Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Diablo III Confirmed (Mostly)
Posted 2008-06-25, 09:43 AM
Rushster(Diabloii.net Administrator) said:
With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=667423

While it sounds like second-hand information, it's coming from an administrator of Diabloii.net. They wouldn't have said this unless they were very certain of it. They have a very large member-base and would be risking disappointing them if they weren't 100% sure.

Either way, it isn't PROOF. I'd say this is about 90% trustworthy, with the extra 10% in there for uncertainty. You never know if the information really is trustworthy, even if it's from someone that they trust. Either way, this is a step in the right direction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 10:11 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Diablo III Confirmed (Mostly)"
Excuse the slow link. I'd imagine most of the internet is currently linking to them and most likely their server is not handling it very well. Either way, I quoted the post in its entirety.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 11:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Excuse the slow link. I'd imagine most..."
Awesome... Can't wait to see the new story line, the graphics, etc.

I'VE WAITED TOO LONG!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-25, 11:25 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Awesome... Can't wait to see the new..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Awesome... Can't wait to see the new story line, the graphics, etc.

I'VE WAITED TOO LONG!!!
We still probably have a long time to wait :P

With WotLK most likely coming out later this year/early next year, and Starcraft 2 most likely coming out sometime next year, I would wager that Diablo 3 won't be coming out until 2010 or maybe even 2011.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 12:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "We still probably have a long time to..."
You never know about when it will be released. They could have already completed it, and just announce it hitting shelves this winter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-06-25, 12:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Diablo III Confirmed (Mostly)"
Is this their "next-gen" MMO?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-25, 01:04 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Is this their "next-gen" MMO?"
Randuin said: [Goto]
Is this their "next-gen" MMO?
Who knows?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 02:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Who knows?"
Is it's a mmo then it DEFINITELY won't be out til 2010 or 2011. Maybe even later. Hopefully it's not and we can expect it sooner. I mean, honestly, it's been too damn long.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-25, 02:54 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Is it's a mmo then it DEFINITELY won't..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
Is it's a mmo then it DEFINITELY won't be out til 2010 or 2011. Maybe even later. Hopefully it's not and we can expect it sooner. I mean, honestly, it's been too damn long.
Somehow I doubt that it's going to be an MMO.

I think the job openings they've been listing have been for either "A Next-Gen MMO" or "To work with the team that worked on diablo 1 and 2" or something along those lines. Their "Next-Gen MMO" is most likely an entirely different game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 02:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Somehow I doubt that it's going to be..."
Could be a starcraft MMO. That's the other series I'd like to see done ...since it'd appeal to an entirely different audience than WOW. MMOFPS, baby . I guess that's too much to ask for, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-25, 02:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Could be a starcraft MMO. That's the..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
Could be a starcraft MMO. That's the other series I'd like to see done ...since it'd appeal to an entirely different audience than WOW. MMOFPS, baby . I guess that's too much to ask for, though.
I suspect that they will most likely keep things how they are now. WoW 2 will be their Next-Gen MMO, Diablo 3 will be a small-scale MMO like Diablo 2, and Starcraft will stay a strategy game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 03:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I suspect that they will most likely..."
Diablo 2 was not MMO. It was only MO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-25, 03:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Diablo 2 was not MMO. It was only MO."
WetWired said: [Goto]
I disagree, at one point in time their was so many people on Diablo that you had to wait in line to create a game.

I would call than an MMO
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-25, 05:23 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I disagree, at one point in time their..."
Except that MMO stands for
"Massively Multiplayer Online", not "Massive Multiplayer Online". No matter how many people were waiting to play, it was only, what, 8 players per game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-25, 06:17 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Except that MMO stands for "Massively..."
I was not aware that the limit of people in a single game deciphered between MO and MMO. And yes, 8 players is the max per game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-25, 06:18 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I was not aware that the limit of..."
Well, if you consider 8 players to be massively multiplayer, then sure it can be MMO...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-25, 06:50 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, if you consider 8 players to be..."
Half the point of an MMO is to share your game world with thousands of others, Diablo II wasn't an MMO. I've been saying for like 4 or 5 years now that Diablo III will be an MMO, perhaps we're about to find out if my guess was correct...?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-25, 07:40 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Diablo 2 was not MMO. It was only MO."
WetWired said: [Goto]
No shit. That's why I said "small scale" SORRY I didn't know there was such a thing as an "MO."

Why do you have to be so technical about everything, dick?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-25, 08:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "No shit. That's why I said "small..."
I'm not being technical. Everyone else is just being retarded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-25, 11:17 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm not being technical. Everyone else..."
Techincally Your being Techincal because your nit picking at it. Diablo II, is, A small scall MMO. There are thousands up thousands of people who play D2, Just because they can't all be in the same game room doesn't make it any smaller.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander