Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:56 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "Nintendo Revolution..."
Revolution looks awesome, so far. I love the design. Personally, I think it's the best-looking of the three. The PS3 looks like a printer and the controller is an abomination. Seriously, there was nothing wrong with the dual-shock design. Why the change? XBox 360 has an awesome controller, but I'm not terribly keen on the actual console. It looks like a PC tower. No real character or uniqueness to it.

However, the look of the hardware doesn't clue anybody in as to the nature of the console's "revolutionary" functionality, and we still haven't seen the controller. I'm definitely excited for it, but not 100% sold on it yet. Hopefully, the coming months will reveal more information about the system's real capabilities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:59 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Revolution looks awesome, so far. I..."
I heard a rumor somewhere that the controller is going to be touch-screen of some sort where you customize the buttons to your taste. This sort of goes along with what they've been hinting at with the downloadable functionality.

I'm not going to be satisfied with the downloading capability unless they offer at least a LOT of the games for the older consoles. I don't really give a damn about the N64 for the most part, but SNES and NES games are super fucking collectible. I've started working on my SNES collection again through ebay recently.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-05-25, 03:37 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I heard a rumor somewhere that the..."
I thought it was supposed to be ALL previous nintendo games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-25, 03:48 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I thought it was supposed to be ALL..."
Ya, that's what I thought, but some guy they interviewed on G4TV from Nintendo said that they would have many favorites available for download. If it was going to be all, he would have said "ALL!!! ALL!!"
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-05-25, 04:45 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Ya, that's what I thought, but some guy..."
I've also heard that it's any game that has been on a nintendo system.

I have a Gamecube, last time I played it was months ago. It's a waste of space. I've got Metroid Prime, SSBM, and Super Mario Sunshine, and none of them are entertaining. SSBM was fun for about an hour, Super Mario Sunshine was a few hours. Metroid Prime is the only one of the three that I actually played more than a day, and I beat it and no longer have any urge to play it again.

Forgot to state my point. My point is, I'm not the only person that feels this way about the Gamecube, so I'm hoping Nintendo was smart about this new system. It seems like they have done a good job but until I know a few things I'm not sold on it either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-05-25, 09:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've also heard that it's any game that..."
King, the exact same thing can be said about the PS2, or the XBox. I barely use my PS2. Aside from my recent binge with the Ratchet games, I haven't played the thing in months. There are also many people who share this same sentiment. Does that mean Sony shoould completely alter their gameplan simply to appease people like me? No. That's retarded, and it's retarded to expect Nintendo to do the same for you.

If the GCN isn't for you, that's fine. The XBox isn't for me, but you don't hear me howling at Microsoft to completely alter the soul of their business acumen, do you? You've grown out of Nintendo. Don't expect them to follow you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-05-30, 07:31 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "King, the exact same thing can be said..."
Well guys here it is! Wanana!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-30, 10:57 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Well guys here it is! Wanana! ..."
What in gods name is that??!

It looks like some kind of...cheap, plastic prototype...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-30, 03:36 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Revolution looks awesome, so far. I..."
As you may or may not have noticed, with all or most of the pics of the PS3 and its controllers at the bottom it said something along the lines as "subject to change".

Think about it, there is a long time before it's launch and they could possibly due anything they wanted to the system and controllers. It was just a the unveiling of a system, nothing said that what you saw was official.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-05-30, 05:52 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Well guys here it is! Wanana! ..."
Why the fuck is there an eject button?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-05-30, 07:39 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Why the fuck is there an eject button?"
Yeah that is pretty sweet but i am also confused as to why there is an eject button.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-31, 03:47 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Yeah that is pretty sweet but i am also..."
There needs to be, to get the disc out of the slot...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-31, 05:10 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "King, the exact same thing can be said..."
Raziel said:
King, the exact same thing can be said about the PS2, or the XBox. I barely use my PS2. Aside from my recent binge with the Ratchet games, I haven't played the thing in months. There are also many people who share this same sentiment. Does that mean Sony shoould completely alter their gameplan simply to appease people like me? No. That's retarded, and it's retarded to expect Nintendo to do the same for you.

If the GCN isn't for you, that's fine. The XBox isn't for me, but you don't hear me howling at Microsoft to completely alter the soul of their business acumen, do you? You've grown out of Nintendo. Don't expect them to follow you.
But the fact is, people don't normally say those things about the PS2 or Xbox. Nintendo has changed a lot since the SNES. It looks like they have a pretty good chance of winning me back with the new console.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-06-05, 11:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But the fact is, people don't normally..."
In response to everyone's confusion over that pic, that's not the Revolution. Are you people retarded?

To King, honestly, Nintendo hasn't changed almost at all. That's the problem. Until recently, they haven't done anything to try and remove themselves from their tried-and-true business model, and it has caused the company a lot of damage as a result.

Only now are they realizing the true importance of strong 3rd-party support, online support and a more modern image. I personally love my Gamecube, but I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't say it looked like a Fisher Price toy. The Revolution is Nintendo's answer to demand for a more modern appeal, and the design of the hardware itself really shows this. Not to mention the fact that it's fully wireless, online enabled right out of the box, backwards compatible with nearly every Nintendo console in history, and loaded with one or two more big features that constitute the theorized "revolutionary" aspect of the system. I'm more excited for this console than I have been for anything for quite some time, and I'd expect that anyone with love for Nintendo would be as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-06, 03:40 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "In response to everyone's confusion..."
I'm pretty sure noone was serious about that picture...at least I hope they werent...

Backwards compatible with nearly every Nintendo console in history? Do you mean the ability to download all those games, or can you actually stick snes cartridges in there?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-06-06, 09:08 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "I'm pretty sure noone was serious about..."
lol. Its like they've never seen a nes controller before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-06-06, 09:10 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "I'm pretty sure noone was serious about..."
Downloadable from an online database.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-06-06, 11:09 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Downloadable from an online database."
If you can't stick in your NES FF cart and continue where you left off on your NES, it's not backwards compatibility.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-06-06, 12:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If you can't stick in your NES FF cart..."
Yeah, it shouldn't be confused like that. The Nintendo Revolution isn't going to be backwards compatible, except maybe with the Gamecube, I dunno. The games will be downloadable. It's been recently hinted that online play will be free and that downloading games will be made "easy and very inexpensive".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-06-06, 02:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, it shouldn't be confused like..."
Semantics. You two knew exactly what I meant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel