Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Time to start using Firefox again...
Posted 2008-12-18, 03:13 PM
Microsoft has issued a maximum severity rating of ‘critical’ for all versions of the browser and encourages all users to deploy the update - which is a piece of specially written computer code - as soon as it becomes available.

Due to the flaw, ‘Trojan horse’ viruses can be injected into the software of millions of computers, allowing criminals to remotely access and operate them.

Hackers in China are at the centre of the cyber attack, which is the most serious in the history of Microsoft’s operating system. As many as 10,000 websites have already been compromised, according to anti-virus software producer Trend Micro.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...computers.html

God, I use Internet Explorer 7 all the time. It's my default browser...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-12-18, 03:14 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Time to start using Firefox again..."
Hahaha, it's ours at work. I would love a virus to give me a few days off.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-18, 03:26 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hahaha, it's ours at work. I would love..."
same here but ive liked firefox better
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-12-19, 12:03 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Time to start using Firefox again..."
I tried deleting IE off my computer but the icon kept on popping back up V_V
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-12-19, 08:43 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Time to start using Firefox again..."
If you've downloaded the critical update, what's the problem? They fixed the flaw. You should have downloaded this yesterday. If not, do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-19, 08:51 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If you've downloaded the critical..."
I heart Firefox.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-19, 03:16 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I heart Firefox."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I heart Firefox.

I heart FireFox as well. IE8 Beta 2, though, is looking very promising. Beta 1 was awful.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-12-19, 04:39 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If you've downloaded the critical..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
If you've downloaded the critical update, what's the problem? They fixed the flaw. You should have downloaded this yesterday. If not, do it.
It's not enough...

I downloaded that patch, set my Internet Explorer security to high, and set my Avast On-access scanner to the highest alert, and guess what happened to my Internet Explorer today? It crashed, two times!
Luckily, when I scanned my computer for the trojan, I managed to find it. It was hidden in the temporary internet files for Internet Explorer.
So right after that incident, I promptly copied all my favs to the Firefox I had installed a bit ago, set my preferences, and now Firefox is my default browser.

I will wait until Microsoft fixes this problem, and even then I probably won't revert back to Explorer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-12-19, 05:00 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "It's not enough... I downloaded that..."
You probably contracted the Trojan Horse before the update was released.

I'm not disagreeing with you, though. I think Firefox > IE in so many ways and Firefox is my main browser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-19, 06:46 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "It's not enough... I downloaded that..."
It was in temp? Oh noez! Surely you clear your temporary internet files after every session?

If you're safe and clever in your surfing habits, security, and how you run your computer, then you can stick with IE. I don't see why you'd want to, but theoretically you could. Tell the truth, I'd prefer to use IE over FF. I find FF to be a horribly clunky and slow browser, uninituitive to use, and feature-poor - for all the praise about features, you'd have thought that they'd come as standard. I've made a number of friends at Uni who run FF, and they've all been mightily impressed with the features that Maxthon comes with as standard, but which FF is sorely lacking in. Either way, I'd probably use FF over Opera... now there's a waste of space.

And if it came with the features I use in Maxthon, Chrome would be my default without a question but, alas, it does not.

Just my two pence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-01-05, 07:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It was in temp? Oh noez! Surely you..."
So I've been using Firefox lately, and it has been running smoothly, yet I've encountered some annoyances. For example, I close my browser often, and every so often an error window appears. It says that Firefox is running but not responding, and I have to restart my computer every time to get Firefox to open again. Now I just got my computer last summer, and it's really fast, yet Firefox sometimes stops responding. I was wondering if anybody else has encountered these problems with Mozilla, as when these type of annoyances occur, it makes me want to switch to Internet Explorer despite the possible trojans.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-05, 08:20 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "So I've been using Firefox lately, and..."
I don't know about you guys but we mac people don't have that problem.... and for the record, I use Firefox
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-06, 04:38 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I don't know about you guys but we mac..."
im having a problem with the xml core code updat5e it does not want to install right when i installed it 10 times allready
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-01-06, 06:09 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I don't know about you guys but we mac..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I don't know about you guys but we mac people don't have that problem.... and for the record, I use Firefox
Dude, it has nothing to do with Macs, I wasn't talking about trojans and viruses...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow