Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2009-10-02, 09:46 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "The funny thing is, I can actually see..."
+5 on your efforts.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-08, 07:54 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "XBOX 360 Red Ring Death"
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
Hey, I know I ain't been on in a long time... like forever... but that's due to lots of personal issues. One thing that kinda sucked, but wasn't a major reason for my leaving here, is my 360 got the Red Ring of Death back in March or April. After, well I fixed it on Sept. 24, so from let's say mid April until that day, it was sitting in my room... o_o Yeah...

Anyways, I fixed it by using the penny method (wrapping 2 pennies in electrical tape and replacing the "band-aid" things with them, followed by wrapping it with the towel for a minute) and so far so good! Although, it wasn't reading the discs, so I had to take it apart again and hit the motor in the disc drive with WD-40 so it would work... for another month at least, until I gotta do that again...

Anywho, Just wondering if anyone else here has tried any methods like this to fix the Red Ring of Death and what not... I know SYG, I think it was, chucked his across the room, and he discovered that that method doesn't fix it...

I absolutely hate missing threads like this. 6-days since the last post, eh, not like I'm reviving the thread from the dead.

Just figured I'd mention that doing the method mentioned by Draco2003 is absolutely foolish. All it does is overheat the system to break the internal thermometer to trick it into thinking that it's not overheating. The problem with doing that is that you start doing serious damage to the internal hardware when you heat it up that much. The only way to really fix it is either send it to Microsoft (if you really don't know what the fuck you're doing) or pay $10 or so to get some thermal paste and follow this guide which is how I fixed mine. http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-...ithout-towels/

Mine has been working for over a year since it happened. Only took me an hour or so to fix it. Never had to screw with it again.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-10-08, 08:21 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I absolutely hate missing threads like..."
Thermal paste is the shit. You can fix a good deal of overheating issues with electronics when used correctly.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-08, 09:28 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I absolutely hate missing threads like..."
I recommend Arctic Silver 5.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy