
I think about a week or so ago, Amsterdam had one of the highest gas prices in the whole world. Right now it's about $6 a gallon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-31, 01:13 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My car only takes premium and its 3.09..."
Sov you know there is no difference between premium and standard really. You can use standard and its not going to reduce the life of your car at all. It just a ploy to get more money out of people. Im not kidding either, this isnt some "government consipiracy theory".
My gas is a 2.50$
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-31, 02:38 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Sov you know there is no difference..."
There is a different level of octanes in the fuel, that's where the price change is from.

And yeah, this is America. We're not some shitty european country, we're america. The world dominators, we import like 10x as much fuel as the rest of the world combined, we need a discount. ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2005-08-31, 03:36 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "There is a different level of octanes..."
In Toronto, gas prices are now at:

$1.20 per litre.

OR

Approximately: $4.54 per gallon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin