Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Gunn High School Sings Away Hate Group (Westboro Baptist Church)
Posted 2010-04-03, 10:12 AM
BORKED

This kind of stuff gives me hope for humanity. I've started to accept lately that the evil shit that I really want to go away is actually the driving force that pushes us toward good. I mean, look at that, a few people from a stupid hate group show up, and this was the response.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-03, 01:28 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Gunn High School Sings Away Hate Group..."
I remember, a while back (It might've been Martin Luther King Jr. Day), the KKK showed up to protest black people and stuff.
Someone set up a stand right across the street called "Lemons to Lemonaid", and for as long as the KKK was there, people donated money to the Lemons to Lemonaid person. All the money they raised went to stuff for Black People, like schools and college and stuff.

Actually, I think stuff like this and that happen all the time.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-05, 09:09 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Gunn High School Sings Away Hate Group..."
There was an protest-against-a-protest here a few weekends ago against that Westboro Baptist Church. They were apparently going to a funeral home and going to start some mess, and about 45 students showed up and shouted them down, it was amazing from what I was told. I wish I would've gone. But you may be right, all of this evil and hatred might actually reveal the good nature of humanity. Maybe we need more bigotry to force the good in people to outshine. As almighty and holy as that may sound, you may be absolutely right.

*EDIT: Wow, just finished the video. Thank you K_A, that was a great feel good video for the day. Seriously just changed my attitude for this monday in a whole better direction.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2010-04-05 at 09:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-05, 07:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "There was an protest-against-a-protest..."
So, who exactly is this Westboro Baptist Church? A bunch of pretending-to-believe dicks against homosexuals, or what? I noticed alot of "God is love" "love is love" and rainbows, so I assume...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-05, 07:25 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So, who exactly is this Westboro..."
Most of what you saw in the video was not Westboro. Westboro Bapstist Church is an extremist Christian hate group that likes to protest the funerals of homosexuals and such.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-05, 07:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Most of what you saw in the video was..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Most of what you saw in the video was not Westboro. Westboro Bapstist Church is an extremist Christian hate group that likes to protest the funerals of homosexuals and such.
I know, what's what I ment. I ment, everything the students did was in rainbows, so I assumed the Westboro was against Homoz.
That's pretty awful, though... can't they at least respect a persons life? *sigh*....
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-06, 04:29 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I know, what's what I ment. I ment,..."
They're self proclaimed God crusaders waging a war against everything the hateful leader of thier church preaches. They're basically against everything.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-06, 06:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "They're self proclaimed God crusaders..."
D3V said: [Goto]
They're self proclaimed God crusaders waging a war against everything the hateful leader of thier church preaches. They're basically against everything.
To clarify, they don't wage war against what their leader preaches, they wage ware against the things which their leader preaches against.

editedfortypo

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-04-07 at 10:23 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-06, 07:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "To clarify, they don't wage war against..."
Sounds more like a cult, than a church.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-06, 09:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Gunn High School Sings Away Hate Group..."
Kudos and such to the school. That being said - I'm the guy who drives by and thinks, "Don't these people have something better to do with their time? Likely not."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2010-04-07, 01:13 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Sounds more like a cult, than a church...."
skurai said: [Goto]
sounds more like a cult, than a church.
1 > 1 ?????
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-07, 08:19 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "To clarify, they don't wage war against..."
Thank you for rewording it.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Fred Phelps, their leader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church you can read about the different protests and events that they've participated in. Pretty dispicable.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-07, 06:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thank you for rewording it. ..."
I've got admit I'm impressed by their sign quality. Usually signs that belong to people that dumb are just white with black marker wording, with three and four letter words mispelled.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2010-04-07, 07:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thank you for rewording it. ..."
WOW! They have throughly pissed me off.
It doesn't even seem like they're thinking with their brains!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai