Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

spurs or lakers
Posted 2008-05-26, 05:49 PM
tomorrow @ 9 pm the spurs and lakers are battleing off. right now the lakers are winning the series 2-1.me personally i want the spurs to win it. then win the rest of it and go to the championship.my dad said the whole thing is rigged lakers and celtics but i dont think so.tell me what you think spurs or lakers.
gig'em

Last edited by 150089; 2008-05-26 at 05:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
150089 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between150089 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Posted 2008-05-26, 05:52 PM in reply to 150089's post "spurs or lakers"
I want the Lakers to win. I don't think it's rigged.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-05-26, 07:26 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I want the Lakers to win. I don't think..."
Demosthenes said:
I want the Lakers to win. I don't think it's rigged.
Seconded. I've always hated the Spurs anyways. Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan are all thugs, and they play dirty. Lakers all the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-27, 06:53 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I want the Lakers to win. I don't think..."
While I wouldn't go as far as saying it's "rigged" - everybody outside of San Antonio & Detroit want a Celtics/Lakers finals. The last time the Pistons and the Spurs played each other in the Finals, it had the lowest ratings in like 10+ years. Nobody wants to see another boring Finals again. I'm telling you right now, if it's Pistons vs. Spurs in the Finals I won't be watching a single game. It's incredibly boring. Nothing flashy. No HUGE superstar. Slow gameplay.

On the other hand, if you have a Celtics/Lakers Finals you've got Kobe, KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and a sleu of other good players on that Lakers squad. Plus, who WOULDN'T want to see the Celtics/Lakers rivalry come back just like it was in the 70's and 80's? That was some of the best basketball in those days. David Stern and NBA upper management are salivating at the thought of it. There's no way they want a Detroit/San Antonio final.. who's to say they didn't tip off the refs to make it happen?

Is it probable? Not really. Is it possible? Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos