Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post ss or lidless
Posted 2003-10-02, 08:21 PM
I wanted to know which sheild would be best for a nova/orb sorc on hc. ss or lidless? lidless has the + to skill, cast rate and mana = more killing power but ss will keep me alive and stop me from chickening every act in a rush ><. I just want peoples opinions and their overall decision. Thx.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D2Fan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenD2Fan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

D2Fan

Posted 2003-10-02, 08:45 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
SS definitely you'll be much better off
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RaZ

Posted 2003-10-02, 09:11 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
depends i guess on how ur making it...personally i'd go with ss
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-10-02, 09:46 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
ss for sure, cuzz it will help you block mephs orb of lightning and in general will as you said prevent your char from chickening to often which will in the long run mean more runs=more items faster.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-10-03, 02:20 AM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
i adore ss(mine was!!! socked with a -15req 12 allresi gg)
another sorc of mine got a ist in lidless...

but if u got life probs and so, use ss, its safer, if u have do chicken every 2nd or 3rd time, its not funny...
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2003-10-03, 10:05 AM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
Well, SS. Because you're in HC, and...which script are you using? Some of them don't dodge very well against Meph, so you will have to use SS.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-03, 06:50 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
what would be the best shield for a pvp sorc? also ss?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-ice-

Posted 2003-10-03, 09:54 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
yes, id say so
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RaZ

Posted 2003-10-03, 11:01 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
Then it depends on your build and your style.
Whitstan's Guard requires lower strength and less dex to max Blocking.

Lidless has FCR and Skill points, it depends on whether or not you need those FCR for you to hit the next BP. However, it will require a lot of dex to max blocking with it, so most would go for no blocking sorc. (And not avoid getting hit.)

Stormshield, well, highest str, relatively high dex to wield and max block with, but the Lightning resist and DR say it all...

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-13, 01:31 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
Ss is a ton better!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
itsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenitsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

itsmetam

Posted 2003-10-20, 01:09 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
i just think thats the wrong folder for item questions .. dunno
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOtaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Otaku

Posted 2003-10-20, 01:24 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
Well, it started off as a borderline bot-related thread, but now it is more of a general which item is better thread.

For those who say SS is the best...it is not always true. SS has DR, Resist, but it also has a higher strength requirement, and it requires more dex than Whitstan's to max blocking.

Using SS will result in lower HP, but the DR can possibly make that up. But it also depends on your playing style, because as a sorc, you shouldn't get a lot of hits anyway. Therefore, in a FFA, most sorcs would go for SS or Whitstan's. However, when PDR is not needed, most will use Lidless instead.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-24, 07:40 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
Well I use a Luna Ryhme shield for my mf sorc but usually my second shield is the lidless cause I find them more and they seem to be cheaper to get than a SS. but if you got one than use it. (this is on softcore, don't have any hardcore players yet.)
]3lood]{rawller
Founder of the Krypticwarriors
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-10-25, 12:41 AM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
I use lidless for faster cast rate for pindle/mephbot.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-10-25, 12:47 AM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
This is for HC, so defense should be considered first.
SS with no doubt, and the fact that you are letting the Bot to do the runs, your sorc will be to have moderate tanking ability.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-25, 03:39 PM in reply to D2Fan's post "ss or lidless"
You cannot BLOCK elemental attacks with a shield, for one.

Get a whits guard, 2 p diamonds in it, you should be fine, also, use wizzy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`