Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you rather...
Make lots of money 12 66.67%
Help people 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Would you rather...
Posted 2008-11-23, 02:02 AM
Be honest now peoples.

Last edited by Xenn; 2008-11-23 at 02:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-11-23, 02:21 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
Help people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-23, 07:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Help people."
I don't know if I would want to do either... I don't mind helping a person here and there but, to make a life out of it... man idk. I could careless about how much money I have in the bank, more that I am happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-11-23, 08:47 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
Help people. Hey Xenn, I still don't know how to make a poll, can you tell me how?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-11-23, 10:00 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
Make lots of money. You can do anything with lots of money, including helping people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-23, 10:07 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
The two aren't mutually exclusive
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-23, 10:42 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
I enjoy helping people. Volunteering is fulfilling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-23, 05:51 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
Make lots of money.

Helping a person is good, and is a pleasant alternative to everyday life if done infrequently, but I just couldn't stand doing it all the time - it's just not me. I help my community by staying in my room all the time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-23, 10:29 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Make lots of money. You can do anything..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Make lots of money. You can do anything with lots of money, including helping people.
OR make lots of money and rub it in the face of all the pricks you had to deal with growing up!

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-11-23, 10:36 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Make lots of money. You can do anything..."
My thought process exactly. If your end goal is to help a lot of people, then why not shoot for making a lot of money?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-24, 12:43 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
Make lots 'o money. That's my only answer. I could care less about a lot of people. Oh, and...

Tyrannicide said:
...make lots of money and rub it in the face of all the pricks you had to deal with growing up!
That too.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-11-24, 08:44 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Make lots 'o money. That's my only..."
Lol, GLG you're a vindictive bastard aren't ya? :P I'd make lots of money, and help those I feel are worthy. If I was super rich, I'd give academic scholarships students I liked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-11-24, 08:50 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Make lots of money. You can do anything..."
^---------

That and you can have some fun yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-11-24, 09:38 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "^--------- That and you can have..."
Make lots of money, then help people later with teh ca$h.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-11-24, 09:55 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Make lots of money, then help people..."
Honestly, how many people out there with lots of cash actually help people?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-24, 10:22 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Honestly, how many people out there..."
There are many ways to give back to the community. Donating to charities is only one way.

If I had a shitload of money I'd start my own computer consultant firm and create jobs for thousands of people. That's helping people, right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-24, 11:13 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Honestly, how many people out there..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
Honestly, how many people out there with lots of cash actually help people?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_an...tes_Foundation

Quote:
As of 2006[update], the foundation has an endowment of approximately US$34.6 billion. To maintain its status as a charitable foundation, it must donate at least 5% of its assets each year.[13] Thus the donations from the foundation each year would amount to over US$1.5 billion at a minimum.
Quote:
If I had a shitload of money I'd start my own computer consultant firm and create jobs for thousands of people. That's helping people, right?
At this day and age yes. But really, no.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-24, 11:30 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Would you rather..."
It's not really a fair vote, because as Grav said, the two are not mutually exclusive.

That aside, I would rather make lots of money, and in turn would help people with that, whether it be jobs, food, and cold hard cash. Plus, if I made lots of money, I could retire early and go around helping people out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-11-24, 11:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "It's not really a fair vote, because as..."
I really do admire Angelina Jolie, though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-27, 08:17 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I really do admire Angelina Jolie,..."
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...merican-Givers Check that out. Rich people, and how much they've given away.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy