Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Post bone spirit question
Posted 2003-02-06, 08:05 AM
does bone spirit do some kind of stun or some thing similar to block lock?
just asking because i was dueling my friends sorc and he was using a staff and after i started to hit him with a line of bone spirits he could not do anything such as cast orb or even tele away..... So i thought i would just ask u guys if this is normal or not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-02-06, 09:23 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
yes this is normal
ur friend prolly doesnt have any/enough fhr cousing him to go in the recovery image and not getting out of it wich makes it that he cant move or do anything
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-02-06, 01:05 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
no it does not but EVERY skill that does damage has the chance to make the opponenet go through the hit recovery animation

bonespirit is not reduceable like dr resist or absorb..
it cannot be blocked it is magical damage (thats why bezerk does so much damage ...dr doesnt lower its damage)

the sorceress probably did not have enough mana to cast teleport and probably did infact have low enough hp so that she would go through the hit recovery animation
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-02-07, 08:05 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
what? i know that she did have enough mana to cast teleport but i didnt think that hp had anything to do with fhr..
so does it? also i have noticed that it does this to most people too so i believe you that it is the fact that they dont have enough fhr but i HAVEN'T noticed that hp has anything to do with it.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-02-07, 09:56 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
fhr has EVERYTHING to do with hp

the More hp you have the Fewer times you go through the hit recovery animation

in general more hp = less fhr required
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-02-10, 08:04 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
why? i mean why should it matter if u have 400 hp or 4000
i just dont get it becuase then that would mean that barbs would generaly not go through the animation.... right?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-02-10, 02:42 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
please try to pay attention tidus,

x=your hp
y=damage required to make your character go through the hit recovery animation

1/12*x=y

barbs/druids any character with generally 2000+ hp will not need as much fhr as a character with 1000>hp

this may help you decide how much faster hit recovery you need on your next character
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-02-11, 08:01 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
ok ty for that info i didnt know that 1/12x=y now it makes sense. because the less health u have the less damage it takes for u to go into the animation sequence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-02-11, 03:56 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
exactly!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-02-11, 04:12 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
yeah i didnt know this previously tho i am not sure how many ppl do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-06-19, 08:52 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
im get a little confused... is bone spirit magic damage or physical damge?? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sorata-Kun

Posted 2003-06-19, 09:16 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
It is magic damage...

Read...!

Apoq said:
bonespirit is not reduceable like dr resist or absorb..
it cannot be blocked it is magical damage

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-19, 09:39 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
Oh okay. Thanks and sorry about that... =/

Oh yeah. One more question... is there anything that can be used to enhance the damage of bone spirit besides putting in skill points and charms?? like an aura by pally or druid...??

Last edited by Sorata-Kun; 2003-06-19 at 09:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sorata-Kun

Posted 2003-06-19, 10:34 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
Lower Resist curse would work, not enhancing the BS damage, but lowering your opponent resistance to BS.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-19, 10:55 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
yes actually there is ONE type of item that can effectively (keyword) reduce magical (bezerk/bs) damage

safety crafted shield.
it can get up to 10% magic resist
alot of top nvn (necro v necro) duelers use shields like these

or 08 visceraunt/swordhold ? the exceptional spike shield -_- (30%frw/35%incr mana/50life)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-06-23, 03:41 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
Senesia said:
Lower Resist curse would work, not enhancing the BS damage, but lowering your opponent resistance to BS.
I don't get it. BS is magic, lower resist is elemental, so how would that lower their resist to it ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-23, 03:44 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
The skill DOES lower the magic resist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-06-23, 03:46 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
Lower Resist lowers your opponent's resistance to Magic, Poison, Fire, Cold, and Lightning.

Paladin's Conviction aura is the one that lowers only elemental.

Edit: 
Haha, seems like if I want to beat Mr.Lee in answering question, I should quit messing with color tag.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-06-23 at 03:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-23, 03:52 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"

Or write faster .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-07-17, 11:39 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "bone spirit question"
yea LR does lower magic resist, thats why necs use it.

**good nec strategy**

if its not a sorc that ur dueling, cast decreprify on em and launch about 15-20 bone spirits then cast lower res on em when the bs are about to hit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan