Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: What should have happened?
Gone to only Afghanistan 2 16.67%
Gone to only Iraq 0 0%
Gone to Afghanistan and Iraq (be out of Iraq by now) 2 16.67%
Gone to Afghanistan and Iraq (still be in Iraq) 0 0%
Just hunt for Osama Bin Laden 6 50.00%
Nothing 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:31 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Tell me how you turn relationships into..."
That. Doesn't. Even. Make. Sense.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Say that to Ghandi. He was completely..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Say that to Ghandi. He was completely against fighting. Even as his people were being gunned down, they would not fight. Turned out for the best.
Ghandi's situation is different, he believed in Civil Disobedience, which works well against establishments that rely upon your cooperation. Yes, it worked for him, but the situations are radically different between the U.S. now and Ghandi's India movements.

First off, nonviolent disobedience is largely just a nonviolent rebellion, which isn't a possibility because the United States would not be rebelling against a governing body, because we're a sovereign nation.

Reasoning with fanatics usually doesn't work out that well, but I'm unsure as to how we've attempted to reason with them thus far. That kind of thing doesn't make the news.

The nation's interest is retaining sovereignty, saving as many of our lives as possible, and deterring any other threats of this type. None of that works if you're being gunned down, bombed, or whatever by fanatics. You'd gain a moral victory, but you'd still be dead. It takes fanatics of your own to find that an acceptable solution. Even the Samurai of Japan had a saying (I forgot where I read it); "Honor is a thin cloak against the chill of the grave."

I'm not saying I don't agree with nonviolent solutions, but there are times where there is no other option. It is always, ALWAYS the last option.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:57 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Ghandi's situation is different, he..."
I believe that we should have hunted for Bin laden. But he is probably dead already because he either a) took his own life or b) died of kidney problems. Well i hope he is happy that he got to live out his final moments on earth in a cave somewhere in a pile of his own shit. Now he is in hell wondering what he did wrong, fucktard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-10, 09:07 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I believe that we should have hunted..."
It's not proof that he's still alive, but he's still releasing videos, even though it might not actually be him. He's mentioning current events, so if it IS him, it's not old footage.

Then again, isn't Tupac still releasing music?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 06:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's not proof that he's still alive,..."
!King_Amazon! said:
It's not proof that he's still alive, but he's still releasing videos, even though it might not actually be him. He's mentioning current events, so if it IS him, it's not old footage.

Then again, isn't Tupac still releasing music?
True, but most medical experts have gone on record saying that it would be very hard for him to survive due to the treatments he would need for his crappy kidneys.

I really dont care if he is alive or not, but if he is and we get our hands on him, then justice wont be served. He will be arrested and tried and then put in jail for a few years til he is killed or dies. Seeing him in jail would not be the answer to all those familes. I say put him in the middle of a square or something and anybody that wants to can come up and just takea crack at him. But that is unrealistic so dont mind this post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:16 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "True, but most medical experts have..."
Yeah, that's not barbaric at all.

Who says he doesn't have the treatments he needs for his kidneys? He might be living in a palace right now. His gray beard was died black, which is a bit of a sign that he isn't just living in a cave somewhere.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:30 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "True, but most medical experts have..."
Like what they did with Mussolini? Let's do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-11, 12:54 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "True, but most medical experts have..."
Gruesome, why should we resort to such barbarism? Why should we sink to his level?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-11, 02:30 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Gruesome, why should we resort to such..."
mjordan2nd said:
Gruesome, why should we resort to such barbarism? Why should we sink to his level?
Because i am an angry, irrational human being. I am very emotional and i will never ever forgive him or his stupid club of fuckers that think they are doing ala's work. That is why i am not God and you are MJ. Sorry to say it, but i am one to say fight fire with fire. I know im a terrible person in this reguard, but with this situation i really dont care.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-11, 07:09 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Because i am an angry, irrational human..."
I totally agree. Except I say make them all pay. That way the rest of the world knows that if they piss us off they won't even have heirs to their legacy.

But I am also a person that doesn't cry when a little furry creature dies and I hate people in general so I say kill as many as you can or like. I don't mind seeing a video of a bunch of scorched dead bodies in a giant crater that used to be a country, and I certainly don't mind genocide. I would defile the bodies even, just to show that no respect is given to enemies.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:20 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I totally agree. Except I say make them..."
hotdog said:
I totally agree. Except I say make them all pay. That way the rest of the world knows that if they piss us off they won't even have heirs to their legacy.

But I am also a person that doesn't cry when a little furry creature dies and I hate people in general so I say kill as many as you can or like. I don't mind seeing a video of a bunch of scorched dead bodies in a giant crater that used to be a country, and I certainly don't mind genocide. I would defile the bodies even, just to show that no respect is given to enemies.
Thank God, or whatever you believe in, that you are not in power.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-11, 10:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Thank God, or whatever you believe in,..."
It's only a matter of time, Mj. It seems like most people can't think rationally or logically these days. One day there will be a president just like him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 10:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's only a matter of time, Mj. It..."
sorry to bust your people but i was being truthful. Im glad somebody else sees it my way, but i hope that a presidnet never sees it my way or else we are all fucked
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-12, 06:30 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Because i am an angry, irrational human..."
I don't see the point of belittiling your own intelligence, but okay. If you don't want to be a human being, please hand in your card at the desk and join the rest of the apes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-09-12, 08:07 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't see the point of belittiling..."
WW2 was a different kind of war. These countries had air bases and armies that could match ours. Something major needed to be done to end the war before the enemy could develop nuclear missiles.

Iraq is a lot different. Since the Saddam is no longer in power there is no point in bombing military sites. If we did major bombings we would just be killing civilians.

And isn't it mostly Iraqis killing each other with all the suicide bombings instead of us killing civilians directly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-09-12, 08:21 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "WW2 was a different kind of war. These..."
Dar_Win said:
WW2 was a different kind of war. These countries had air bases and armies that could match ours. Something major needed to be done to end the war before the enemy could develop nuclear missiles.

Iraq is a lot different. Since the Saddam is no longer in power there is no point in bombing military sites. If we did major bombings we would just be killing civilians.

And isn't it mostly Iraqis killing each other with all the suicide bombings instead of us killing civilians directly?
So next time ...we bomb the civilians first and call it a result of war. CHECK!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-12, 09:30 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't see the point of belittiling..."
GravitonSurge said:
I don't see the point of belittiling your own intelligence, but okay. If you don't want to be a human being, please hand in your card at the desk and join the rest of the apes.
First off i was wasted when i replied to that. Second off, its not belittiling to my intelligence because i understand that my feelings are wrong and if i were to take actions, they would be wrong. Intelligence and feelings are not the same thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-12, 11:22 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "First off i was wasted when i replied..."
If you know something you think is wrong but you don't change it, you're lacking intelligence. It could be called "Willed Ignorance" but that's a slightly different thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!