Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Question Blizzard Next gen: Codename Hydra
Posted 2007-10-09, 07:09 AM
Another NEW 'rumor' floating around the 'net just in case any of you haven't heard about it yet.

Blizzard has leaked somewhat of information apparently, atleast the 'codename' of their next-gen MMO reported by Inquirer that overheard a conversation by some blizzard employees, here are the excerpts.

http://pc.qj.net/Rumorific-Blizzard-.../49/aid/102224

Inquirer said:
Speculation is trickling in from the recently concluded Austin Game Developers Conference, with this latest bit regarding the third mystery title that Blizzard may be working on.

According to the source, the information was picked up between two Blizzard employees at the event grounds, with one employee specifically stating that he worked on some project labelled "Hydra." It will be important to note that Starcraft II, prior to getting properly identified, was similarly codenamed "Medusa."

That's the all the information we've got at this point, and it's anybody's bet on what this third project could be. For my personal guess, it might be Diablo 3 - a detail further exemplified that World of Warcraft's Hydras bear three heads (yes, I'm overstepping my bounds a tad bit here). We invite the readers to voice out what this project might be.
It's basically up in the air if this is true, and if it means anything, I am somewhat skeptical because it's not as fun to get all hyped up about anything that may be released, UNTIL it is relased, Blizzard likes to play games with it's fans so this may very well just be another teaser, or maybe not.

The only thing I know of Hydra that rings a bell is
Those little bastards from Diablo 2, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with it, as being Starcraft 2 was codenamed Medusa, we'll see in time though.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 07:45 AM in reply to D3V's post "Blizzard Next gen: Codename Hydra"
Hydralisk was a unit of the Zerg army in SC. Learn the facts, noob.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-09, 08:43 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Hydralisk was a unit of the Zerg army..."
And there are hydras in WoW. The codename obviously has nothing to do with whatever game it's for(and it shouldn't, or else it would be a bad codename.)

My guess is Diablo 3, but I'm prepared to be disappointed again. I'm hoping Blizzard is pulling their heads out of their asses and realizing an enormous number of people want Diablo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 08:53 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And there are hydras in WoW. The..."
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if it was Diablo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if it was Diablo..."
On the main www.Blizzard.com website they are hiring a SHIT-load of MMO designers, develoeprs, artists, testers, Etc. They are vamping on their new project a few folds over, I hope they can produce another awesome videogame.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:09 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "On the main www.Blizzard.com website..."
WoW 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "WoW 2."
I don't see why they'd need to hire a whole new team for 'WoW 2', why not use the existing staff to improve on their old system and produce a new game. I'm thinking either a new game all together, or D3, either way I'm not going to care until I hear an official announcement.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:07 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I don't see why they'd need to hire a..."
Because, to keep their current customers, they have to continue developing content for WoW while they work on WoW 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:19 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Because, to keep their current..."
I suppose, it's just so hard to succomb to Blizzard's antics, but I suppose I don't blame them. This announcement is probably the Maelstrom expansion or something.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 06:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I suppose, it's just so hard to succomb..."
D3V said:
I suppose, it's just so hard to succomb to Blizzard's antics, but I suppose I don't blame them. This announcement is probably the Maelstrom expansion or something.
If it's another WoW expansion, I'm going to be fairly angry. I'm very interested in D3...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-09, 08:23 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If it's another WoW expansion, I'm..."
I think it would be very dumb for them to hire a completely new team for a new expansion when they're ALREADY working on the next expansion.

I suspect it's either a new project or not WoW related.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 08:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think it would be very dumb for them..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I think it would be very dumb for them to hire a completely new team for a new expansion when they're ALREADY working on the next expansion.
Good point, unless they're starting to race Guild Wars or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-10, 06:56 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Good point, unless they're starting to..."
More than likely we'll just have to wait around for an answer. I guess E3 is the next big thing coming up? Doubt they'd do it there, well I guess another 10 months for BlizzCon!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-23, 03:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "More than likely we'll just have to..."
They need to make Diablo 3 in the exact same way they made WoW. Cause that would be the shit... even if they kept the same story line and same acts, the graphix and gameplay would be so badass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-10-26, 05:02 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If it's another WoW expansion, I'm..."
Good ole days, eh steph?

Just better not raise the level cap to 120 ro some shit. I couldn't get past 95 -_-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-11-13, 02:02 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Good ole days, eh steph? Just better..."
I hit 99 once... thanks to Pindle Bot
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-11-13, 02:43 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I hit 99 once... thanks to Pindle Bot"
Wtf. How long did you run it.

baal runs couldnt get my hammerdin past lvl 95
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-11-13, 04:14 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Wtf. How long did you run it. baal..."
I ran it all night (8-10 hours) then woke up, checked it, emptied my inventory (if it found anything) then let it run for another 6-7 hours while im at school. Then I would get back from school, do baal runs or MF or whatever, and then put it on when I went back to sleepl. And repeat.

Back in the day when all I did was play d2 that is..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2007-11-19, 07:40 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I ran it all night (8-10 hours) then..."
I literally had a copy of Diablo 2 in my hands last night at walmart and walked around, and eventually said fuck it, 40 dollars for a 7 year old game is too much.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V