Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

What's the closest you've been to dying?
Posted 2008-10-29, 07:02 PM
Twelve years ago today I was raped by the man who murdered my mother. At one point during the rape he choked me until I went unconcious. If he hadn't let up after I passed out, I would have died. It's almost frightening to look back now on that moment alone, when I couldn't breath and I was clawing at his face, throwing mud into his eyes, and then pretending to have passed out before I finally did, to think that I may have very well not have woken up from that.

/venting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-29, 07:05 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "What's the closest you've been to dying?"
Holy shit, I've definitely had my share of near death experience but that trumps them all. Wow, I'm so sorry...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-29, 07:40 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "What's the closest you've been to dying?"
Jessifer said: [Goto]
Twelve years ago today I was raped by the man who murdered my mother. At one point during the rape he choked me until I went unconcious. If he hadn't let up after I passed out, I would have died. It's almost frightening to look back now on that moment alone, when I couldn't breath and I was clawing at his face, throwing mud into his eyes, and then pretending to have passed out before I finally did, to think that I may have very well not have woken up from that.

/venting
attention whore
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-29, 08:14 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "What's the closest you've been to dying?"
Crashed a truck with no airbags down a 10 foot ditch into a tree while going 40mph on an icy gravel road. Without the seatbelt I would've died.

OD'd on percocet while I was really drunk, and friends had to keep me awake so my lungs would not stop while I passed out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-10-29, 08:27 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Crashed a truck with no airbags down a..."
Nothing serious for me. I went on an inflatable balloon sort of fun tunnel during a festival, and there were two passageways. I was on one side and a girl was on the other. My Dad was goeding me to beat her to the end, and once I got to the end, the girl bounced on her side causing my side of the tunnel to rise up and send my 7 year old body flying. I landed on my head, and almost cracked my skull open. I was unconscious until I found myself in an ambulence to the hospital, and I suffered no damage to my head.
What's ironic is that I probably hit myself on the same spot of my head that same year when I crashed into my sister's bicycle also sending me flying. Maybe that explains the bump I still have on top of my head.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-10-29, 10:00 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Nothing serious for me. I went on an..."
Went into a coma from a drug over dose.

Went into a coma from a drug induced car accident.

Thought I was dieing when I tried the drug rush while also High, drunk and rolling on X.

Hmm... I'm seeing a pattern here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-30, 08:48 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "attention whore"
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
attention whore

Douchebag. <3

Anyway, my senior year in highschool I fell off the catwalk ladder feet first in the tiny room that the heater for our auditorium was in. When I realized what had happened (one moment I was at the top, reaching for the bar to pull myself up, then there was wind, a sense of weightlessness, and then I was sitting on the floor 16 feet down), I was leaning against a pipe that was jutting out of the floor. If I hadn't fallen feet first I could have cracked either my head or my spine on that pipe, or hit one of the many other pipes on the way down. I ended up with water in my knee, and I have little to no sensation on a patch of skin on the inside of my right calf now.

Water in the knee = fucking painful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-30, 08:52 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Douchebag. <3 Anyway, my senior..."
Multiple asthma attacks when I was a child. Not being able to breathe sucks. Went to the emergency room twice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-30, 08:58 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Douchebag. <3 Anyway, my senior..."
I rolled my 4wheeler. It landed on top of me, broke all my ribs, clavical, punctured both my lungs. That was scary as shit spent a week in ICU. That was 11 months months ago.

2 weeks ago I was airing up a 2-piece wheel and I caught the tube between the the wheel. It blew up hitting my arm, breaking my arm, and it hit my head. If I wouldn't of moved it woulda hit my temple but it hit my eye socket lol.... 9 times outa 10 a person woulda been killed doing that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-30, 09:31 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "I rolled my 4wheeler. It landed on top..."
I was in a quad accident, not as bad as GT but, pretty close. I fractured 2 ribs, seperated my sternum, I have a concussion and mild amnesia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-30, 11:19 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I was in a quad accident, not as bad as..."
After a surgery, I had complications and ended up with a fever of about 107 or so before the nurses noticed. Had emergency surgery, ended up fine.

Other near collisions like almost car crashes. Weirdest one was when I was younger and I ended up on the railroad tracks at a station, I think I dropped money or something. A train was coming at me that I didn't notice and a homeless person pulled me under the concrete walking area.

Last edited by Grav; 2008-10-30 at 11:21 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-10-30, 05:59 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "After a surgery, I had complications..."
My appendix burst when I was 16.
I fell asleep and my car veered into oncoming traffic when I was 21.
I got shot at when I was on a foot patrol in Ramadi at age 22.
Age 24 I was hit by two separate roadside bombs in a month.

I am 25 now and expect many more incidents in my future.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-10-30, 06:05 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "My appendix burst when I was 16. I..."
ouch and i felt sorry for jess, i feel even worse for you haha D:

I've been bitten by countless venomous snakes & spiders i have many dangerous pets and sometimes im to affectionate too my babies D: , drowned twice and been unconcious for a while both times, fallen off a cliff ( i was walking near the edge when the ground underneath my feet gave way and i slipped).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-10-30, 06:07 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "ouch and i felt sorry for jess, i feel..."
Don't feel sorry for me, the combat stuff is what I do for a living. Jess didn't ask for what happend to her.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-10-30, 09:13 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Don't feel sorry for me, the combat..."
I was snowboarding about 7 years ago, and i wiped out bad and fell half way down the mountain (i was wearing a helmet). The scary thing is i hit a tree and was out cold for about 4 hours. One broken collarbone, three fractured ribs, a bruised spleen, and multiple cuts and bruises all over my body. The only good part of the whole thing was the meds they put me on and i got to fly home in a helicopter.

Jess, i am so sorry. I had no idea. Glad your still here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-30, 09:25 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Don't feel sorry for me, the combat..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Don't feel sorry for me, the combat stuff is what I do for a living. Jess didn't ask for what happend to her.
I now think you are cooler.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-31, 06:31 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I was snowboarding about 7 years ago,..."
No need to feel sorry. While I admit I have my moments on occasion, especially around this time of year, but I've been over it for a while now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-31, 06:44 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "What's the closest you've been to dying?"
When I was 16, drank what I think was 20 shots (can't remember at all the exact count...) of what was either dry gin or vodka. Slept forever and woke up a few times, threw up over myself, and passed out again.

Another time I got really really drunk and took a bunch of sleeping pills. Turning my head felt like I entered a new dimension.

Came home from a bar one night piss faced drunk, decided it was a good idea to take a bath and ended up passing out in a bath tub. I remember waking up twice to a freezing cold tub, heating the water up a bit, then passing back out again.

Only the bath tub thing was recent though. Rest happened at least 5 years ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-10-31, 09:28 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "When I was 16, drank what I think was..."
The first time I was linked to TubGirl.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-31, 04:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The first time I was linked to TubGirl."
I <3 tubgirl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-