Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

What state is your keyboard in?
Posted 2004-10-14, 09:39 PM
Mine is proably the most abused piece of shit ever. The keys offer NO resistance anymore, I can barely feel if I'm pressing them. Left Ctrl, Left Windows Key, and Right Shift are missing (they got in the way of FPSing.) I've got about 3 years of crud buildup here.. I could probably kill a few people by pouring this shit on them. And uh.. my caps lock light doesn't work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-14, 09:41 PM in reply to Grav's post "What state is your keyboard in?"
mine is ummm normal? perhaps some dust on it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-14, 09:41 PM in reply to Grav's post "What state is your keyboard in?"
Not too bad, but there's a ton of sweat built up on it, and i should probably take a toothpick to the shit underneat the keys again.

My mousepad on the other hand is damn near worn completely through.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Ive had mine for 4 years, and its still in prime condition. The numlock light doesn't always turn off when I tell it to, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-10-14, 09:41 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Not too bad, but there's a ton of sweat..."
A good old keyboard is like a nice, worn in baseball glove; there's no comparison to a new one.

I didn't even bother mentioning the mousepad, because it's basically a dust ball now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-14, 09:48 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "A good old keyboard is like a nice,..."
GravitonSurge said:
A good old keyboard is like a nice, worn in baseball glove; there's no comparison to a new one.

I didn't even bother mentioning the mousepad, because it's basically a dust ball now.
Yea, that's like mine. I'm real used to my keyboard. Just a normal keyboard, I guess, with some dust.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-10-14, 10:22 PM in reply to Grav's post "What state is your keyboard in?"
Atached to my laptop. A little worn out but still works great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-14, 11:57 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Atached to my laptop. A little worn..."
I killed 3. I had bought a Wireless Keyboard and mouse combination last year at the computer expo. Well last month i spilled Mountain Dew all over the KB. I was pissed. So, i had to go to walmart (only thing open at 3am) and buy some cheap ass 9.99 one. I was just happy to have one again, and it was black.

Either way, just the other day, I was talking to someone on AIM, and they said something that made me laugh. When i laughed I turned my hand and knocked over Mountain Dew all over this 9.99 KB I bought. I dried the KB, and it seem to work fine. Needless to say, 30 mins later. My shift key was now typing 3's.

So, i took the keyboard apart and see if i can fix it. I cleaned every single key on the board. Sttill didn't help. I happened to save the old wireless i killed, and oddly enought, it started to work again. Untill I woke up to find Mountain Dew all over it again!!!!!!!!!. This timed it died for good.

So i had to go back to walmart, and buy another POS 9.99 KB. The only problem is. Its fucking white, and my whole desk theme is black and sliver. All well. No luck with mountain dew and keyboards. (takes a sip of mountain dew).

Sorry, just was in the mood to share.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-10-15, 12:07 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I killed 3. I had bought a Wireless..."
I've spit Mountain Dew all over the monitors at work a few times. Actually, that happened about three times in two days. Fucking Grav and his comedy.

Oh, and my keyboard is in Wyoming at the moment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-15, 01:02 AM in reply to Grav's post "What state is your keyboard in?"
My first keyboard met its fait when i spilled juce all over it.
My second keyboard met its fait when i spilt pop on it.
My Third keyboad met its fait when i broke it in two cues of lag
(yea im a damn freakout and a loser lol )
My Forth keyboard met its fait when my Tower tiped over and tore the keyboard plug out of the back. and broke it.
My Fifth keybored. well.. its still here. its missing the left windows key.
and the "E" sometimes stops working. uhh... its pritty clean. (i clean it cues i dont like the little crusties and hair.. yes hair.. under the keys)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2004-10-15, 04:52 AM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "My first keyboard met its fait when i..."
Kidagakash said:
My first keyboard met its fait when i spilled juce all over it.
My second keyboard met its fait when i spilt pop on it.
My Third keyboad met its fait when i broke it in two cues of lag
(yea im a damn freakout and a loser lol )
My Forth keyboard met its fait when my Tower tiped over and tore the keyboard plug out of the back. and broke it.
My Fifth keybored. well.. its still here. its missing the left windows key.
and the "E" sometimes stops working. uhh... its pritty clean. (i clean it cues i dont like the little crusties and hair.. yes hair.. under the keys)
What are you, retarded?

Anyway, most of my keyboards break when I get angry and smash them. Luckily, I've got about 10 backup keyboards in my closet. I'm not kidding either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-15, 07:45 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I killed 3. I had bought a Wireless..."
Maybe you should set the Mountain Dew away from your keyboard. Just some advice, skipper.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-10-15, 08:20 AM in reply to Grav's post "What state is your keyboard in?"
I have a Microsoft Natural (non-elite, yay!) Keyboard. Since it's the old, non-elite version, it has the normal cursor key arrangement instead of the fucked up bullshit that they came up with and release in the Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard. The frame is pretty dirty, and so are most of the keys. Two days ago, I removed and cleaned all my Fn keys and the left half of the typewriter keys, so it looks kind of strange, 'cause the frame and over half the keys are a dingy gray, and the rest of the keys are all bright and shit. My home computer keyboard recently got replaced because the connector got pulled out of the plug. It was an old Mouse Systems AT connector keyboard, and the only plain 104 key keyboard I could find to replace it has a BS L shaped enter key, with a short backspace and the \ key to its left. Somewhere, I still have a working IBM XT keyboard, you know, the ones where you could hear the typing across the room because the springs clicked every time you hit a key?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-10-15, 08:29 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I have a Microsoft Natural (non-elite,..."
About 2 years ago I was using an old IBM keyboard like that one. Talk about quality, keyboards made back in the 80's were the shit. That thing weighed a ton, all metal construction inside, not that plastic shit we use today. It was my favorite keyboard of all time.

That is of course, until I got angry and punched it to death. Only keyboard that made my fists bleed. You know that's a quality keyboard. And so, I'd like to end this post with a prayer to the keyboard that once was my best friend. May you find your place in keyboard heaven, old chap. *HAMMELA HAMMELA F1-F8 1337 NO WINKEY GODSPEED CS*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-15, 08:47 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "About 2 years ago I was using an old..."
Lmao.

My keyboard , the one i'm not using, is crusty as hell, all the keys work, i layed chocolate on the numpad once and it melted overnight and well, my keys on the numpad are just chocolaty... I tried to clean them, but i just cant.

On this keyboard, theres fucking coffee everywhere, and in the keys, theres no crust or hair in between the keys though. This keyboard is my moms, its wireless, and it used to be hard to perss, then i got a few weeks in with it and its in its prime, where you know if you dont press a key or if you do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-10-15, 09:16 AM in reply to Grav's post "What state is your keyboard in?"
Somewhat decent shape, the ripples on the spacebar have smoothed out to that of a baby's bottom, along with many other buttons.

Everything seems to work, though, despite crap seeping out of every crack.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-10-15, 09:28 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Somewhat decent shape, the ripples on..."
Fine, but my dell mousepad met my very small very ferocious dog.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-10-15, 12:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Fine, but my dell mousepad met my very..."
My keyboard is always sticky...........=/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-10-15, 12:42 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "My keyboard is always..."
I just take a new keyboard from planet-cyber whenever mine gets beat up. I have a habit of punching the shit out of it whenever I get dealt in whatever random game im getting dealt in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus

Posted 2004-10-15, 01:12 PM in reply to Gsus's post starting "I just take a new keyboard from..."
Posted in wrong quick reply box :-/ ------>

Last edited by Gsus; 2004-10-15 at 01:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus