Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman, and His Airness -- Another Comeback?
Posted 2004-09-26, 12:12 PM
Recently, it has been reported that both Clyde Drexler and Dennis Rodman have been seen working out with the heat, both thinking about possibly coming back to the NBA. Also, speculation has it that Michael Jordan may be planning on joining Shaq and the Miami Heat. Will Mj get another championship ring?

Rodman, who is now 43, has been working out with the Denver Nuggets. He played in a pick-up game with them, but the game had to be cut short because Rodman had an ingrown toenail. The general manager of the Nuggets told Rodman he was welcome to return and practice at the Nuggets' facility once his injury has healed. Rodman's team described the workout as "informal." Rodman has not played any professional basketball since the 99-00 season where he had a short stint with the Dallas Mavericks.

Clyde Drexler, now 42, has also expressed interest in playing for the Denver Nuggets. According to recent news reports, Drexler said he could easily be talked into playing "about 10 minutes off the bench" as a backup shooting guard for the heat. Silly as it sounds, it might not be impossible. Barry Bonds is 40. Randy Johnson is 41. True, baseball is a completely different game than basketball, but I believe it can be done. Clyde may not be able to 'glide' like he used to in his prime, but he is probably a hell of a lot more intelligent basketball-wise than some of these young kids. Michael Jordan proved that intelligence alone can still make you a formidable basketball player.

Last week, rumors were flying around about Michael Jordan making yet another comeback. Apparently, he had been playing basketball like a "madman." Yesterday he denied that he was going to come back. He says he is staying retired. I think it's a good choice on his part. If he had come back, it might have tarnished his legacy, and playing with the Heat, behind Shaq, would almost definitely gurantee that he would lose his all time points-per-game leader title. Still, had he come back, which I believe he yet still may, he could still be a hell of a basketball player. Think about it. Shaq and Mj on the same team? Ungodly. We can only speculate. Just remember, he denied that he was going to come back for a long time just a few years ago when he actually did make a comeback.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-26, 10:20 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman, and His..."
Honestly, no matter what he does if he comes back or not will not tarnish his legacy one bit. I'm actually surprised you would even say that MJ..

This rumor was supposidly put to rest last week, and apparently most of the conversations that were said to have taken place were completely made up to form this story.. I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan back, but if I had to bet, I would bet he isn't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-26, 10:26 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Honestly, no matter what he does if he..."
Titusfied said:
Honestly, no matter what he does if he comes back or not will not tarnish his legacy one bit. I'm actually surprised you would even say that MJ..
Oh, trust me, there's nothing that you can do in my eyes to make Mj any less of a man. If he came back and didn't score a damn point it wouldn't matter to me. The only concern I have with him coming back is what other people will think of him. Right now, the majority of the people believe he is the greatest player to ever play the game. What if he lost his scoring title to Wilt? What if he came back and averaged 10 points a game? Would people still think the same? I'm afraid that his name won't inspire the same aww in kids 5 years from now as it did in me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-26, 10:47 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Oh, trust me, there's nothing that you..."
MJ is and always will be the man. Do i think he should come back? No. Not because of fans or critics. Hard to explain...but its like Roger Marris. He went out in style and in class. He didnt need to come back. Same with MJ. He is the man period. There is no need.

Now Dennis Rodman is a different story. I couldnt care less what he does.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-09-27, 01:22 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Oh, trust me, there's nothing that you..."
He's already tarnished, I don't think much of him after the wizards or whatever team that was he was on..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-09-27, 05:27 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "He's already tarnished, I don't think..."
That's because you know nothing about basketball. Hooray4Grav!

Anyway, MJ should definetely not come back. I remember when he played his last game at Conseco Fieldhouse(Pacer's court), everyone gave him a standing ovation; as well as other NBA arenas. People might boo him if he came back, you can only play good for so long. MJ is way passed his prime and I would like to remember him as he was on the Bulls, not for some rinky dink team where he plays for 5 mins. Yeah, it'd be cool but give it up, man. You were good. You made millions. You inspired people everywhere. You did your job. No need to risk ruining it by coming back.

By the way, I highly doubt all of those rumors had one bit of truth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-09-27, 05:43 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "That's because you know nothing about..."
I can't even spell basketball.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-09-27, 06:04 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "That's because you know nothing about..."
Thanatos said:
By the way, I highly doubt all of those rumors had one bit of truth.
http://www.canada.com/sports/basketb...1-d40ea1d3676a
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...407551,00.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-27, 06:20 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "http://www.canada.com/sports/basketball/..."
Canada.com? Lmao.

Bah, let Rodman come back and have his cocky ass handed to him numerous times. That'd make for great TV.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-09-27, 08:24 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman, and His..."
Why no posts about Clyde Drexler, guess he just isn't as popular. But anyway MJ has tarnished his lecagy a little bit, with the wizards. The Worm, could make for higher NBA ratings. I would personally like to see Clyde however.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-28, 01:03 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Why no posts about Clyde Drexler, guess..."
Clyde wasn't on the same caliber as MJ, and if MJ had a tough come around during his last endevour, what makes you think Drexler would even stand a half chance? That's probably why no one is bringing him up. All Rodman ever did was block the occassional shot and get boards. How hard is that to do again? Not nearly as hard as the other two's feat..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-10-04, 04:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Clyde wasn't on the same caliber as MJ,..."
I Dont Know Where You Got That From. That Will Never Happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zoolander41 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzoolander41 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zoolander41

Posted 2004-10-04, 05:28 PM in reply to zoolander41's post starting "I Dont Know Where You Got That From...."
Everytime you type in all caps god kills a kitten.

Rodman isn't that good a basketball player. He was a role player and he did his job well. His talents would be an accet to the Heat, but the Heat won't touch him. He is more trouble than its worth.

Last edited by kockblocker1; 2004-10-04 at 05:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:10 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Everytime you type in all caps god..."
Rodman wasn't that good?

Defensive Player of the Year (1990, '91); All-NBA Third Team (1992, '95); All-Defensive First Team (1989, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96); Two-time NBA All-Star (1990, '92).

Bull shit. Saying Dennis Rodman wasn't that good is like saying that Ben Wallace isn't that good, except this guy was better than Ben Wallace. This guy could be quite a player if he works hard.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2004-10-04 at 06:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:11 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Rodman wasn't that good? Defensive..."
Rodman wasn't that good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:12 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "He's already tarnished, I don't think..."
Grav on Mj...

GravitonSurge said:
He's already tarnished, I don't think much of him after the wizards or whatever team that was he was on..
Nothing more needs to be said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Grav on Mj... Nothing more needs..."
Are the wizards even a team?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:15 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Are the wizards even a team?"
GravitonSurge said:
Are the wizards even a team?
Yea ...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea ..."
Someone randomly started singing, quite loudy, rock out with your cock out in school today. Reminded me of you!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-04, 06:17 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Someone randomly started singing, quite..."
WHAT?!?! Why?

And how does a song that someone in school sings remind you of a guy you know over the internet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes