Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Athletes Vs. Nerds
Posted 2010-11-10, 12:15 PM
Read this quite a few years ago but never saw it in picture format.

Anyway:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nerds.jpg (125.6 KB, 15 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-11-10, 01:47 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Athletes Vs. Nerds"
the finish was amazing.
that's what she said.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-11-10, 02:38 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Athletes Vs. Nerds"
That is the most stupid comparison possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-10, 07:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That is the most stupid comparison..."
How is comparing an athlete's income to a nerd's income stupid?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-11-11, 10:21 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "How is comparing an athlete's income to..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
How is comparing an athlete's income to a nerd's income stupid?
Because you forgot to mention that the Nerd has to only make one good thing, while the athlete has to work constantly and becomes heavily injured over time.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-11, 02:01 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Because you forgot to mention that the..."
Hence the point...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2010-11-11, 03:09 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Hence the point..."
But there are hundreds of millions of nerds out there who will never in their lifetimes make as much money as Michael Jordan makes in a year. That is why it is a stupid comparison. You're comparing one single person to another single person, both of whom are extreme cases, and labeling it as "Athletes vs Nerds" as if the one case you are referring to is enough evidence to draw any sort of conclusion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-12, 07:50 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But there are hundreds of millions of..."
Quote:
But there are hundreds of millions of nerds out there who will never in their lifetimes make as much money as Michael Jordan makes in a year.
But there are hundreds of millions of athletes out there who will never in their lifetimes make as much money as Michael Jordan makes in a year.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-11-12, 08:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "But there are hundreds of millions of..."
Which just furthers the point that it's a stupid comparison. If you really wanted to compare Nerds to Athletes, you wouldn't use two special cases, you would use collective data.

Or just rename it to "Atypical Athlete vs. Atypical Nerd" to be accurate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-12, 08:34 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Which just furthers the point that it's..."
agreed. it's just an e-mail/forum forward picture though so no srs bizns hur

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-12, 10:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "agreed. it's just an e-mail/forum..."
Well it isn't funny, so it must either be serious or stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-12, 11:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well it isn't funny, so it must either..."

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-14, 05:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But there are hundreds of millions of..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
But there are hundreds of millions of nerds out there who will never in their lifetimes make as much money as Michael Jordan makes in a year. That is why it is a stupid comparison. You're comparing one single person to another single person, both of whom are extreme cases, and labeling it as "Athletes vs Nerds" as if the one case you are referring to is enough evidence to draw any sort of conclusion.
Well then let's shorten the numbers and act as if they're all the same common relation.
Jordan makes 100 points of awesome
Gates makes ... couple... thousand... oh God.
...nerd wins, no matter how many times you divide it.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-14, 08:35 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well then let's shorten the numbers and..."
Athletes are good at sports and athletic things, but outside of that their skills aren't necessarily useful for human life. I think nerds are just better equipped, in this day and age. Being physically fit is hardly a requirement and doesn't give as many advantages as being mentally fit. Basically, athletes will be better than nerds at sports, but nerds will probably be better than athletes at most other things.

Ultimately though I think you would have to figure out what metric is most useful for determining success. Humans essentially exist to reproduce, and athletes are probably more likely to reproduce more frequently. Then again, nerds are probably better equipped to raise children to be successful in this day and age.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-15, 06:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Athletes are good at sports and..."
And girls sure do like money.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-15, 06:48 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "And girls sure do like money."
In general, I'd say nerds make more money than athletes, though. Being a successful athlete is relatively difficult compared to being an engineer or doctor or something like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-15, 08:47 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Athletes are good at sports and..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Athletes are good at sports and athletic things, but outside of that their skills aren't necessarily useful for human life. I think nerds are just better equipped, in this day and age. Being physically fit is hardly a requirement and doesn't give as many advantages as being mentally fit. Basically, athletes will be better than nerds at sports, but nerds will probably be better than athletes at most other things.

Ultimately though I think you would have to figure out what metric is most useful for determining success. Humans essentially exist to reproduce, and athletes are probably more likely to reproduce more frequently. Then again, nerds are probably better equipped to raise children to be successful in this day and age.
One of my favorite Schools FSU (Florida State University) recently produced a Rhodes scholar, who actually went to school across the pond and this past season declared himself into the NFL draft and now plays NFL. So I guess he wins? His name is Myron Rolle, look him up.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-15, 02:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "One of my favorite Schools FSU (Florida..."
Why is the only measure of success monetary worth?

By this standard, some drug cartels are better human beings than you or I
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2010-11-15, 03:17 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Why is the only measure of success..."
Many athletes in general are giant fucking dicks, while nerds are people who get along, and are easy to get along with. My computer class is amazing, in terms of watching nerds flirt.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-15, 03:56 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Many athletes in general are giant..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Many athletes in general are giant fucking dicks, while nerds are people who get along, and are easy to get along with. My computer class is amazing, in terms of watching nerds flirt.
You are basing both of your opinions on very narrow views. I know plenty of nerds who are complete asshats, including myself. I would say nerds tend to be more introverted and hermit-like, and intelligence generally doesn't make people happier. Thus, "ignorance is bliss." The world is really ugly once you open your eyes to view it for what it is. I'm probably biased towards my own experience, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!