Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Reward for cracking this file!

Posted 2002-04-08, 04:27 PM
http://hem.passagen.se/chruser99/TimeStormBS.zip
Copy&paste link into your browser, or it won't work!

If you find a way to extract the files out of that .dat file (bmp, png and some other formats should be hidden inside it), I will reward you somehow. I really need its content to make the perfect RM2K game that this whole forum will be proud of

You think I'm joking? I'm not. I will assemble some people and attempt to make something VERY spectacular, but you'll see.
Again, I need the file content first
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-08, 06:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
man download is slow
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2002-04-08, 06:55 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
zelaron thats impossible just lettin u know.. they screwed up the files DAT cant hold files like ZIP n u cant decompress it.... HUK
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilSteven

Posted 2002-04-08, 06:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
I don't know where you heard that a DAT file can contain other files i.e. like a ZIP, but last I knew it can't so obviously some info passed hands and got mixed up, because DAT files arent archives, If they were they would be a WinDAT or something for one, just like ZIP and RAR and TAR etc...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilSteven

Posted 2002-04-08, 11:34 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
Sorry, but this one IS an archive, I know this for a fact this time.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-09, 02:56 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
Crusher...
Where did you find that file?
Give me the source please
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-09, 07:55 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
Hmm...well if the contents are uncompressed, I built a program back years ago that might be capable of ripping windows bitmaps out of it, but I don't have it handy, so I'll see what others say before I go to the trouble of finding it.

It's been so long since I made that program that I don't even remember exactly how it works. :]
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 08:23 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
The source is a RM2K game I downloaded, and the author decided to remove it from his mirrors. Either way, I can still email it to you people if you're still planning to try, but it shouldn't be neccesary. The only other file you will get is an exe file that reads from the .dat file somehow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-09, 11:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
Mission accomplished. I did it without any tools, but that was tricky as hell :/
The .exe extracted the .dat file to a hidden temporary folder in c:\windows\temp. When you exited the game, the temp files were deleted, so I just ripped them from there.

Lastly, I had to do a major load of changes before it would work properly
But I have it now, I just have to figure out more about its features
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-10, 12:13 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
hey crusher... what are you going to reward urself with then?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-04-10, 07:30 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
You're not a girl, are you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-05-05, 10:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
DAT files can be archives when an exe, usually a "setup" file, is used to extract it... there are no programs made for archiving into DAT you simply have to program it that way.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2002-05-06, 12:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
mmn...maybe we just have to try guys. Let's do this for Chruser!!!

Made by the Guardian Of Zelaron
Re-edit by the Nightmare of Demons

Made by the Demons' Nightmares
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-05-06, 01:12 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Reward for cracking this file!"
chrusher already did it :closed:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE