Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Dunno how many of you know
Posted 2011-10-09, 10:27 PM
Or have even heard about it, but there's a bill trying to make its ugly way through legislation in Mississippi called Prop 26. It'd ban abortions, make the sell of birth control and contraception illegal, and all "suspicious" miscarriages could lead to some legal trouble. Anyone else heard anything about it? Thoughts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-10-09, 10:31 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Dunno how many of you know"
It will never pass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-10-09, 10:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It will never pass."
That's what I'm thinking (and hoping for), but then again this IS Mississippi we're talking about. You'd be surprised how many people I've seen are planning to vote yes on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-10-09, 10:36 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Dunno how many of you know"
Education, not legislation, is the answer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-10-09, 10:38 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Education, not legislation, is the..."
That's something I say quite often. It makes more sense to educate people about safer sex practices and to let them know what options are there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2011-10-09, 10:50 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "That's something I say quite often. It..."
They might be able to ban abortion and pass laws to make "mysterious" miscarriages punishable, but they will never be able to ban all contraceptives. That would pose such an enormous health risk to society. They might be able to ban contraceptives that don't protect against STDs, like the birth control pill, but I highly doubt they would be able to ban all contraceptives.

WetWired said: [Goto]
I agree completely. And not just abstinence only education. That has been shown time and time again to be ineffective.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-10-09, 10:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They might be able to ban abortion and..."
I wouldn't be surprised to see them try. But I thought Roe v. Wade made it so abortion could not be made illegal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2011-10-10, 12:01 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I wouldn't be surprised to see them..."
It isn't quite that simple, but for the most part, yes. That doesn't stop them from making it highly restricted, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-10-10, 12:08 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It isn't quite that simple, but for the..."
Learn something new every day!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2011-10-10, 09:02 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Dunno how many of you know"
All girls over the age of 14 should be pregnant at least twice before graduation.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-10-13, 08:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Education, not legislation, is the..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Agreed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav