Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Xbox Live - New Packages and Pricing
Posted 2005-09-02, 12:33 AM
I thought you Xbox fans might like to see these. I don't know what the current Xbox Live prices and packages are, but here are those planned for the Xbox 360:

Quote:
12 Month Premium Gold Pack
* 12 month subscription for Xbox Live.
* A communicator headset for voice chat in games.
* Free Xbox Live arcade game called Billiards.
* $20 discount on the next games purchase.
* 200 points for the Xbox Live marketplace!
Estimated Price: US$69.99

12 Month Gold Card
* 12 month subscription for Xbox Live.
* 1 month of Xbox Live free.
Estimated Price: US$59.99

3 Month Premium Gold Pack
* 3 month subscription for Xbox Live.
* A communicator headset for voice chat in games.
* Free Xbox Live arcade game called Joust.
* $10 discount on the next games purchase.
* 100 points for the Xbox Live marketplace!
Estimated Price: US$39.99

3 Month Gold Card
* 3 month subscription for Xbox Live.
Estimated Price: US$19.99

1 Month Gold Card
* 1 month subscription for Xbox Live.
Estimated Price: US$7.99
Taken as always, from www.ps3portal.com, the whole article can be found at: http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=article&article=174
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-02, 06:24 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Xbox Live - New Packages and Pricing"
Interesting. What is the XBox Live marketplace all about though? I'd definitely go with the Premium Gold Package. Also, do you know if I have a Live account now, will it work on 360, or do I have to get a new account?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-09-02, 09:01 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Interesting. What is the XBox Live..."
Eeeek, so many questions! All the answers will probably end up being bits taken from the article.

Quote:
Also, do you know if I have a Live account now, will it work on 360, or do I have to get a new account?
Ever since E3, Microsoft has been shouting in our ears that consumers with existing Live accounts can seamlessly transfer them onto Xbox360.

Quote:
What is the XBox Live marketplace all about though?
Xbox Live Marketplace: Keep your favorite games fresh with instant access to new content. Xbox Live Marketplace is a one-stop shop to download new game trailers, demos, and episodic content, plus new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, and more. Accessible to everyone who establishes a broadband connection with their Xbox 360, Xbox Live Marketplace lets you personalize and extend your experience, on demand.

(That answer is taken from http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm)

Oh, I thought you had a couple of other questions. My bad.

I'm not the greatest guy to ask about things concerning Xbox 360. I know absoulutely nothing about most of the accessories and what not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-02, 09:29 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Eeeek, so many questions! All the..."
I'd do my own research, but most of the sites that supply 360 information is blocked on my work computer. Thanks for the answers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-09-02, 11:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Xbox Live - New Packages and Pricing"
Yea, that's not too bad, although I will never get live(prolly not) since im too busy paying for otehr things.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-09-02, 11:44 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Yea, that's not too bad, although I..."
It's dirt cheap.. It's like $0.17 a day to play Live..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2005-09-02, 12:45 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "It's dirt cheap.. It's like $0.17 a..."
Yea, but I also need an xbox, plus I have to pay for a bunch of hockey equipment, ex: Goalie Stick - $100, player skates(taking ref course) -$200+(estimate) than of course the ref pants and jersey(around $100. It all adds up very quickly. I don't have a job besides referereing soccer and soon to be hockey. You see my point. I need this money for University next year as well.
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-09-02, 01:45 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Yea, but I also need an xbox, plus I..."
Hockey would be fun as hell to play. We don't have any teams or anything near here and I've only actually been ice skating like 3 times. This area blows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-09-02, 11:45 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Hockey would be fun as hell to play. We..."
You have to have Wi-Fi with your 360, correct?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2005-09-03, 05:03 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "You have to have Wi-Fi with your 360,..."
No no, I have read on sites that they are including an ethernet port. No way they could make you have to use wi-fi. Do some more research, there are plenty of sites out there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original Sin

Posted 2005-09-03, 09:40 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "No no, I have read on sites that they..."
Original Sin said:
No no, I have read on sites that they are including an ethernet port. No way they could make you have to use wi-fi. Do some more research, there are plenty of sites out there.
In my EGM magazine I remember reading that there would only be wi-fi built into it, they can't just toss an adapter on there. You'd have to get the 399 package with a router. If you don't you're still stuck with a wireless only adaptable package.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2005-09-04, 06:58 AM in reply to Afroman's post starting "In my EGM magazine I remember reading..."
You don't have to have it all wireless, you can have wires. Wireless is just an extra.

Anyway, you'd be kinda stupid to not go for the $399 package. The $299 one is just your absolute basic things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-10, 08:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You don't have to have it all wireless,..."
Lenny said:
You don't have to have it all wireless, you can have wires. Wireless is just an extra.

Anyway, you'd be kinda stupid to not go for the $399 package. The $299 one is just your absolute basic things.
I'am too lazy to look so whats the diff in the 399 and 299 packages?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2005-09-10, 09:26 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "I'am too lazy to look so whats the diff..."
A lot:
ps3portal.com said:
Today at the Leipzig Gaming Convention, Microsoft has announced that their latest Xbox360 console will be released in two versions. "Xbox 360 Core System" directed at the mainstream audience and the premium "Xbox360" at the hardcore fanbase. The consoles will be sold at a price of $299 and $399, respectively.

"The Xbox360 Core System" will not include the much anticipated 20GB hard disk drive. Instead the $299 core system owners will receive a wired controller (sorry, no wireless here), a detachable faceplate, A/V cables and Xbox Live Silver membership.

"The Xbox360" or lets call it the premium $399 version of the new Xbox will include the 20GB hard disk as a standard and bundles with a wireless controller. Other luxuries of owning this pricey Xbox are getting a limited time offer remote control, Wireless Xbox Live headset, High-Definition A/V cables, an Ethernet cable, detachable faceplate and Xbox Live Silver membership.

Speaking with the press, corporate vice president, Peter Moore emphasised that the Xbox360 console is slated for a simultaneous release in North America, Europe and Japan.

Here is a list of Xbox360 accessories that can be purchased seperately at the time of launch.

* Face Plate ($19.99 / 19.99 Euros / 14.99 pounds)
* 20GB Hard Drive ($99.99 / 99.99 Euros / 69.99 pounds)
* 64MB Memory Unit ($39.99 / 34.99 Euros / 22.99 pounds)
* Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99 / 79.99 Euros / 59.99 pounds)
* Wireless Controller ($49.99 / 44.99 Euros / 32.99 pounds)
* Play and Charge Kit ($19.99 / 19.99 Euros / 14.99 pounds)
* Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99 / 14.99 Euros / 9.99 pounds)
* Wired Controller ($39.99 / 34.99 Euros / 24.99 pounds)
* Headset ($19.99 / 19.99 Euros / 14.99 pounds)
* Universal Media Remote ($29.99 / 29.99 Euros / 19.99 pounds)
* Component HD AV Cable ($39.99 / 29.99 Euros / 19.99 pounds)
* S-Video AV Cable (US) or SCART AV Cable (Europe) ($29.99 / 24.99 Euros / 17.99 pounds)
* VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99 / 29.99 Euros / 19.99 pounds)

So far there has been no annoucement regarding the launch titles for any territory. We'll bring you more news once more updates are disclosed.
www.ps3portal.com

this is a thread on it in Gen. Gam.- http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37356&page=1

The 299 one is a complete rip off since it would cost you more than $100 to get all the accessories the 399 one has.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original Sin