Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Posted 2012-05-23, 06:11 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Oh yea, it works. Game is downloading..."
Soon you can play with us
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-24, 09:06 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Soon you can play with us :D"
I'm intrigued by how the "everyone can buy and sell their items for real money in the AH" thing. Since Hardcore mode has more item sinks than the normal game mode, there's a decent chance that item values (of "fixed" items by some metric) could stabilize at some non-zero value in it.

I strongly suspect it'll be ruined by bots, but who knows? Perhaps a large part of the 12-year development cycle that wasn't spent on the storyline went toward some impressive anti-OCR botting measures.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-24, 09:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I'm intrigued by how the "everyone can..."
I really hope they made the best anti bot stuff there is. I don't wanna have them infest diablo III as well
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-24, 10:18 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I really hope they made the best anti..."
I know for a fact that some people already have functional AutoIT bots, and I suspect at least one person at Zelaron is using one. Possibly two.

Chruser, Hardcore mode does have an item sink built in, but it also has a separate auction house last I checked. It also will not have a RMAH based on my most recent information. I do suspect that eventually the AH will be flooded with cheap items because of the constant influx of items compared to the relatively small outflow. The fact that items don't soulbind means they pretty much never go away other than when someone quits the game (assuming they don't give away their items/account) or when someone sells/salvages an item. Perhaps Blizzard will incentivize salvaging set/unique items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-24, 10:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I know for a fact that some people..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Chruser, Hardcore mode does have an item sink built in, but it also has a separate auction house last I checked.

Did I state that they would allow items to transition from one to the other?

It also will not have a RMAH based on my most recent information.

Sad. I hope your information is wrong.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-24, 10:40 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Did I state that they would allow items..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Did I state that they would allow items to transition from one to the other?
Nope, but your supposition that the item sink of hardcore would balance the market would seem to imply that that was what you were suggesting. Otherwise hardcore isn't even going to change the softcore market, regardless of whether or not the auction house is separated. Hardcore would only serve as an item sink for hardcore items, doing nothing to help the fact that softcore items are flooding the market.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-24, 11:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nope, but your supposition that the..."
Nope, but your supposition that the item sink of hardcore would balance the market would seem to imply that that was what you were suggesting. Otherwise hardcore isn't even going to change the softcore market, regardless of whether or not the auction house is separated. Hardcore would only serve as an item sink for hardcore items, doing nothing to help the fact that softcore items are flooding the market.

Chruser said: [Goto]
Since Hardcore mode has more item sinks than the normal game mode, there's a decent chance that item values (of "fixed" items by some metric) could stabilize at some non-zero value in it.

If I thought there was going to be a way to freely transition items between SC and HC, I would probably not have stated "in it". After all, there would be no effective difference between the values of items. I agree that such a system would not be economically stable.

That said, even if Blizzard does implement a RMT auction house for HC mode, I don't really think character death is going to provide enough of a sink for item values to stabilize. I'd like to be wrong, though.

(Once "play" becomes "work", maybe that says something about the inverse.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-24, 11:38 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "If I thought there was going to be a..."
I honestly don't see people spending much money on a RMAH for hardcore. It would be kind of stupid to spend a bunch of money twinking out your character only to lose it all when you die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-24, 12:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I honestly don't see people spending..."
I honestly don't see people spending much money on a RMAH for hardcore. It would be kind of stupid to spend a bunch of money twinking out your character only to lose it all when you die.

It seems a bit like a slightly-higher-risk-than-EVE kind of game, and many people spend quite a bit of real money on items in the latter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-24, 05:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "It seems a bit like a..."
If someone can offer me a guest pass I'd appreciate that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-05-25, 11:41 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "If someone can offer me a guest pass..."
The game appears to be working to some capacity. It will take some actual playtime to sort any issues out. Gamertag posted in proper thread.

Thought, what would you recommend a complete Diablo noob play as first?

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-25, 12:35 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "The game appears to be working to some..."
Barb is really easy to play. Just madly click until everything's dead. Wizard seems to be fairly damn powerful. I feel like there's a chance that the Witch Doctor could be easy. I don't know anyone who playes one though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-25, 01:10 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Barb is really easy to play. Just madly..."
I really like the idea of the Demon Hunter...I may just go with it...All kinds of time to learn lol.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-25, 01:28 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I really like the idea of the Demon..."
I tried her. I have a level 20 demon hunter. She is really really squishy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-25, 03:57 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I tried her. I have a level 20 demon..."
Ugh...now the game just locks up and crashes when I load into The Cathedral back in early Act 1...Can't progress past the entrance...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-26, 12:20 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Ugh...now the game just locks up and..."
Why not just run it in the virtual machine, why bother getting it to run through wine? If you have the VM just use it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-26, 07:18 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Why not just run it in the virtual..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
Why not just run it in the virtual machine, why bother getting it to run through wine? If you have the VM just use it.
Because the Virtual Machine for WinXP runs worse than it does regularly..since my machine emulates the environment, it puts far more work on all processes and it just slower.

Besides, from what I can tell, it is the game itself which is crashing, not Wine or Wine causing it too.

Read a lot of people having the game crash in the same spot...just no one has a solution lol.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-26, 08:53 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Because the Virtual Machine for WinXP..."
Weird, I never crashed there. Actually, I just haven't crashed :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-26, 12:06 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Weird, I never crashed there. Actually,..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
Weird, I never crashed there. Actually, I just haven't crashed :P
Like the Boss* I am, I had to run some terminal commands, reboot to terminal pre OS and install the latest GPU drivers. Cathedral now loaded with no problems.

*I in no way had to use a guide to make sure I did it in the proper order. Also also did not need help with that certain things that were going to fail and had to follow a guide to resolve >.>

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-26, 01:01 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Like the Boss* I am, I had to run some..."
Amazing job figuring that all out by yourself! I could have never figured that all out. Must have taken a lot of smarts and a ton of debugging to get it to work! Congratulations!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin