Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2005-06-11, 02:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "There is nothing wrong with the..."
Quote:
Zelda better pull gamecube out of the fucking rut that it is in right now or they're screwed.
Rut? Nintendo is the most successful software publisher in thw world. They turn a constant profit every year (except for 2003, in which they reported their only yearly loss in history), whereas Microsoft has lost a few billion dollars in their videogame sector in just this generation. Nintendo makes a continuous profit on hardware sales, even priced at $100, while Sony and Microsoft lose several hundred on every console they manufacture. On top of that, Nintendo is in ownership of the most successful series of gaming hardware ever produced (that being the Gameboy), as well as having no debts and several-billion dollars worth of free assets. How is that a rut? Nintendo is doing spectacularly, regardless of the fact that their global installed userbase is a fraction of Sony's. Not to mention the fact that Microsoft is slowly stealing chunks of Sony's userbase, and has more money than God with which to overcome them. Nintendo is doing exactly what they need to be. They don't have the resources to compete directly with Sony or Microsoft, so they let the big dogs tear each other apart while they attack new markets and steal untapped profits away from the other two. Nintendo is is no sort of "rut."

And I haven't been flaming you. If I typed up a post that consisted entirely of attacking you and calling you names, that would be one thing. However, my posts have been intelligent deconstructions of your idiotic statements, with a little bit of name-calling thrown in. There's a difference between flaming and arguing. I've been doing the latter in a very brusque manner. Don't like it? Eat a bag of dicks. Nobody fucking cares what you have to complain about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-11, 02:35 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Rut? Nintendo is the most successful..."
Raziel said:
They don't have the resources to compete directly with Sony or Microsoft, so they let the big dogs tear each other apart while they attack new markets and steal untapped profits away from the other two. Nintendo is is no sort of "rut."
They don't have the resources? They've only been the leading gaming console for 18 years they shouldn't have any issues with resources. The new markets? What children being born? I mean it's relatively easy to pop out two more pokemon games every year, and another mario party, and I guess you'd be set, gotta love Parents/christmas time, Nintendo's biggest earning period.

Raziel said:
even priced at $100, while Sony and Microsoft lose several hundred on every console they manufacture
Wow that's a load of shit, if you could please find me some charts / statistics (not from www.nintendo.com) showing their global earning of the past few years, please share with the community, because that sounds alot like a load of horse shit. DO you even have any idea how much it costs to slap together a PS2 / Xbox? I'm guessing around 50-70 dollars, and since they are so dominant and have uber resources, they lose no money, please give me some facts bitch, and quit posting all of this lying ass bullshit. Calling me an ignorant fuck.

People only listen to you because you try to the point if somebody doesn't giggle or golfclap at it they'd feel bad for you. If anyone is the fanboy, Raziel, it'd be you. No go save your pennies for a new version of Mario Party and a Gamecube in a bigger case.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-06-11, 03:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "They don't have the resources? They've..."
D3V said:
They don't have the resources? They've only been the leading gaming console for 18 years they shouldn't have any issues with resources.
They don't have a hundred-billion-dollar computer corporation to fall back on, and they're not the leading manufacturer of consumer electronics either, numbnuts. They make videogames, and that's it. Their competitors have the Windows and Sony Electronics empires to fall back on. How in the name of God do you just forget about that, you warbling blob-tard?

Quote:
The new markets?
People who don't play videogames normally. Sony and Microsoft continue to sell only to teen/20-year-old males, while Nintendo is aiming to make money off of the children, women and older consumer markets, all of which combined form a much larger piece of the world population than high school boys do, D3V.

Quote:
Wow that's a load of shit, if you could please find me some charts / statistics (not from www.nintendo.com) showing their global earning of the past few years, please share with the community, because that sounds alot like a load of horse shit. DO you even have any idea how much it costs to slap together a PS2 / Xbox? I'm guessing around 50-70 dollars, and since they are so dominant and have uber resources, they lose no money, please give me some facts bitch, and quit posting all of this lying ass bullshit. Calling me an ignorant fuck.
For earnings, look at NPD numbers, jackass. They don't lie. None of this is secret information. It's widely reported and fully accessible to the public. You want the proof, go find it yourself. www.npd.com

As for console costs, it's widely known that Microsoft's console costs around 700 bucks per unit because it's made of expensive, off-the-shelf PC parts. However, the individual unit cost is not only derived from manufacturing costs, but in design, distribution and a few other factors that determine the overall cost of each individual unit. Search IGN or Gamespot and have a ball looking for the individual costs of the production of each console Sony and Microsoft make. They've been losing money on the XBox and PS2 since the beginning of the generation, and this is a widely known fact. It's simply a concession of being a console developer. You lose a lot of money on the console, but you make up for it by screwing the customer on game costs. The fact that you even dispute this, after having been an established fact since the dawn of the videogames industry is staggering.

In regards to Nintendo's profit on hardware, search IGN Cube for articles. I'm not about to spend an hour on dial-up looking through old Mailbags for the information you want. Again, this is widely known to be true, and IGN (the most successful, reputable and sizeable source for videogame news online) has reported this several times. Go look for yourself. I'd recommend even looking through the boards. You'll find this same argument echoed constantly, because it's the truth. Here's somewhere to start, if you feel so inclined:

http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?to...cribersendto=1

Quote:
People only listen to you because you try to the point if somebody doesn't giggle or golfclap at it they'd feel bad for you.
People listen to me because I'm an intelligent, capable, respected member of the community. You, on the other hand, are a racist pig that gets off on talking constant shit about a videogame company. People listen to me because I'm awesome, people hate you because you are the textbook definition of "suck."

Last edited by Raziel; 2005-06-11 at 03:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-11, 06:02 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "They don't have a..."
Just one thing, you say that as a company, you lose a lot money on the consoles but than said that NIntendo doesn't.

"You lose a lot of money on the console..." but than then you make it sound like Nintendo doesn't, which is it?

(I'm not backing up D3V, just asking. No bone to pick here)
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-06-11, 10:11 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "They don't have a..."
Wait, I've already seen this movie...Raziel wins.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-06-11, 11:44 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Wait, I've already seen this..."
Thanks for spoiling it...:P

A nice quote I remember, arguing with Raziel is like slapping a cruise missile.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-11, 01:01 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Just one thing, you say that as a..."
The standard is that usually, all console makers lose a chunk of cash on the hardware, but make up for it in software sales. Nintendo started this generation out by making a console that, against the norm, was cheap enough to manufacture that they could actually make money off the hardware sales. There aren't any official reports or charts or sales graphs to consult, because videogame companies don't usually release that sort of information. Hardware analysts figure out exactly how much each piece of the hardware would cost to manufacture and they create an estimate based on this. The videogames industry was generally under the belief that up until they dropped the GCN price to $100, Nintendo was actually making cash on hardware sales. Whether or not they're still making a profit at this lowest price is anyone's guess, but nobody has come forth to settle the argument one way or another.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-11, 04:14 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "The standard is that usually, all..."
Aight, that clears it up easily. Just gotta be nice and you get a straight up answer. At $100, they must be on the line of no profit though, but maybe it only cost them $75 to make. We will never know unless Nintendo says something. Oh well.
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-06-11, 04:32 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Aight, that clears it up easily. Just..."
If it only costs them 75 bucks to make one, it's gonna suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-06-11, 04:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If it only costs them 75 bucks to make..."
I was refering to the Gamecube's price. Sorry for the confusion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original Sin

Posted 2005-06-11, 06:16 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "I was refering to the Gamecube's price...."
yeah nintendo is the leading hand held seller. Sony's PSP if you ask me is more of a Multimedia client than truely a handheld game station. I mean the PSP is basically a PDA on Steriods.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-06-12, 02:16 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "yeah nintendo is the leading hand held..."
Well, whether the PSP is a PDA on steroids or the second-coming of Jesus doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has the Gameboy to rely on, and its been a cash cow since 1989.

And I wouldn't say the PSP is a PDA on steroids. The DS is a PDA on steroids. It's the one with the touchscreen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-12, 04:12 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, whether the PSP is a PDA on..."
Raziel said:
Well, whether the PSP is a PDA on steroids or the second-coming of Jesus doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has the Gameboy to rely on, and its been a cash cow since 1989.

And I wouldn't say the PSP is a PDA on steroids. The DS is a PDA on steroids. It's the one with the touchscreen.

You should never, ever compare a DS to a PDA. ALL it can do is play the shitty 2-bit games that come with the DS. A touch screen, wow. MY register at work has a touch-screen, does that make it a PDA also? Your 'DS' couldn't handle an OS, on the other hand, the PSP could, and is doing that right at this very instant.

Revolution will probably be stopped in the middle of production as Nintendo rerolls.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-06-12, 09:17 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Why do you think that Nintendo releases..."
I hate that game. I thought it was terrible, stupid Gamestop, I returned it the next day and I only got like 20 bucks back. I'd rather just play Mario Kart64.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-06-12, 10:32 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You should never, ever compare a DS to..."
Honestly just stop posting here, you're just digging a hole to now wheres on yourself. What kind of loser sits on a forum arguing about how crappy a system, that has only had a few images and some minor specs released, and continue to say the company sucks. The Rev. will do fine, theDS is doing great(as much as I want to get a PSP, the DS is great too), stop trying to make yourself sound smart, you're failling at this horribly.

Take your anti-Nintendo ass somewheres else you corporate bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original Sin

Posted 2005-06-12, 03:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You should never, ever compare a DS to..."
Not anti-Nintendo at all, are you, D3V? Man, you are such a joke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-13, 07:50 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Not anti-Nintendo at all, are you, D3V?..."
Yo man I don't like nintendo cuz you can't get no fun games on that shit, i'm buying all three though when they hit the streets. I'ma have all them bitches up in muh housee.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ludacris is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLudacris is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ludacris

Posted 2005-06-13, 08:17 AM in reply to Ludacris's post starting "Yo man I don't like nintendo cuz you..."
who the fuck is that? Another uneducated tool in the field of video games and consoles.

Nintendo is doing just fine, plus they do havee resident evil games which clearly means it's not just a "kiddy console" but what that tells me is your way to concerned about your masculinity. You put don a console because it's small and has less violent games than otehrs, god I can't stand any of you. Remember the old Mario games, those are still 90% better than a lot of games out now and they are simple 2D non graphic games. It's not all about blood and gore, it's about quality.

Don't reply if your going to utter bullshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original Sin

Posted 2005-06-13, 04:26 PM in reply to Ludacris's post starting "Yo man I don't like nintendo cuz you..."
Ludacris = Zonalon?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-06-13, 06:42 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Ludacris = Zonalon?"
No, it's D3v.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav