Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

2 spaces after a period.
Posted 2004-03-21, 05:13 PM
Why does the forum automatically make it where there is only 1 space after a period even if you put 2? It's annoying.

See? See? See. See. See. See. See. See. See.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-03-21, 05:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "2 spaces after a period."
I dunno, I like it better that way anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-03-21, 05:32 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I dunno, I like it better that way..."
I don't use spaces after my sentences so it doesn't affect me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-03-21, 05:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "2 spaces after a period."
Hasnt really bothered me. Just leave it the way it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-21, 05:49 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Hasnt really bothered me. Just leave..."
what does it matter?
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-03-21, 06:29 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "what does it matter?"
Ever notice how it won't let you indent paragraphs either. Same principle.

See?
See?
See.
See.
See.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-21, 06:45 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Ever notice how it won't let you indent..."
really, didn't know that, or at least realize it.
Doh
doh. test? Gayness

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

weird
Posted 2004-03-21, 06:49 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Ever notice how it won't let you indent..."
i never noticed that
that is weird
hmm i think this forum is weird how it does that. doesnt make sense to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pimpiroth

Posted 2004-03-21, 07:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "2 spaces after a period."
2 spaces after a period is for monospaced fonts. 1 space after a period is for proportionally spaced fonts..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-21, 09:16 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "2 spaces after a period is for..."
Two spaces after the period is grammatically correct anyway. Doesn't really have anything to do with font spacing. It has been something I've noticed for a while and has kinda been annoying but I never did much about it. What's more annoying though is that Dan refuses to even put one space after his sentences.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-21, 09:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "2 spaces after a period."
cause it's HTML. When you post. it is sent to the sever as HTML with restrictions. you can also just do this.

Space .... Space.... Space

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-03-21, 09:40 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "cause it's HTML. When you post. it is..."
Thats a lot of annoying HTML to add just for the effect of a few spaces though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

ok
Posted 2004-03-22, 11:44 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Thats a lot of annoying HTML to add..."
I have no problem with putting a space after each sentence but my brother does because he thinks that as long as it isnt in the rules he should not have to do that. I am sorry for not spacing on my other posts and i will try to from now on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pimpiroth

Posted 2004-03-23, 12:09 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Two spaces after the period is..."
RoboticSilence said:
What's more annoying though is that Dan refuses to even put one space after his sentences.
In case you haven't noticed I put spaces after my sentences now. I would have never gave in if the staff was mean to me in the talk to the staff forum but they were nice so I put spaces now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

ok
Posted 2004-03-23, 12:58 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "In case you haven't noticed I put..."
Glad to see that u do that now Dan. Next thing to work on is how to be a better brother. lol jk. I guess everyone here does that now so maybe someone should close this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pimpiroth