Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Would decriminalization or legalization damper religion?
Posted 2009-11-04, 08:43 AM
Just one of my random thoughts of the day. I was just pondering legalization as a whole for the United States. Yes, our own country, the land of the free and home of the brave. The one country that claims to be completely free of religion (government separation). I feel a lot of people are religious because they are afraid of death. You can boil it down to that point from various angles, but that's all it comes down to in the end. The fear of death is perpetuated daily be the news, fear mongering, stereotypes, everything negative that is just natural human activity.

Anyways, my point is that if more people smoke and more peolpe smoke and eventually lets just say that 65-70% of the country starts smoking on somewhat of a regular basis. Will our nation's views on religion change? I would most definitely say that perspective would change, a spirituality would be reawoken in the nation that may have been caprtured a few times before, but maybe once again it can re-emerge.

Personally, smoking for the first time I had a spiritual awakenment that I've never had before, it was not too long after my grandfather died. At this time smoking opened a part of my curiousness about the world that I hadn't really ever experienced anymore. At this point in my life, my attitude definitely changed but not until more recently with more usage have I really come to understand the differences in attitude, and perspective.

Anyways, this brings me to another point. I would tend to think that religious circles could possibly already know this information, and may be a reason why they don't want people to 'expand their mind' because that would go against everything they've been teaching for the last couple hundred of years. If you break the mold and have a thought in your head that is actually your own, then their institution is jeopardized just that little much more. I think if we could legalize or atleast decriminalize mary jane, and over a decade or so the public's opinion on life and religion and the perspective of things around them could change greatly. Maybe.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-04, 03:30 PM in reply to D3V's post "Would decriminalization or legalization..."
Funny thing, really.
Jesus walked through a field of "something funny" and was feeling "dizzy" and he liked it.

Jesus did snorg.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-04, 10:26 PM in reply to D3V's post "Would decriminalization or legalization..."
I think the same thing more about gay marriage, especially with the whole fiasco in Maine.

But I don't really think it would damper religion. I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-11-05, 08:31 AM in reply to D3V's post "Would decriminalization or legalization..."
D3V said: [Goto]
The one country that claims to be completely free of religion
I'm assuming by this statement you've either never left the country or are assuming it is 1776?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-11-05, 08:41 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think the same thing more about gay..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
I think the same thing more about gay marriage, especially with the whole fiasco in Maine.

But I don't really think it would damper religion. I dunno.
My point is, I think as society, we're going to reach a point where religion will start being shunned widely in this country. My question, however, is would you think marijuana legalization would be a starting point of this? Have we already started?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-05, 03:08 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "My point is, I think as society, we're..."
Oh, whatever. If religion starts dying, I'll just convert again and have the priestess go on a "witch hunt" (even though trinitism uses magic).

By witch, I mean atheist. Allah hates them.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-05, 07:04 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I'm assuming by this statement you've..."
Agreed, lol. Outside the US, religious people are generally considered crazy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-11-05, 08:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed, lol. Outside the US, religious..."
Looks like it's time to run off and build giant robots...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-06, 09:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed, lol. Outside the US, religious..."
So how long before our country catches up?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-11-06, 03:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "So how long before our country catches..."
Long, long time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-11-06, 04:26 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Long, long time."
I'm feeling unusually patriotic, now...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-07, 12:06 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'm feeling unusually patriotic, now..."
Even if you have a spiritual experience,
chances are with more and more people
being born--nobody will have any privacy.
With the increasingly complex bullshit
and stupidity that people face everyday:
like the online forums, the ugly shopping
centers, the idiotic racism of likeminded
people--the room for having any spiritual
experience gets smaller and smaller.
Just think, all the stupidity of the
people you tolerate starts to form a
world waiting for some genius to blow it
up.

Last edited by Mdselctr; 2009-11-07 at 12:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-11-07, 12:13 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Even if you have a spiritual..."
Mdselctr, if you haven't seen Idiocracy, you need to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-11-07, 12:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Mdselctr, if you haven't seen..."
Obtaining.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-11-07, 02:25 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Obtaining."
You will enjoy it. It's both hilarious and depressing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-11-07, 02:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You will enjoy it. It's both hilarious..."
Welcome to CostCo, I love you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2009-11-07, 04:16 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Welcome to CostCo, I love you."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
Welcome to CostCo, I love you.
How absurdly ridiculous. However, do you
agree that there is any hope for humanity
at all? There's nothing keeping mankind
from making a terrible mistake toward a
future they can't foresee.
In retrospect, it's funny how relevant
K_A's recommendation was.

Last edited by Mdselctr; 2009-11-07 at 04:25 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-11-07, 05:14 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "How absurdly ridiculous. However, do..."
Fool! I am the hope for all humanity! I am the Nickel King!
I pulled the Nickel of Destiny from the Gum of Truth, and not I have the right to all human life! My greatness will pierce through the heavens, and I will show the world it's true meaning!!

Also, Obama is Hope we can Believe in. Apparently.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-24, 03:11 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "How absurdly ridiculous. However, do..."
You are correct, the only thing man has done since his inception has learned to kill one another. That's all we've really become good at.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-25, 09:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You are correct, the only thing man has..."
Don't forget masterbation~
Soembody push the f*ckin' nuke button.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai