Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Beckham signs deal with Los Angeles Galaxy
Posted 2007-01-12, 07:19 AM
I was going to post this a couple of nights ago, but I forgot.

Anyway... hear this all you Football fans! David Beckham has signed a deal with Los Angeles Galaxy. He's moving there once the Football League in Europe finishes (around June/July). His contract is for 5 years (by which time he'll be 36 and naught but a shell of his former glory), and for $1million a week!

Madness.

Anyway, have some reports:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...bba65cdd?imw=Y

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...3-22896402e9c2

Don't get me wrong, he's still a good player, but since he moved from United to Madrid he's lost form, and has gradually lost his touch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 07:53 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Beckham signs deal with Los Angeles..."
Don't you think it's just for the money?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-01-12, 07:57 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Don't you think it's just for the money?"
He says it's not. And to be fair, he's already loaded so he doesn't need it. But there's bound to be something about the move that is just for the money.

Also he's getting old. He's played for the best club in England (at the time). He's played for one of the best clubs in Europe, alongside some of the worlds best players, it looks like now he wants to make a big name for himself in America, and bring his illustrious career to an end.

He's not going to play International Football for England again, so why not try and do something in America?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 12:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "He says it's not. And to be fair, he's..."
Wow, Donovan and Beckham on the same team. Could prove to be devastating. Why is he playing at a 'lower level', though?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-01-12, 12:53 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, Donovan and Beckham on the same..."
One thing he's said in an interview is that he wants to go to a team that maybe aren't world class, and help build them up to that level.

To be honest I don't think that Beckham and Donovan would make that good a pair.

From what I know of Donovan, which is what was said during the WC, is that he's fast, and deadly?

Beckham is old. He's slow. He seems to prefer going up the right wing at his own pace, and then crossing the ball into the area. He's also a player who, when motivated, can take advantage of set pieces and completely devastate a defence - as has been demonstrated countless times with his curving free kicks and corners. Sadly he's been getting a lot fewer on target these days. He only got two during the WC.

How exactly does Donovan play? I'm just guessing here. The two might compliment each other tremendously, and I just don't know it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 01:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "One thing he's said in an interview is..."
I thought he was a Soccer player?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-12, 01:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I thought he was a Soccer player?"
He is. But I'm part of the rest of the world. So he's a Football player.

Football in the terms of the game of Football, in which you kick the ball around a field, makes a lot more sense than Football in the terms of picking up the ball (the shape of a Rugby ball, I might add) and sprinting with it nestled in your arm pit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 02:02 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "He is. But I'm part of the rest of the..."
It was what we in America call a "joke."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-12, 02:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It was what we in America call a..."
Oh... cultural differences coming into play again, I fear.

I've got a great joke about 1000 nuns and a Leprechaun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 03:26 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh... cultural differences coming into..."
Do tell good chap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-12, 03:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Do tell good chap."
It's a long one... and completely unrelated to Beckham.

In fact, I'll put it in Duck Soup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 11:36 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Beckham signs deal with Los Angeles..."
Yea, this completly dominates A-Rods deal. So much for a guy that plays soccer, imo worst deal to give someone. A quater of a billion for 5 years...

Since I can't find the pay-rod website anymore...

http://www.angelfire.com/co3/MLBX/Pay_Rod.html
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-01-14, 12:53 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Yea, this completly dominates A-Rods..."
That's a hell of a lot of money for a past-his-prime athlete. It's all in the marketing though, so in the end, it may be worth it. Even if it doesn't show on the field....or pitch or whatever you Brits call it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2007-01-14, 01:20 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "That's a hell of a lot of money for a..."
Pitch, usually.

Supposedly it's Posh that's driving him over to America. She wants to be an A-list celeb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-14, 05:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Pitch, usually. Supposedly it's..."
Actually its a quater of a billion dollars, just think about that much money and how he could play in England for less. Theres a reason he's moving to the U$.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-01-16, 06:34 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Actually its a quater of a billion..."
Galaxy will be a tough team to beat. Its probably a move to get outsiders of America to watch our soccer leagues or get more european players here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-01-20, 06:11 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Galaxy will be a tough team to beat...."
OMG NOOOO! why would a world class player like this join the MLS? the MLS is a joke in the soccer community of the world.....but then again he is getting old........hey maybe ronaldo and Zidane will join Galaxy...psych
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight