Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Are cops out overstepped these days?
Posted 2015-03-03, 07:28 AM
In the last few years, several incidents of alleged police brutality have gotten a lot of news coverage. A few instances include the fatal beating of Kelly Thomas, the Eric Garner incident, and the Michael Brown incident. It seems like these sorts of incidents have been getting a lot more press these days. So what do you think? Do you guys think that the police have started overstepping their bounds, or is it something else?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-03-03, 10:10 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Are cops out overstepped these days?"
Also, via 4chan or tumblr, you can find that there's a loooooot of this going on, and it's just not going national. About 10 stories like this a month, it's eye-rubbingly annoying. But is anyone surprised? Police corruption has been in fiction for years, and most cops are just people with complex problems. I'd heard (and don't quote me on this) that police actually have the exact same thought process as thugs.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-03-04, 12:41 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Are cops out overstepped these days?"
It's probably a combination of increased incidents, over-reporting, and a byproduct of the world we live in where wrongdoing by officers can pretty quickly be illuminated and is often recorded (increased awareness, or something).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-03-04, 09:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's probably a combination of..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
It's probably a combination of increased incidents, over-reporting, and a byproduct of the world we live in where wrongdoing by officers can pretty quickly be illuminated and is often recorded (increased awareness, or something).
So what you're saying is, they aren't more corrupt. It's just easier for them to get caught, now.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-03-04, 08:00 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So what you're saying is, they aren't..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
So what you're saying is, they aren't more corrupt. It's just easier for them to get caught, now.
Something like that, though I'm not necessarily saying they aren't also more corrupt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-03-05, 11:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Something like that, though I'm not..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Something like that, though I'm not necessarily saying they aren't also more corrupt.
I'm sure they are at least a little more corrupt. People give me generation (1992-95) some shit for being spoiled, but I remember the older kids being way fucking worse. Not even in a "ugh, I hate seniors, they're assholes" way, but in a "why is every senior dropping out to become the same kinda guy my drunk dad is?"
Tattoos, motorcycles they can't legally drive, drunk 50% of their conscious time, talking like a sailor, no actual job... 1990 kids were those kids. And now some of them are cops.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2015-03-09, 11:46 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'm sure they are at least a little..."
I didn't realize how horrifically I fucked up the title to this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-03-09, 02:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I didn't realize how horrifically I..."
I feel like Cops and Soldiers should be held in the same regard - the same breath that criticizes them and praises their actions should remain equal.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V