Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

There is no such thing...
Posted 2008-10-11, 07:35 PM
There is no such thing as acting "smart," "your age," "dumb," etc. I overheard someone today say "Why don't you act more your age," to a person they were talking to. In my head I stated, "How is it possible to act something that is defined by one's own mind?" I thought about this for a while and came to the conclusion that there is no such thing.

To make what I'm saying make more sense, possibly, I'm going to write a fake script that involves no real programming language that I know of.

--Key Functions of fake programming language--
CLASS = class
FUNC = function
DEFINE = define a variable
END = end of if/else, try to statements
"==" = is equal to
"||" = or
--END--

CLASS this
 FUNC act(@what)
  @what = acting(@what)
  RETURN @what
 END
 DEFINE @smart AS "Your definition of how someone is behaving"
 DEFINE @yourage AS "Your definition of how someone should behave at that age."
 DEFINE @dumb AS "Your definition of how someone is behaving"
 DEFINE @dog AS "A domesticated carnivorous mammal related to the foxes and wolves and raised in a wide variety of breeds."
 TRY TO this.act(@smart)
  IF (@smart==FAIL || @smart==NULL)
   PRINT "This fails as a statement that can be used without the definition of the person's own thought"
  ELSE
   PRINT "This apparently can be used without a self definition of one's own thoughts"
  END
 END
END

Now, I'm sure you noticed dog in there. Well, dogs act certain ways and have certain patterns, so it is certainly possible to act like "most" dogs. However, still not all. Which is why I say, "There is no way to act like most things." Things are defined by our mind and our thoughts, so good luck on your adventure trying to understand what I'm conveying to you.

I'm tired. Good night, maybe.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-10-14 at 11:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-14, 06:47 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "There is no such thing..."
Maturity does not come with age, but with experience. A five year old has the ability to be more mature than a fifty year old, depending on what they've experienced in their lives.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-14, 04:14 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "There is no such thing..."
You're trying too hard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav