Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Who's the better villain?
Sephiroth 28 56.00%
Kuja 22 44.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)
Posted 2002-07-22, 10:00 AM
Who do you think is better.... Sephiroth, or Kuja(Kuja includes his Trance mode)? Vote vote vote!

btw, dont ask me if i could add "Both" on the poll cuz i would certainly not do that. The reason for this is so that we can tell who likes Seph and who likes Kuja, but wut we DONT want to know is if you like both of them or not.

Last edited by I)ark_Phoenix; 2002-07-22 at 10:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-07-22, 10:11 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Hmm.. Kuja. That whole "you need a soul to Trance" thing worked out just fine for him...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-07-22, 10:22 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Here is Sephroth~
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/FF7Kingdom/seph23.jpg

and here is Kuja...
http://www.angelfire.com/anime/catKOF/images/kuja11.jpg (Trance)

i thought these pics would help u a lil on voting cuz some ppl go by the character's looks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-07-23, 10:22 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Looks have NOTHING to do with it. Sephiroth has a long sword, and when Kuja trances he can blow up planets. NO CONTEST.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-07-23, 10:24 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
yea i like when he does Ultima... that was sweet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-23, 10:32 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
I loved that Ultima was exclusive to Kuja. It made the both Kuja and the spell that much more badass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-07-23, 10:34 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
too bad the last boss after kuja was pathetic =(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-23, 10:51 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Yeah, I wasn't a huge Necron fan. I don't like the final bosses that just come out of nowhere. Like Zeromus from FF4, and Ultimecia from FF8.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-07-23, 11:02 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
final bosses should have a reason.. and should look extremly big and baddass. necron looked cool but had no reason and was easy.. no in FFX the final boss is easy looks pathetic but has a reason... I went to see a final boss that is gigant... extremly hard... badass looking... and has a purpose to be the final boss.
you guys have any reccomendations for a game that qualifies?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-23, 11:17 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
That's a tall order, dude. Try Legend of Dragoon. That might be what you're looking for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-07-23, 11:18 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Have you tried Serious Sam yet?

Is a hundred story tall 6 armed giant put there to stop you from leaving Earth good enough?
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-07-23, 11:39 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Legend of Dragoon is an amazing game, you should try that out SYG...
and Ultimecia actually had a reason there... Ultimecia didnt just POP out of nowhere at the end... if u have been paying attention to the game during the actual gameplay, you should have seen some scenes where Rinoa stands there( at the end of the second disc after the fight against Edea) Ultimecia uses Rinoa and after that she leaves her body and make her go unconcious, she thought Rinoa could be the sorceress she was looking for and she was right... so Ultimecia is the creator of all the sorceresses and make them bad... there was a reason for Ultimecia to be there in the game... she wasnt just a boss that no on knew about until the end of the game... seriously if you dont remember start the game over and beat it again, ull be surprised... to sum it up, Ultimecia is there for a reason, Necron isnt at all... we never even know even a bit about him during the gameplay except at the end, Sephiroth i have no clue cuz i didnt beat the game yet and sin and Tidus's dad... well i think there is a reason for them.

btw, Raziel i just borrowed FF7 from a friend(HLomegasin)... im starting the game right now! and THEN ill see who i think is a better villain... so im not quite sure yet.

Last edited by I)ark_Phoenix; 2002-07-23 at 11:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-07-23, 12:03 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Quote:
Originally posted by I)ark_Pheonix
Legend of Dragoon is an amazing game, you should try that out SYG...
and Ultimecia actually had a reason there... Ultimecia didnt just POP out of nowhere at the end... if u have been paying attention to the game during the actual gameplay, you should have seen some scenes where Rinoa stands there( at the end of the second disc after the fight against Edea) Ultimecia uses Rinoa and after that she leaves her body and make her go unconcious, she thought Rinoa could be the sorceress she was looking for and she was right... so Ultimecia is the creator of all the sorceresses and make them bad... there was a reason for Ultimecia to be there in the game... she wasnt just a boss that no on knew about until the end of the game... seriously if you dont remember start the game over and beat it again, ull be surprised... to sum it up, Ultimecia is there for a reason, Necron isnt at all... we never even know even a bit about him during the gameplay except at the end, Sephiroth i have no clue cuz i didnt beat the game yet and sin and Tidus's dad... well i think there is a reason for them.

btw, Raziel i just borrowed FF7 from a friend(HLomegasin)... im starting the game right now! and THEN ill see who i think is a better villain... so im not quite sure yet.
sin isnt the last boss... i was referring to Yu Yevon

the little moogle sized boss that floats around and takes over the bodies of your Aeons
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-23, 12:06 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
I think Sephiroth was cooler looking and ALOT of people liked him as a favorite villian. I'm not sure if Sephiroth could beat Kuja though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-07-24, 07:30 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Quote:
Originally posted by Sum Yung Guy

sin isnt the last boss... i was referring to Yu Yevon

the little moogle sized boss that floats around and takes over the bodies of your Aeons
he isnt the last boss.... yes Yu Yevon IS but the guy who takes the form of ur aeons isnt... Yu Yevon made those fake aeons he isnt the fake aeon himself.

The last boss really disappointed me... unless u do 9999 per character, he would just heal 9999 HP and when one of ur character dies... everyone has Auto-life on because the "Fayth" gave them or something and never dies.... so the battle could go on forever the battle wasnt very fun... but the summoned beast battle was fun cuz i luv fighting just an aeon vs an aeon... sin(Tidus's dad, not the armor sin.) was really easy... cuz all u needed was Anima and Magus Sisters and attack away. He was really pathetic for a boss...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-07-24, 10:12 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
What I meant by Ultimecia coming out of nowhere is that she wasn't a very active villain. If you want to be technical, Zeromus had a good reason for being the last boss in FF4, but he didn't actually show up in the game until the very end, much like Ultimecia. I like active villains like Kefka and Kuja. The ones that keep fucking with you throughout the whole game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-07-24, 04:00 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
o right, now i get wut u mean... lol in FF7 im just on my way to the second boss... i barely played yesterday so i think im gonna go play a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-07-26, 11:13 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Sephiroth would win course...cause Kuja is just a wussed out sephiroth complete with poetic rambling and eye liner
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Double Edged is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDouble Edged is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Double Edged

Posted 2002-07-26, 11:33 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
nah kuja is example of looks can be deiciving... just cus sephiroth has cooler name and looks cooler doesnt mean hes more badass..... it would rock tho if kuja was a girl, that wouldve made him/her much more badass and less people would whine about kujas looks if kuja were girl
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-27, 09:40 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Edged
Sephiroth would win course...cause Kuja is just a wussed out sephiroth complete with poetic rambling and eye liner
i couldn't have put it better myself. Kuja is a fruitcake and would therefore lose. Sephiroth, on the other hand, was the first of the "bosses with feminine tone and streaky hair", so he was a fairly original creation, and his character had a much better explanation than kuja. Don't count kuja's ultima because it was just for cinematic effect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken