Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2005-06-06, 09:59 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Semantics. You two knew exactly what I..."
i also dont think anyone was being serious just making some smart ass comments.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-06-06, 10:38 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i also dont think anyone was being..."
Yeah. I'm interested in a revolution, but may wait for price to go down, even if it might be low.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-06, 10:52 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "well i personally like the idea of it..."
tidus2005 said:
And the whole downloading games is the sweetest thing i have ever heard of as far as console gaming in a long ass time. I meand dam i still have my NES and still occasionally play it but it is getting old and sometimes i have to mess with it to get it to start games.
I download old arcade games for my xbox sometimes, its called X-Box live Arcade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-06-07, 08:42 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Semantics. You two knew exactly what I..."
This is not a semantic nuance; your use of the phrase "backwards compatable" was fundementally incorrect: the system does not provide ANY method of using your existing game collection from all previous systems on your new system. It is only backwards compatable with GCN, maybe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-06-07, 10:51 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "This is not a semantic nuance; your use..."
The problem with the Revolution is that they are going to have to price it around 100 dollars to compete with the other two, (The Xbox is 299 and the ps3 is rumored at 399 I believe.)

I mean there hasn't really been any details of the REVOLUTION released to the public yet.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-06-07, 10:56 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "The problem with the Revolution is that..."
399 dollars??!

Sweet!!! That's only 220 GBP......

I'd've thought the PS3 would be much more expensive...

Ah well...

----------

Only a hundred dollars eh...that's what, about £55-£60??

That's pretty cheap...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-07, 10:59 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "399 dollars??! Sweet!!! That's only..."
It needs to be that cheap, i'm guessing they'll let it out around 149.99 like they did last time.

Xbox360 comes out in a few months without another version of halo and no backwards compatibility without purchasing the software for it, they are fucked.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-06-07, 11:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It needs to be that cheap, i'm guessing..."
Haven't they said they're gonna release Halo 3 when the PS3 comes out??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-07, 01:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Haven't they said they're gonna release..."
Lenny said:
Haven't they said they're gonna release Halo 3 when the PS3 comes out??
Regardless of that, it'll still be a wait for Halo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-08, 09:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It needs to be that cheap, i'm guessing..."
He doesnt know what the hell he's talkin about. He's just anti nintendo, so of course all his opinions are going to be biast, it doesnt matter if Nintendo released a VR system integraded into the Revolution. It would still be crap to him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-06-08, 10:14 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "He doesnt know what the hell he's..."
lol i remember the Virtual Boy wow talk about a flop that was a bad thing for nintendo to do.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-06-08, 02:07 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "This is not a semantic nuance; your use..."
It was quicker than typing "The Revolution will be backards compatible with the GCN and will be capable of playing games from almost every other Nintendo home console previous." It's already been said several times in this thread that those games would be played via download, and my need to reiterate said statement would have been redundant. You knew what I meant, you're just being a picky nerd. Simmer down, Robocop.

D3V said:
The problem with the Revolution is that they are going to have to price it around 100 dollars to compete with the other two, (The Xbox is 299 and the ps3 is rumored at 399 I believe.)
That's supposed to be a bad thing? If they launch the Rev at $100 a pop, I'll buy two. You're bragging about paying over $400 for a console? You're a fucking moron!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-08, 02:10 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It was quicker than typing "The..."
Raziel said:
That's supposed to be a bad thing? If they launch the Rev at $100 a pop, I'll buy two. You're bragging about paying over $400 for a console? You're a fucking moron!
Agreed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-06-08, 08:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed."
That price is why people wait to purchase consoles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-09, 02:42 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It was quicker than typing "The..."
Raziel said:
It was quicker than typing "The Revolution will be backards compatible with the GCN and will be capable of playing games from almost every other Nintendo home console previous." It's already been said several times in this thread that those games would be played via download, and my need to reiterate said statement would have been redundant. You knew what I meant, you're just being a picky nerd. Simmer down, Robocop.

I woudn't be backing a system with no released information yet, all it has is a new case and a new name, no specs, no game lineups, company notes, expected price, nothing. The PS3 is rumored to have a DVD burner built in. If the system comes out at 400, no I will not get one right away, i'll wait for it to drop around 250.

I'm not anti-nintendo at all, they used to be the fucking shit, they and sega paved the way for all gaming systems. I just feel that their games have dropped off alot as they've stayed with the kiddie-type games (all 15 of the Mario Party games, whatever, theres nothing even to really highlight.) I think they should do like sega did and just make good games for everyone else.

And no, I said if they even want to sell any systems they are going to have to release it at 99, which they won't, they can't afford it. $150-$200 will be their release price. Bragging about buying two systems (especially the REVOLUTION would make you a moron. OMG I CAN PLAY MARIO PARTY 23 ON TWO TEEVEES.

Edit: Bahaha read this http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9389

Looks like you've gotta pay to play Mario Land 2. Owned. No free downloads for you, unless you just wanna play for 15 minutes.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2005-06-09, 10:01 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I woudn't be backing a system with no..."
Ever heard of a little thing called an emulator??

Or a pc??

Or a download-the-emulator-and-the-game-and-play-on-the-pc??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-09, 01:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I woudn't be backing a system with no..."
Why do you think that Nintendo releases so many 'kiddie' games? Games aren't entirely aimed at people from ages 15-25. Mario games are a staple of Nintendo, and many of them have so much free time and they drool when they see a commercial for the new Mario Party or a Spongebob Squarepants game. PS2 doesn't really have a staple character, nor does XBOX. One of the best games on Gamecube, no matter what age you are, is Mario Kart: Double Dash. I could play that for hours on end with people day after day. Quit being such a fucking prick, and thinking that Nintendo is just 'kiddie'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-09, 06:10 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I woudn't be backing a system with no..."
D3V said:
I woudn't be backing a system with no released information yet, all it has is a new case and a new name, no specs, no game lineups, company notes, expected price, nothing. The PS3 is rumored to have a DVD burner built in. If the system comes out at 400, no I will not get one right away, i'll wait for it to drop around 250.
Yet you have no problems attacking a console with no released information. You are such a fucking moron.

Quote:
I'm not anti-nintendo at all
You have got to be kidding me.

Quote:
I just feel that their games have dropped off alot as they've stayed with the kiddie-type games (all 15 of the Mario Party games, whatever, theres nothing even to really highlight.) I think they should do like sega did and just make good games for everyone else.
Wait, wait, wait. You think that Nintendo's problem is that their games are too child-oriented, yet you think it would be in their best interests to stop making consoles and just focus entirely on the games? The games you hate because they're too child-oriented? You are such a fucking moron.

Quote:
And no, I said if they even want to sell any systems they are going to have to release it at 99, which they won't, they can't afford it.
Can't afford it? Are you aware that Nintendo sits on about 8 billion dollars of liquid capital, half as much in investments and stock, and they have absolutely no debt to worry about? They could afford to buy out Capcom, Konami and Sega without it even making a dent. They were able to afford setting the GCN at $100, and they're still making a profit on hardware sales. You are such a fucking moron.

Quote:
$150-$200 will be their release price. Bragging about buying two systems (especially the REVOLUTION would make you a moron. OMG I CAN PLAY MARIO PARTY 23 ON TWO TEEVEES.
I'd buy one for travel and one for home use. On top of that, since they'll most likely be LAN capable, it'll make it easier to gather multiple Rev's for multiplayer purposes. You are such a fucking moron.

Quote:
Edit: Bahaha read this
Yeah, that sounds like a totally unbiased response to me. Not a Nintendo-hater, huh?

Quote:
Looks like you've gotta pay to play Mario Land 2. Owned. No free downloads for you, unless you just wanna play for 15 minutes.
I never said they'd be free. I was hoping they'd be, but since the official word is that they're not, I'm not disappointed in the slightest. You have to pay to buy games, you have to pay to rent games, you have to pay to play arcade titles. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume you'd have to pay to play Nintendo's downloads. I'd imagine the cost will be negligible, no more than a buck or two per game. I fail to see how that's "owned".

I'd like to reiterate one final time that you're a fucking moron. You get your ass handed to you, by me, every single time you choose to engage in these scuffles. It honestly makes me laugh to see the way your brain contorts logic and common sense in it's vain attempt to overpower mine. There's no reason for you to even respond, because all it will consist of are limp-wristed attempts to one-up me, and not a single thing you post will succeed. You lose, you always have lost, you always will lose. Just accept it and find someplace else to troll.

Moron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-10, 12:55 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Why do you think that Nintendo releases..."
I do not know about the rest of you guys but to tell you the truth i enjoy playing some of the "kiddie" games. Just because a game doesnt have you shooting someone or some typed of blood and gore doesnt mean that it is not fun to be playin. I mean i love to play Super Smash Brothers Melee and there is no blood at all in it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-06-10, 12:58 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "I do not know about the rest of you..."
There is nothing wrong with the 'kiddy-type' games at all. It's just when people glorify them out of fuckign proportion it's a bit too much to handle. I mean seriously, Zelda better pull gamecube out of the fucking rut that it is in right now or they're screwed.

And no flaming Raziel, this isn't the place for it, you need to have a temp-ban for the 15 times you've flamed me in the Gen Gaming forum.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V