Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:17 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I was at a friend's and he let me have..."
I'm not sure I'm a large proponent of dropping the drinking age, most people show they can't handle alcohol responsibly even at 21, much less at a younger age. Perhaps if we adopt most of Europe's practice of introducing it at a younger age to where it isn't suddenly new and interesting at a later age.

You can't draft a bill that fits everyone, but it is always better to err on the side of caution, especially with peoples' tendency to do things in excess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:32 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm not sure I'm a large proponent of..."
Well, I suppose. Talking about blackouts show that people use it in excess. I'm just surprised that something that can make you not even function or know what you are doing is legal, but marijuana isn't legal. How many deaths from too much alcohol? A ton. How many OD's on marijuana? None. Oh well, entirely different subject.

Edit: 
Having a couple of cold Michelob Golden Light's. It's dishwater, but it's what the family got.

Last edited by HandOfHeaven; 2007-07-24 at 09:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-24, 10:13 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Ever had Tsingtao? You'd think they..."
HandOfHeaven said:

And Gruesome, are you a lighter guy? It takes me eight shots to get a decent buzz, and I'm 18 and 150 pounds.
I never drank in high school so this episode was probably my 3rd or 4th time drinking (I was 19 at the time). Now (After 3 years of college) i can do at least twice that still not feel anything. When i entered college, i was 5'5" 180 pounds- about 13% body fat. Now i am 5'8" 174 pounds- about 6% body fat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-24, 10:32 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I never drank in high school so this..."
Oh, makes sense. Not bashing your drinking ability at all, just wondering why such a minute amount. Hmm, I don't measure body fat. I guess I'll have to start working on my hippieish figure. Wait, I'm already a thin, tall, shaggy haired kid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-25, 07:35 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Oh, makes sense. Not bashing your..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Oh, makes sense. Not bashing your drinking ability at all, just wondering why such a minute amount. Hmm, I don't measure body fat. I guess I'll have to start working on my hippieish figure. Wait, I'm already a thin, tall, shaggy haired kid.
I know dude you didnt mean anything by that. You were just wondering. I am also Italian and we cannot hold our booze lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-25, 02:27 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I know dude you didnt mean anything by..."
If I'm low on cash, we'll get a dirty thirty of some Busch..... If I've got the cash though.... SoCo, Miller High Life, and 191 EverClear... w00t w00t
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-07-25, 02:39 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "If I'm low on cash, we'll get a dirty..."
Good beers: Blue Moon, Tommyknocker (lots of different kinds "Maple Nut Brown" is my fav, they are local Colorado brews), Corona (fukken classic), Newcastle, and the beer I get teh most often though is the cheap ($14 for 24!) Honey Brown ale but it is so good.

Liquor: I like dark liquors and rum is my favorite. The best rum I've found is interestingly enough the cheapest and highest percentage: Sailor Jerry's. Seriously fucking try it!

As a side note I've never blacked out and that seems like a sign that you probably shouldn't drink so much! My body tells me pretty early when it has had enough. (I can comfortably enjoy 5-8 beers or 4-6 shots. of average strength.)

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-07-28, 07:48 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Good beers: Blue Moon, Tommyknocker..."
Drinking a couple of Miller Chills, and they are a tasty light beer. Thanks to whoever mentioned/suggested it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-29, 06:14 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Drinking a couple of Miller Chills, and..."
Maybe if I get a few extra bucks, I'll give em a shot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-29, 11:14 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Maybe if I get a few extra bucks, I'll..."
How are you youngins always getting beer?

Edit: Nevermind that's a dumb question. When I was 18, I had boozing buddies. Now that I'm 20 though it's worse.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:12 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "How are you youngins always getting..."
RoboticSilence said:
Now that I'm 20 though it's worse.
If you think 20 is bad, wait til your 21. Every other night is somebody's 21st and your expected to go out. Thank god that period in my life is over. I will say though, that drinking isnt what it use to be. By that i mean its not all about getting drunk anymore. Its about having a good time with close friends, or friends that you can be around when you want a drink. Get retarted on a regular basis loses its appeal when you can buy it legally. I guess thats why the Europeans have it right with the young drinking ages. Most study abroad students (at least at my school) can hold thier liquor and understand limits, unlike most American college students.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:18 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "How are you youngins always getting..."
RoboticSilence said:
How are you youngins always getting beer?

Edit: Nevermind that's a dumb question. When I was 18, I had boozing buddies. Now that I'm 20 though it's worse.
???

I'm 24, mate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:31 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "If you think 20 is bad, wait til your..."
Man, I hated the 21st birthday expectations. Then there was my birthday, which always fell during finals. Four irritating birthdays in a row.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:53 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "??? I'm 24, mate."
Vollstrecker said:
???

I'm 24, mate.
Hand of Heaven.

gruesomeBODY said:
If you think 20 is bad, wait til your 21. Every other night is somebody's 21st and your expected to go out. Thank god that period in my life is over. I will say though, that drinking isnt what it use to be. By that i mean its not all about getting drunk anymore. Its about having a good time with close friends, or friends that you can be around when you want a drink. Get retarted on a regular basis loses its appeal when you can buy it legally. I guess thats why the Europeans have it right with the young drinking ages. Most study abroad students (at least at my school) can hold thier liquor and understand limits, unlike most American college students.
I already am not about "getting retarded/fucked up". I just like to relax and have a few with some friends or even family. I just want to be able to go buy a bottle of something to have around or get a few beers when I'm having a stressful day. It would be pretty damn annoying to have friends that just want to blackout all the time and I'm really not into the party scene.

To Hand of Heaven: Eight shots for a "decent buzz"? Holy hell boy, you have a serious tolerance. Eight shots and I'd be pretty damn drunk maybe even bobbing and weaving. I am 6'3" and 180lbs.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2007-07-30 at 01:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-07-30, 03:27 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Hand of Heaven. I already am not..."
I used to drink Corona but I've always been a fan of hard liquor. But theres this new energy drink that just came out with Lots of Caffiene and 8.0% Alocohol level. Its pretty fucking sweet, i think it was called titt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-07-30, 07:58 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Hand of Heaven. I already am not..."
RoboticSilence said:

I already am not about "getting retarded/fucked up". I just like to relax and have a few with some friends or even family. I just want to be able to go buy a bottle of something to have around or get a few beers when I'm having a stressful day. It would be pretty damn annoying to have friends that just want to blackout all the time and I'm really not into the party scene.
Well, then you fell into the right crowd early because my friends just want to get retarted. I use to be like that when i first entered college, but learned quickly that shit can really hit the fan when you are really messed up. I still drink with my friends, but im alot more cautious to my surroundings and how much i have been consumming. In reguards to drinking with family memebers, i think thats awesome. I drink with my family and its all very casual. Actually, i like drinking with them better sometimes then with friends because there is no pressures being pushed onto you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-30, 09:22 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Drinking a couple of Miller Chills, and..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Drinking a couple of Miller Chills, and they are a tasty light beer. Thanks to whoever mentioned/suggested it.
Told ya you'd like it!

Man, I need to hang out with you guys, then, cuz my friends are all about getting extremely wasted and blacking out. That's really fuckin pointless, if you ask me. I used to party all the time and now I've cut back a lot because I have a lot of responsibilities in my life now, but my friends still carry their immature ways and they expect me to follow suit. When I tell them no, they get all upset.. I about got in an altercation with a good friend of mine Saturday night. It was like 1:30 in the morning, I wanted to watch 300 and pass out, while he wanted to continue being loud as fuck and playing beer pong. That's not gonna fly, especially in MY house.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-30, 10:35 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Told ya you'd like it! Man, I need..."
I hate it when people can't just chill. One of my housemates in college used to blast (I'm talking top volume setting) various forms of southern rock from his room at 4am when he got wasted. I can't believe the neighbors never called the cops on us. It was pointless to try to stop him, though. The only thing he would respond to at that point was somebody turning down the volume, and his response was just turning it back up. He was catatonic, staring at his wall, singing along with Skynyrd. It was fucking creepy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-30, 02:59 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I hate it when people can't just chill...."
Beer pong is good. I'm really good once I get toasted. Lucky for me, I already have a party house lined up at college, and there are no neighbors nearby. Loud music, hear I come!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-30, 04:27 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I hate it when people can't just chill...."
I never liked the whole party scene and getting drunk myself, but then I'm not a social kind of person.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker