Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Paintball
Posted 2003-12-10, 11:47 PM
Howdy, I got another question everyone:

I am looking to start playing paintball, what are the good brands, what are the good qualities to look for in a gun, what are some terms I should know (game types, gun parts)

Thanks for any feedback

Oh, and I am looking in the 100-300 range
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-12-10, 11:49 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Tippmann is good from waht i hear.

http://www.xpaintball.com/restrigm98cu.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-11, 12:44 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Thanks, what custom thingers should I get though?

I might just buy an old Spyder gun from a buddy of mine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-12-11, 02:22 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
If it's sold in Wal-Mart, don't buy it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-11, 08:20 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
just make sure you are careful because it is possible to get hurt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-12-11, 12:55 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Only if your a pussy.

I've got a SPYDER Victor and it works fine, Its cheap, and you can still afford the other stuff your gonna need.

I reommend going to somewhere like (sports authority, etc) somewhere that sells paintball shit and Get a kit which includes stuff like, MASK, Gun, Possibly a tank.

Your gonna need a Mask, Tank, Gun of course, Clothes to play in, Paintball which cost about 23 bucks for 1000, a Hopper, Gloves, (poosible armor, like a dirtbike chestshield would work)

For gameplay you can either play Capture the flag, which is fun. 2 Flags opposite ends, your going to have to set up bunkers too... Fences, Sand plots, holes, etc.

You could play .. I guess, 'fox hunt' where you can send 1 - however many people to go and hide and you get a group to go find them, this game is harder than is sounds because they have the element of suprice. ---- I recommend playing in the woods, palmettos work great, lots of trees and brush.

Just start playing, get lots of people, and place to meet.

--Oh yeah, your going to need a squeege to clean out your barrel.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:37 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
JT is not a bad name either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-12-11, 07:10 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Spyders suck man go with tippman if you want to have a gun that will last more than 2 years. My 2 friends have spyders and their guns have already broken after going twice.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-11, 07:53 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Thats because they are idiots and don't know how to take care of them. Children like you and your friends shouldn't be playing with big boy toys.

jamesadin said:
jt isn't a bad name either
Yeah, me and my friends are going to enter a tournament and JT will be there, we might get a possible sponsorship.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-11, 10:28 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
D3V said:
you and your friends shouldn't be playing with big boy toys.
Yeah ok D3V whatever makes you feel better when you touch yourself at night.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-12, 02:02 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
No, what I said was your 'friends' don't take care of their guns.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-12, 09:50 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Zagggon your ruining my thread, die.

I think ima buy my friends gun, spyder, he says its pretty good, and i trust him, hes gonnag ive me a mask and stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-12-13, 12:52 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Yeah, might wanna try it first before you "trust" him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-13, 03:43 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
What kind of Spyder is it insolence?

If your going to spend big money on a Tippman, get an A5. Omg, thats one of the best guns I've ever used, its got lotsa options for firing, has the cyclone feed, is compact, and has some mods you can get for it.

But i'd just get the spyder.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-13, 05:57 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
dude, do fucking not rely on walmart guns because they suck ass, but they kind of hurt, my brother shot me in the back of the leg with one and left a big fuckin bruise. no matter what paintball gun you get it will hurt like shit, and like.. i think d3v said get the gear your you'll get pwned and torn
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-12-14, 11:53 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Yeah. Its painful to get shot with reg clothes on, welts/bruises.

Wal-mart guns are good for beginners/backup guns. If I had to get one i'd get a brass eagle pump gun because they're not too bad for goofin around.

When you get a gun for your primary wep, make sure its not pump, you need a semi auto, or one with burst or full auto.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-14, 02:41 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Yeah, I have a little semi-auto gun with a 9 oz tank. Hey, it gets the job done. And I just play with my friends in the fields anyways, so it doesnt really need to be uber-expensive. Its still real fun to play with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-12-14, 04:37 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Yeah it is real fun when you can play, sometimes its hard to organize. My 9 oz works ok, but I'm gonna get a 12 whenever I can remember to stop at the store and grab one.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-16, 05:58 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
In the $100-$300 range I'd suggest either a Tippman or a Spyder. I hear a lot of people complaining about Spyders, as you've already seen. If you do plan on getting a Spyder, or any new gun for that matter, read up on the type you're getting on paintball.com forums, etc. It's better to spend an extra $30 to get a better upgradable gun.

Gun maintenance:
If you want your gun to live a long time you should take care of it right? Would you drive your car 30,000 miles without oil? Doubt it. You should treat your gun the same way. You should buy a bottle of paintball oil from paintballgear.com, paintballgateway.com, etc. and read up on how to clean and oil it @ ottersccustoms.com.

General Upgrades:
CO2 used for paintballguns is in a liquid state in the tank. So when you fire your gun the liquid has to turn into a gas while entering the gun and this could cause fluctuations in pressure. This is why it's good to get a bottom line and expansion chamber if the gun doesn't already have one. A bottom line is basically a steel-braided hose that runs from your gun to the handle and you screw your tank in under the handle instead of directly into the gun.
An expansion chamber is exactly what it says. It is a chamber that lets the CO2 expand into a gas if it hasn't already before it enters the gun. Expansion chambers connect to the bottom line right before it connect to the gun. This creates a "foregrip" for the user to hold.

Also: a pressure regulator can help prevent spikes in your guns operating pressure. An Anti-siphon tank helps as well, as it prevents liquid CO2 from exiting the bottle. The regulator and anti-siphon tank really won't show much difference unless you play in a hot ass region so save your money.

Barrels:
One of the best upgrades you can get for your marker is a new barrel. Most of the stock barrels are loud, tend to break balls, and generally aren't very accurate compared to aftermarket ones. Some of the better barrels you can buy are Smart Parts, Lapco, Dye, and the Flatline barrels for Tippmans.

Mask:
This is by far THE BEST thing you can replace. Most newbie masks are single lenses, flemsy rubber, and don't circulate air well. Thermal lenses are double paned, like the windows in your house. This prevents them from fogging up as easily. Thus you won't have to be stupid and remove your goggles during a game to clean them resulting in any unnecessary injuries. Some of the favorite goggle brands among paintballers are Dye and V-Force.

I hope that covers most of the general stuff you need to might want to know about paintball crap. If there's anything I left out, PM me or email me @ rwilker450@aol.com :-p

Toodles Poodles
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2003-12-16, 09:53 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Paintball"
Yeah me and my friends go in the woods and wreak havoc on the birds and other wildlife out there. Its fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon