Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Grin Dimmu Borgir
Posted 2004-08-19, 01:09 PM
Anybody else listen to them? They is GAWDLY.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2004-08-19, 01:10 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Dimmu Borgir"
A bit. I tend to listen to Cradle of Filth though~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweengendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

gendark01

Posted 2004-08-19, 01:26 PM in reply to gendark01's post starting "A bit. I tend to listen to Cradle of..."
eh theyre O.K not the best
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:58 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "eh theyre O.K not the best"
Yeah, not the best. Just the absolute greatest.

If you guys use a good program live Overnet or eDonkey2000 to dl music:

Dimmu Borgir - Kings of the Carnival Creation
Dimmu Borgir - Eradication Instincts Defined
Dimmu Borgir - In Death's Embrace
Dimmu Borgir - Hybrid Stigmata

all very good s0ngs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2004-08-21, 10:51 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post starting "Yeah, not the best. Just the absolute..."
A little too melodramatic for my tastes. Black metal is just too operatic and overblown, in my opinion. I prefer straightforward death metal like Meshuggah or Carnal Forge. The closest I can get to black metal and still take it seriously would be something like Opeth. Anything beyond that just seems silly to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-08-23, 12:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "A little too melodramatic for my..."
yeah there is a thin line in black metal where some of it gets a little pretentious
as far as hard shit goes i stick with Converge.
and slow doom metal like neurosis or isis.
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-08-23, 02:20 AM in reply to robotbees's post starting "yeah there is a thin line in black..."
If you like Neurosis, give a listen to Cult of Luna. Their album, The Beyond, is one of the best doom metal albums I've ever heard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-08-23, 10:26 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "If you like Neurosis, give a listen to..."
dimmu borgir is... wierd. the music is fucking god, but i don't care too much for the singing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-08-23, 01:37 PM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "dimmu borgir is... wierd. the music is..."
Doom metal is awesome. I absolutely hate nu metal... but that's besides the point (some asshole tried to tell me System of a Down was better than Ozzy Osbourne, solo or with Sabbath, after taunting me and calling me a pansy, he got a swift fist to the jaw). Anyways........ Yeah, Dimmu Borgir is soso... there are better bands out there, and they may be a tad to... ehh... as Raziel said, melodramatic for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-08-25, 08:54 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Doom metal is awesome. I absolutely..."
Yeah the singing isn't great, because if you look up the lyrics, its like (...?) I really like the music though. "In Death's Embrace" by them is one of the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

OmniFalcon