Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Bxr
Posted 2006-03-27, 11:23 AM
Does anybody know what this is? I read up on something that stated that BXRing is how the MLG gamers get so many kills during there games. From what i have read so far, its a way use the BR to get one shot kills, after beating them with the blunt end of your BR. Aparently, u melee the person, shot one round and then reload. If anybody knows of this, post here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-27, 11:57 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Bxr"
I have heard of a lot of people using the "boxing" control preset. I've never looked into it but people do claim it is more efficient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-27, 12:06 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I have heard of a lot of people using..."
Really what is that. Im just trying to understand this stuff so when i get back to playing then i can use it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-27, 12:23 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Really what is that. Im just trying to..."
Hmm, I've definitely noticed lately a lot of people using that combo of melee with the BR then one shot to kill me.. It pisses me off, but then again, I'm just not very good at melee's for some reason.

Now that I think about it, we should really play some custom games with no weapons and only melee's. That, and I also really want to start moving my Sensitivity higher up. I'm used to my new setting, and it feels slow now, so I gotta move up again. I'm only at a 4 right now though out of 10.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-03-27, 02:32 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hmm, I've definitely noticed lately a..."
Not sure what that is but we can work on if in custom games.
Mine is 6-10 i think.
Out in this cold hearted world is a warm sense that comes from only one. It is true cause his name states what kind of person he is. With honor comes glory and with glory comes GLORY GAMER
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
glory_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenglory_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

glory_gamer

Posted 2006-03-27, 03:28 PM in reply to glory_gamer's post starting "Not sure what that is but we can work..."
I still and always will use sensitivity of three. Any higher and I'm just not smooth anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-27, 03:45 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I still and always will use sensitivity..."
Im using a 6, it works well for the melee attacks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kenpo sensei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkenpo sensei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kenpo sensei

Posted 2006-03-27, 06:14 PM in reply to kenpo sensei's post starting "Im using a 6, it works well for the..."
ive been at a six now for three months and i love it. But i dont play as often as i like so it gets hard to practice and play so ill see when i get back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-28, 07:35 AM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I still and always will use sensitivity..."
Well, when I went to a 4 from a 3, it was odd for a little while, but now it just feels really slow again, so I'm gonna move it up. Like anything, it takes time to get used to and master. The higher sensitivity, the better you'll end up being, IMO. Maybe you're just an exception though Sue, because you own with a 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-03-28, 08:41 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, when I went to a 4 from a 3, it..."
yeah i know bxr setting i am pretty sure it just switches the grenade button with the melee button
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Petey35 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPetey35 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Petey35

Posted 2006-03-28, 09:15 AM in reply to Petey35's post starting "yeah i know bxr setting i am pretty..."
Oh wow, that is interesting.. That would definitely be an easier way to combo the melee in there. Anyone try this, or confirm that this is definitely what the BXR setting is?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2006-03-28, 10:57 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh wow, that is interesting.. That..."
I know I lack a little in the melee department using only a three, but 9 times out of 10 I back away from melee combat and force a gunfight because that's a stronger form of combat for me. Sometimes melee is unavoidable though. The only time I have noticed a 3 being to slow is when you try to jump down on somebody and they run under you and you have to completely 180. That's the only time I've actually felt at a disadvantage with a 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-28, 12:16 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I know I lack a little in the melee..."
Yea or if somebody is shotting behind you and by the time u turn around ur dead. At my six, i at least can hurt him a bit and hope a fellow teammate can get to him. At the level 10's, u can pretty much beat them
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-28, 12:25 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Yea or if somebody is shotting behind..."
Hopefully, I'll remember to up my sensitivity to a 5 the next time I play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2006-03-28, 02:54 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hopefully, I'll remember to up my..."
Going up to more than 5 hurts accuracy too much at long range IMO, and 9 time out of 10, if someone gets the jump on you from behind you are fucked by the time you turn around anyway and are almost better off just suicide grenading yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-28, 03:21 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Going up to more than 5 hurts accuracy..."
When I cranked mine up to a 6 or a 7, I just did a 360 and the bastard killed me anyway. I did however get a glimpse of the action as I was spinning around...I now play with mine at 4-5. Of course, I suck worse than Sue, so it propably wouldn't matter much anyway...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GutterMind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGutterMind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GutterMind

Posted 2006-03-28, 07:19 PM in reply to GutterMind's post starting "When I cranked mine up to a 6 or a 7, I..."
Well i have seen videos of guys actually turning around fast enough to kill the guy, whether he no scopes them, or shotguns them. It depends on how far away the guy si, but it isnt for everyone
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-29, 07:28 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Well i have seen videos of guys..."
I think I'm going to stick with mine on a 5. It's pretty fast, and the more used to it I get, the more accurate my BR will be long range. You are right though sue, my accuracy with BR is slightly off, because it's too sensitive. We'll see if I get better soon. If not, I can always move back down to 4 or 3, at which point my accuracy might be even better because it will seem so much less sensitive than if I never up'd it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2006-03-29, 08:51 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh wow, that is interesting.. That..."
yeah i am pretty sure that is it i will check tonight but i use to use it before i started playing online
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Petey35 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPetey35 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Petey35

Posted 2006-03-29, 09:08 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I think I'm going to stick with mine on..."
Exactly, jacking up your sensitivity will help in short combat situations due to the fact that you can turn faster, but the farther away the enemy is you are shooting at, the slower you need to be able to move the crosshairs. With high sensitivity, I find it hard to be accurate aiming at someone running perpendicular to me at a distance when I just need to slowly be moving my crosshair left to right. I get more kills from a distance than I do at short range and that is why I leave my sensitivity at 3. However, some of you guys might find that you ARE in short range situations more often, then yes, I advise you to experiment with your scroll speed because an increase might be good for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13