Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

sorry
Posted 2004-03-22, 09:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I don't know who he was flaming. Sov..."
Actually i flamed you to be honest,Raziel but i am sorry for that. I just had some steam to blow off. To get back on topic i think that poem is kinda nice like i said earlier and u should add on to it Dan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pimpiroth

Posted 2004-03-23, 12:16 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I don't know who he was flaming. Sov..."
Raziel said:
I don't know who he was flaming.
Sorry my brother flamed you Raziel. I am mad at him too because he brought my thread off-topic. I want some oppinions on my poem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-04-02, 12:27 AM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "Sorry my brother flamed you Raziel. I..."
Well, Dan, I just read through your poem, and I have one suggestion to give you.

Remove her name from the poem entirely.

You see, when you directly address another human being in a literary piece (a poem, a song, etc) then you're doing two fairly negative things in the process.

1) You are excluding everyone that reads this poem from enjoying it. Because you single a specific person out, it makes the subject, emotions and message of the piece exclusive to the peron you're aiming it at. That's always a no-no.

2) You are putting the subject person on the spot. You're divulging their name and intimate aspects of your relationship with them for the public to see, and that's also a no-no.

And in all honesty, I've come to find that usually people prefer not being referenced directly. They enjoy the secrecy of the work, and it honestly feels a lot more meaningful to only have the writer and subject aware of exactly what the song is about. I would remove her name from the title and anywhere else that you placed it in the piece.

Otherwise, good job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-02, 07:30 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, Dan, I just read through your..."
thank you for the advice but I won't be changing the poem at all. If I make another one I will keep in mind what you said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-04-03, 03:16 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "thank you for the advice but I won't be..."
Not to bad at all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-04-04, 08:51 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "Not to bad at all"
The literature forum doesn't seem to get much activity. I guess people don't like books or poems much here at zelaron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-04-05, 09:47 AM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "The literature forum doesn't seem to..."
I've been too busy to write lately. That and the bloody writer's block. Poo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-04-06, 09:21 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I've been too busy to write lately. :(..."
Jessifer said:
I've been too busy to write lately. That and the bloody writer's block. Poo.
don't worry you will think of something good to write and I will comment on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-04-18, 07:08 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "don't worry you will think of something..."
What??? Your in college, and you like yugioh? Holy cow, I thought only 6th graders liked that game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum